U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 06:29 PM

40,306 posts, read 26,882,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You’re changing the subject. Address the claims in the article I linked. Did Jesus really say within you?
Yes, He did. It would make no sense otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 07:34 PM
Status: "Land is in California; World is in Florida" (set 2 days ago)

16,431 posts, read 8,952,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, He did. It would make no sense otherwise.
No, it would not fit your invented theology. The article I linked proves you wrong.

Various translations render the Greek of Luke 17:21 various ways. The phrase translated “within you” in the KJV and NKJV is translated as “in your midst” in the NIV, NASB, and NET; “among you” in the NLT and HCSB; and “in the midst of you” in the ESV. Earlier versions of the NIV had “within you” with a marginal note suggesting “among you.” There is obviously a difference between saying “the kingdom of God is within you” and “the kingdom of God is among you.”

“Within you” comes off as an unfavorable translation, seeing that Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees at the time. Jesus was surely not saying that the kingdom of God resided within the Pharisees’ hearts. The Pharisees opposed Jesus and had no relationship with God. Jesus in other places denounced them as “whitewashed tombs” and “hypocrites” (Matthew 23:27).

Old 09-19-2018, 07:45 PM

32,378 posts, read 21,213,383 times
Quote:
That is a poor interpretation. Read here:

https://www.gotquestions.org/kingdom...ithin-you.html
I would advice any new believer never go to this website, it is hostile to Christ and his kingdom. The great mystery hidden through the ages according to the scriptures is Christ in us, and if Christ is in us, so is his kingdom. It is further proof too that bible fundamentalists have nothing but what is written in ink.

1 John 4:15
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
No, it would not fit your invented theology. The article I linked proves you wrong.
Then answer Nate, Jimmie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Do you ever wonder, jimmiej, how if the kingdom is in the midst it remains invisible?
How do you reconcile the many passages that refer to our bodies as the Temple within which God resides?

Old 09-20-2018, 08:37 AM

1,259 posts, read 299,867 times
Jesus called His Followers Friends:

Joh 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

So can we know the Day and Hour of the Lord's return? Surely we can if we are FRIENDS of the Lord.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Then answer Nate, Jimmie. How do you reconcile the many passages that refer to our bodies as the Temple within which God resides?
I don’t like Nate, so no.

What you are referring describes believers, not everyone.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Why do you believe this? Jesus abides with all of us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." Just because people ignore the Comforter within does not mean He is not there.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:48 PM

16,378 posts, read 7,712,716 times
Quote:

Understandable. Nate DOES press you in areas where you are uncomfortable. Too bad you can't see the answers that ARE there.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Why do you believe this? Jesus abides with all of us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." Just because people ignore the Comforter within does not mean He is not there.
The Spirit only indwells the believing heart.

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

Old 09-20-2018, 02:58 PM

32,378 posts, read 21,213,383 times
Quote:
The Spirit only indwells the believing heart.

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)
You really do not believe(or should i say know ) this for yourself, so how could you ever accept it in those you label non believers?. One thing you never hear a fundamentalist speak of is any form of experience with the Spirit unless it is in reference to the bible. In other words you know the bible says the Spirit of God is within so you agree to it, but it's just a belief.

The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

You can't read scripture in the black and white literal way like you have been taught and claim you understand it. The scripture you are quoting is loaded with wonderful truth beyond the ink. I do not care how long you have been a christian, but unless you know(not believe) the Spirit of God dwells in you how you ever going to function by it, so it is obvious it is not saying some have it while others don't, it is saying you are operating out of the reality of the Spirit, which the scriptures refer to being in the flesh.

We all live move and have our being in him...... How many folk do you think know this?. Those that don't are not outside of him, they are just living as if there is something outside of him. There is absolutely nothing outside of God .

One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all AND IN ALL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity