Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 04:07 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
^non-sequitur, but hey who cares? Even the OP won't say why the subject matters any more than a fart in a whirlwind.

The subject matters to those that want to know the Truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 11:23 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
The subject matters to those that want to know the Truth.
GINOLJC, to all. and a Great Point, "The subject matters to those that want to know the Truth". I agree.

Addressing the OP, and a few other posters.

#1. a Good topic, “The Sabbath”.

#2. zthatzmanz28 asked the most important question, it can be found in Post #16 page 2. I haven't read all the other post.

#3. the OP, HeWillCome2040, made a good statement also in post #19.

But addressing the OP and zthatzmanz28, this is maybe one of the most Important topic of our time. What do I mean. There is only one Sabbath day for Christians. God gave us, all men the SABBATH DAY to look forward to.

Before the Law was given by Moses, before any prophet or any apostle, or pastor, bishop, evangelist or preacher God preached the Good news, or the GOSPEL, from the beginning of CREATION concering the SABBATH. What do I mean. I’m sure many Christian already Know this, but just in case some don't it may be encouraging, and edifying.

The Sabbath day was establish by God for all men. As said, before any Law was Given or any prophet was called. Scripture, Genesis 2:1-3 "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made”.

The word “REST” here is the Hebrew word, H7673 שָׁבַת shabath (shaw-ɓath') v.
to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion.
{used in many implied relations (causative, figurative or specific)}
[a primitive root]
KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away”.

What do “repose” mean? it's a state of rest, sleep, or tranquility. Sleep is a symbolic sign for DEATH, which sin make us with God. It started in the Garden with Adam and Eve.

the first and only SABBATH was establish by God, in so, addressing zthatzmanz28 question in post #16, and the OP answering it, the Sabbath of God was to “RESTORE” man from his coming fall in sin meaning (DEATH), or sleep from God. The OP was correct in his answer, “to rest, or cease” from sin. For Adam sinned in the flesh and the Lord Jesus on the cross condemn sin in the flesh. Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh”.

in the works of the flesh, where sin is now, we will get to later. but This was the first step toward restoring man back to God. first INWARD, by establishing the KINGDOM from within, (the Kingdom of God), that's why we as Christians must walk/live in the Spirit in God’s Sabbath day rest not man’s days.

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit”. we are no longer under the Law but in the Spirit. 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine”. so we’re not under the LAW, for our Righteousness is in Christ Jesus in the Spirit.

Under the OT covenant, our flesh was the motion of sin. Hence the weekly rest to point toward an everlasting rest/Sabbath. For the OT was a foreshadow/foretelling of the GOOD THINGS/GOODNEWS of God that was to come, which is the Gospel of Jesus the Christ, (salvation, or the RESTORING of Man back to God). And in the beginning God, the Lord Jesus preached this to all men. What do I mean, for those who don’t know the Gospel, from the beginning from CREATION, hear.

This rest is in Christ Jesus, Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”. JESUS IS OUR SABBATH/REST.

Let’s get an understanding. Starting in the OT, Exodus 23:12 "Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed".

What was the people to do? “REST” why? To be “REFRESHED”. read Exodus 23:12 above again.

The keyword here is REFRESHED, what do it means? It is the Hebrew word, H5314 נָפַשׁ naphash (naw-fash') v.
1. to breathe.
2. (passively) to be breathed upon.
3. (figuratively) to be refreshed (as if by a current of air).
[a primitive root]
KJV: (be) refresh selves (-ed).

Note definition #1 & 2 closely. Where have we seen this, “to breathe”, or “to be breathed upon” at before? Two places in scripture.

The first place, Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul”. there is that FIRST refreshing. Why, because the FIRST MAN was a “DEAD” man until God, the Lord Jesus blew into him/man the “breath” of Life.

Second place, John 20:22 "And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost”. here the first men to receive this restoration, the Spirit are the apostles.

So the Reason for “REST” or Sabbath is to RESTORE/REFRESH. this word “REFRESH” is synonym with: reinvigorate, revitalize, revive, restore, fortify, enliven, perk up, stimulate, freshen, energize, exhilarate, reanimate, re-energize, wake up, revivify, inspirit.

In Genesis when God, JESUS, the LORD, blew into the man nostrils, he, as the definition said, “energize” man or gave man LIFE. In John 20, after man fell by “breathing” on the apostle, God, the Lord Jesus reinvigorate, revitalize, revive, restore, or re-energize man, (who was DEAD in trespass and sin). for God said, "in the day you eat you shall die", scripture proof,

Ephesians 2:4 "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved”. STOP, hold it, quicken? What do that word means. Quickened: G4806 συζωοποιέω suzoopoieo (sï-zō-o-poi-ye'-ō) v.
to reanimate conjointly with (figuratively).
[from G4862 and G2227]
KJV: quicken together with

What do Reanimate means?, it is synonym with: “REFRESH” as in Exodus 23:12. see the connection now from the OT to the NT. Refresh, and Quickened is the RESURRECTION from the DEAD. from where one man, Adam, fell, the Last Adam Jesus Christ RESTORED.

See, God SABBATH is the Gospel in a nutshell. it is the death burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

The Breath, the NEW LIFE, he breathes into a NEW CREATURE, MAN the NEW MAN, who is made in the IMAGE OF GOD, RESTORED. to restore to life or the consciousness of Man to God, by revive, or as the definition states, re-energize by the Spirit.

As in the definition of Quicken above, Reanimate means also to REFRESH or to breathe upon. the result of resting from ones WORK, meaning to ENTER INTO GOD’S REST, his Sabbath for all men. Just as the Teaching Scripture of God states: Exodus 23:12 "Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed”.

the word "REFRESH" open our understand of God Gospel, old and new.

Now knowing this, there is much more to this SABBATH of God to know and Learn. No it’s not Saturday, NOR SUNDAY, BUT EVERYDAY. Do one love the Lord your God only on Sunday and Saturday?

Commandment, Matthew 22:34 "But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

Matthew 22:35 "Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

Matthew 22:36 "Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Matthew 22:37 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Matthew 22:38 "This is the first and great commandment.

Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 22:40 "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

so the Christian Love the Lord and their neighbors everyday. there are, but ... for another time.

Now for the WORKS we're to REST from,

Galatians 2:16 "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Let’s see this work of the FLESH, Galatians 5:19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Galatians 5:20 "Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Galatians 5:21 "Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God”.

So every day we’re to rest from these works of the Flesh.

There is so much more to say and understand of the SABBATH of God. Renewing of the mind, living in Christ, baptism.. ect.... We have touched on a few but the Gospel is in the Spirit in the OT and even unto the NT where it is fulfilled . God himself preached it at the BEGINING, Genesis 2, and he preached it in his Law, written on stone tablet, and in his prophets of the OT, (1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow).

Christ, the Lord Jesus was clearly in the OT without flesh, without bone, and without blood preaching the Gospel, the SABBATH.

and when he came in the flesh he preached it also again,
When he came in the FLESH, he spoke, declare, and preached it again, listen,

John 7:37 "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

John 7:38 "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

John 7:39 "(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 7:40 "Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.

likewise by his Spirit in us now, he preach his Gospel. there is only one preacher in the church of the Lord Jesus, it's him. see, I'm keep the sabbath right now by teaching it, and it's Tuesday.

Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen".

Christian cannot observe the SABBATH, that's God Sabbath, without the Spirit.

And we can go to the OT again and see where this was prophesied, the Book of Joel, chapter 2 verses 28 & 29. "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions".

this is reason why the Spirit, the “BREATH” of life was poured out in the first place. to be a SABBATH, or REFRESHING of Man by God.

Again, the whole bible,the OT and the NT is about the SABBATH or the REFRESHING, or the RESTORATION of man back to God. That’s the GOSPEL in a nutshell.

we hope this may help or edify someone who read this.

Know your bible.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:12 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Well, 101c, that was a lovely long post having NOTHING to do with the OP which was about "sabbath" only being obseved during daylight hours.

It would help if you actually addressed the point instead of going off on irrelevant tangents.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, to all. and a Great Point, "The subject matters to those that want to know the Truth". I agree.

Addressing the OP, and a few other posters.

#1. a Good topic, “The Sabbath”.

#2. zthatzmanz28 asked the most important question, it can be found in Post #16 page 2. I haven't read all the other post.

#3. the OP, HeWillCome2040, made a good statement also in post #19.

But addressing the OP and zthatzmanz28, this is maybe one of the most Important topic of our time. What do I mean. There is only one Sabbath day for Christians. God gave us, all men the SABBATH DAY to look forward to.

Before the Law was given by Moses, before any prophet or any apostle, or pastor, bishop, evangelist or preacher God preached the Good news, or the GOSPEL, from the beginning of CREATION concering the SABBATH. What do I mean. I’m sure many Christian already Know this, but just in case some don't it may be encouraging, and edifying.

The Sabbath day was establish by God for all men. As said, before any Law was Given or any prophet was called. Scripture, Genesis 2:1-3 "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made”.

The word “REST” here is the Hebrew word, H7673 שָׁבַת shabath (shaw-ɓath') v.
to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion.
{used in many implied relations (causative, figurative or specific)}
[a primitive root]
KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away”.

What do “repose” mean? it's a state of rest, sleep, or tranquility. Sleep is a symbolic sign for DEATH, which sin make us with God. It started in the Garden with Adam and Eve.

the first and only SABBATH was establish by God, in so, addressing zthatzmanz28 question in post #16, and the OP answering it, the Sabbath of God was to “RESTORE” man from his coming fall in sin meaning (DEATH), or sleep from God. The OP was correct in his answer, “to rest, or cease” from sin. For Adam sinned in the flesh and the Lord Jesus on the cross condemn sin in the flesh. Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh”.

in the works of the flesh, where sin is now, we will get to later. but This was the first step toward restoring man back to God. first INWARD, by establishing the KINGDOM from within, (the Kingdom of God), that's why we as Christians must walk/live in the Spirit in God’s Sabbath day rest not man’s days.

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit”. we are no longer under the Law but in the Spirit. 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine”. so we’re not under the LAW, for our Righteousness is in Christ Jesus in the Spirit.

Under the OT covenant, our flesh was the motion of sin. Hence the weekly rest to point toward an everlasting rest/Sabbath. For the OT was a foreshadow/foretelling of the GOOD THINGS/GOODNEWS of God that was to come, which is the Gospel of Jesus the Christ, (salvation, or the RESTORING of Man back to God). And in the beginning God, the Lord Jesus preached this to all men. What do I mean, for those who don’t know the Gospel, from the beginning from CREATION, hear.

This rest is in Christ Jesus, Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”. JESUS IS OUR SABBATH/REST.

Let’s get an understanding. Starting in the OT, Exodus 23:12 "Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed".

What was the people to do? “REST” why? To be “REFRESHED”. read Exodus 23:12 above again.

The keyword here is REFRESHED, what do it means? It is the Hebrew word, H5314 נָפַשׁ naphash (naw-fash') v.
1. to breathe.
2. (passively) to be breathed upon.
3. (figuratively) to be refreshed (as if by a current of air).
[a primitive root]
KJV: (be) refresh selves (-ed).

Note definition #1 & 2 closely. Where have we seen this, “to breathe”, or “to be breathed upon” at before? Two places in scripture.

The first place, Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul”. there is that FIRST refreshing. Why, because the FIRST MAN was a “DEAD” man until God, the Lord Jesus blew into him/man the “breath” of Life.

Second place, John 20:22 "And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost”. here the first men to receive this restoration, the Spirit are the apostles.

So the Reason for “REST” or Sabbath is to RESTORE/REFRESH. this word “REFRESH” is synonym with: reinvigorate, revitalize, revive, restore, fortify, enliven, perk up, stimulate, freshen, energize, exhilarate, reanimate, re-energize, wake up, revivify, inspirit.

In Genesis when God, JESUS, the LORD, blew into the man nostrils, he, as the definition said, “energize” man or gave man LIFE. In John 20, after man fell by “breathing” on the apostle, God, the Lord Jesus reinvigorate, revitalize, revive, restore, or re-energize man, (who was DEAD in trespass and sin). for God said, "in the day you eat you shall die", scripture proof,

Ephesians 2:4 "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved”. STOP, hold it, quicken? What do that word means. Quickened: G4806 συζωοποιέω suzoopoieo (sï-zō-o-poi-ye'-ō) v.
to reanimate conjointly with (figuratively).
[from G4862 and G2227]
KJV: quicken together with

What do Reanimate means?, it is synonym with: “REFRESH” as in Exodus 23:12. see the connection now from the OT to the NT. Refresh, and Quickened is the RESURRECTION from the DEAD. from where one man, Adam, fell, the Last Adam Jesus Christ RESTORED.

See, God SABBATH is the Gospel in a nutshell. it is the death burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

The Breath, the NEW LIFE, he breathes into a NEW CREATURE, MAN the NEW MAN, who is made in the IMAGE OF GOD, RESTORED. to restore to life or the consciousness of Man to God, by revive, or as the definition states, re-energize by the Spirit.

As in the definition of Quicken above, Reanimate means also to REFRESH or to breathe upon. the result of resting from ones WORK, meaning to ENTER INTO GOD’S REST, his Sabbath for all men. Just as the Teaching Scripture of God states: Exodus 23:12 "Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed”.

the word "REFRESH" open our understand of God Gospel, old and new.

Now knowing this, there is much more to this SABBATH of God to know and Learn. No it’s not Saturday, NOR SUNDAY, BUT EVERYDAY. Do one love the Lord your God only on Sunday and Saturday?

Commandment, Matthew 22:34 "But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

Matthew 22:35 "Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

Matthew 22:36 "Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Matthew 22:37 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Matthew 22:38 "This is the first and great commandment.

Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 22:40 "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

so the Christian Love the Lord and their neighbors everyday. there are, but ... for another time.

Now for the WORKS we're to REST from,

Galatians 2:16 "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Let’s see this work of the FLESH, Galatians 5:19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Galatians 5:20 "Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Galatians 5:21 "Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God”.

So every day we’re to rest from these works of the Flesh.

There is so much more to say and understand of the SABBATH of God. Renewing of the mind, living in Christ, baptism.. ect.... We have touched on a few but the Gospel is in the Spirit in the OT and even unto the NT where it is fulfilled . God himself preached it at the BEGINING, Genesis 2, and he preached it in his Law, written on stone tablet, and in his prophets of the OT, (1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow).

Christ, the Lord Jesus was clearly in the OT without flesh, without bone, and without blood preaching the Gospel, the SABBATH.

and when he came in the flesh he preached it also again,
When he came in the FLESH, he spoke, declare, and preached it again, listen,

John 7:37 "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

John 7:38 "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

John 7:39 "(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 7:40 "Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.

likewise by his Spirit in us now, he preach his Gospel. there is only one preacher in the church of the Lord Jesus, it's him. see, I'm keep the sabbath right now by teaching it, and it's Tuesday.

Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen".

Christian cannot observe the SABBATH, that's God Sabbath, without the Spirit.

And we can go to the OT again and see where this was prophesied, the Book of Joel, chapter 2 verses 28 & 29. "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions".

this is reason why the Spirit, the “BREATH” of life was poured out in the first place. to be a SABBATH, or REFRESHING of Man by God.

Again, the whole bible,the OT and the NT is about the SABBATH or the REFRESHING, or the RESTORATION of man back to God. That’s the GOSPEL in a nutshell.

we hope this may help or edify someone who read this.

Know your bible.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, 101c, that was a lovely long post having NOTHING to do with the OP which was about "sabbath" only being obseved during daylight hours.

It would help if you actually addressed the point instead of going off on irrelevant tangents.
Maybe you need to copy it to a word processor and study what was posted.

and ask God to open your EYES. but as i said, I hoped it would be for edification.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
in the name of Jesus thanks HeWillCome2040.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Maybe you need to copy it to a word processor and study what was posted.

and ask God to open your EYES. but as i said, I hoped it would be for edification.

PICYJAG.
Maybe you need to actually read what I said. There may be threads where your post would be appropriate, but not this one, and if you just want to preach on a different topic, open a new thread.

In the meantime, THIS thread is a colossal waste of space due to there being no earthly (or heavenly) reason to pursue it.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:34 PM

Here is an interesting site that speaks of the 12 hour sabbath. They look to have posted a lot of the findings that led to their conclusions so that may be useful here to those that are studying the subject.

A Case For The 12 Hour Sabbath

Old 09-17-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Here is an interesting site that speaks of the 12 hour sabbath. They look to have posted a lot of the findings that led to their conclusions so that may be useful here to those that are studying the subject.

A Case For The 12 Hour Sabbath
This is an interesting Research paper. I'll be reading this in depth later, but I gleam a few points, on days.

in Genesis the term "DAY" is not the same in Genesis 1:3 vs Gensis 1:14. the term LIGHT in 1:3 is
H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
2. (concretely) luminary (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.).
[from H215]
KJV: bright, clear, + day, light (-ning), morning, sun.
Root(s): H215

which to me is a metaphor "Understanding" wisdom. for in the definition above notice definition #2. "concretely", meaning luminary so what's the opposite of "concrete?", right "abstract" let's see it in the scriptures.

in Genesis 1:14, this is NATURAL "concrete" "Light" which is H3974 מָאוֹר ma'owr (maw-ore') n-m.
מָאֹר ma'or (maw-ore')
מְאוֹרָה m'owrah (meh-o-raw') [feminine]
מְאֹרָה m'orah (meh-o-raw')
1. (properly) a luminous body or luminary.
2. (abstractly) light (as an element).
3. (figuratively) brightness, i.e.cheerfulness.
4. (specifically) a chandelier.
[from H215]
KJV: bright, light.
Root(s): H215

notice definition #1 "luminary" which is "concrete", so as said the opposit is "abstrtact", here is my reasoning for the distinction. it's in "WHAT GOD SAID". listen, Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day".

the term "Called" settled it for me. God "labeled" the Light DAY, not that the Light was Day, but was "Labeled "DAY" for a reason. for man cannot see at night as you pointed out. so by knowing or excuse my English seeing, men can see in the "DAY", hence the term or label, "Day", the light is the WISDOM of God. scripture, Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; (THINGS MANIFESTED IS MANIFESTED BY LIGHT) for God hath shewed it unto them.

Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". seen is only in the "DAY" light.

so the Light in Genesis 1:3 is "the KNOWN" wisdom of God manifested in the THINGS made that are "seen". a metaphor example. say for instance a friend of your come to you and say, "did you hear what happen to so in so" and you might answer like this, "no, I was in the DARK about that". not that you was in a dark room without a light bulb on, no, you're saying that you had no KNOWLEDGE, or UNDERSTANDING of the situation. here is the "ABSTRACT" of LIGHT vs DARKNESS.

and the second thing that settled the TERM "DAY" for me in Genesis is chapter 1 and verse 14 when God said this "Light" be for "day(s). notice the "s" at the end of days. more than one. but in the creation summary account in Genesis 2:4 it states, "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens". here "DAY" is singular, but speaking of several. so, to me these days in Genesis 1:14 is not the "DAY" Genesis 1:3. (but that's my opinion, so don't hold me to it, ok).

with all of that out of the way, the NT clearly states, Colossians 2:16 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: (here again, days are plural vs only one for God)

Colossians 2:17 "Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ". here these days for man points to "a" DAY for God, scripture,

Hebrews 3:7 "Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Hebrews 3:8 "Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Hebrews 3:9 "When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

Hebrews 3:10 "Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Hebrews 3:11 "So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

and chapter 4 makes it very clear,
Hebrews 4:3 "For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 4:4 "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Hebrews 4:5 "And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. (that's the Genesis 2:1-3 I quoted in my last post).

Hebrews 4:6 "Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Hebrews 4:7 "Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, (THAT'S THE ANSWER, "TO DAY") after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Hebrews 4:8 "For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. (SO GOD SABBATH IS ONE DAY, "to day")

Hebrews 4:9 "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. (a "rest"/Sabbath is one, for a means only ONE)

Hebrews 4:10 "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Hebrews 4:11 "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief".

AMEN,

PICYJAG

Old 09-19-2018, 10:09 AM

Here is another verse to consider:

Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Now if Jesus is our Sabbath and He is Light, and those that follow Him are walking in that Light then how can the type 'weekly Sabbath' contain darkness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity