U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 07:22 PM

27,978 posts, read 15,057,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
You have no clue what the Sabbath Means, you think it means just "REST" from your Physical labor. LOL. knowing the Sabbath God establish and understanding Sabbath is totally different. it's the gospel in a nutshell.

the First and only Sabbath was Establish by God at the end of Creation. it is to be observed. which means it has it fulfillment in the NT.

God preached the Sabbath to all men, not just the nation of Israel, but all men.

see, Sabbath is the DEATH, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus the Christ for all men. you have no clue to the Sabbath understanding.

just study Exodus 23:12 "Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed".

Just in this one verse, one have the Death, the Burial, and the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus rolled into one Verse. but you can't see it. ..... (smile).

PICYJAG.
Yea, you still dont know what your talking about...Shabbat has nothing to do with sin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
Richard1965,
re: "Observing Shabbat has nothing to do with sin..."

Maybe, maybe not. 1 John 3:4 says that sin is lawlessness, so not obeying the Sabbath law would seem to be sin.
Well, yea, if you break that commandment then youve sinned, but that is for us Jews...

Old 09-23-2018, 05:06 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,538,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, you still dont know what your talking about...Shabbat has nothing to do with sin...
GINOLJC, to all.

First thanks for the reply... (smile).

so the Sabbath is not about sin... hmmmm. let's see. I'll make it very plain for you.

OT, Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and [B]hallowed it[/b].

notice the word "hallowed" in the verse, it's the Hebrew word, H6942 קָדַשׁ qadash (kaw-dash') v.
1. to be clean (ceremonially or morally).
2. (causatively) to make, pronounce or observe as clean (ceremonially or morally).
[a primitive root]
KJV: appoint, bid, consecrate, dedicate, defile, hallow, (be, keep) holy(-er, place), keep, prepare, proclaim, purify, sanctify(-ied one, self), X wholly.

notice, and Keep in mind definition #1 & #2.

Where have we seen this cleansing at in the NT? answer, when Cornelius, a gentile sent for Peter in the city of Joppa. let's pick up the account.

Acts 10:9 "On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
Acts 10:10 "And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
Acts 10:11 "And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Acts 10:12 "Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Acts 10:13 "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Acts 10:15 "And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Acts 10:16 "This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

So in hallowing it, the Sabbath, signify, or was a sign of a ceremonially or morally cleansing. So in this vision who was God signifying about? The Gentiles also, all men. How do we know it was talking about all men?. Because when Peter came to Cornelius house he said this.
Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Acts 10:35 "But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

in how many NATIONS? ... EVERY.

now my question, "what was removed, cleansed, and purified?". first let's remind our selves what the Lord Said, Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it".

one more time hallowed: H6942 קָדַשׁ qadash (kaw-dash') v.
2. (causatively) to make, pronounce or observe as clean (ceremonially or morally).

so the SABBATH is HALLOWED, it make one CLEAN. but FROM WHAT? dirty clothes? oh, that's what makes a gentile CLEAN unto God, or is it the actual dirt on one body..... that's what makes a gentile "CLEAN" unto God. or, or, or, maybe is it the SIN that was washed away by the blood of the Lord Jesus on the cross.

was that's the reason for the vision Peter had on the roof top?

I suggest one read their commentaries on these verses.

PICYJAG.

who say the OT is the only true word of God..... Na, the NT is the fulfillment of the OT. to put it plainly the OT is the NT hidden, and the NT is the OT revealed....

Old 09-23-2018, 05:51 PM

393 posts, read 216,055 times
I made the same mistake. Keeping the Sabbath is not about sin. However, not keeping it is.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
GINOLJC, to all.

First thanks for the reply... (smile).

so the Sabbath is not about sin... hmmmm. let's see. I'll make it very plain for you.

OT, Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and [B]hallowed it[/b].

notice the word "hallowed" in the verse, it's the Hebrew word, H6942 קָדַשׁ qadash (kaw-dash') v.
[a primitive root]
KJV: appoint, bid, consecrate, dedicate, defile, hallow, (be, keep) holy(-er, place), keep, prepare, proclaim, purify, sanctify(-ied one, self), X wholly.

notice, and Keep in mind definition #1 & #2.

Where have we seen this cleansing at in the NT? answer, when Cornelius, a gentile sent for Peter in the city of Joppa. let's pick up the account.

Acts 10:9 "On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
Acts 10:10 "And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
Acts 10:11 "And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Acts 10:12 "Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Acts 10:13 "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Acts 10:15 "And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Acts 10:16 "This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

So in hallowing it, the Sabbath, signify, or was a sign of a ceremonially or morally cleansing. So in this vision who was God signifying about? The Gentiles also, all men. How do we know it was talking about all men?. Because when Peter came to Cornelius house he said this.
Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Acts 10:35 "But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

in how many NATIONS? ... EVERY.

now my question, "what was removed, cleansed, and purified?". first let's remind our selves what the Lord Said, Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it".

one more time hallowed: H6942 קָדַשׁ qadash (kaw-dash') v.

so the SABBATH is HALLOWED, it make one CLEAN. but FROM WHAT? dirty clothes? oh, that's what makes a gentile CLEAN unto God, or is it the actual dirt on one body..... that's what makes a gentile "CLEAN" unto God. or, or, or, maybe is it the SIN that was washed away by the blood of the Lord Jesus on the cross.

was that's the reason for the vision Peter had on the roof top?

I suggest one read their commentaries on these verses.

PICYJAG.

who say the OT is the only true word of God..... Na, the NT is the fulfillment of the OT. to put it plainly the OT is the NT hidden, and the NT is the OT revealed....

Old 09-24-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
I made the same mistake. Keeping the Sabbath is not about sin. However, not keeping it is.
For Jews...

Old 09-24-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
For Jews...
Jews keep the Sabbath?, ... which one(s)?. was not Cornelius, a gentile, and saved?, yes, and was it not foretold in the OT by God himself? yes. let the Bible ... God Holy Word Speak.

Acts 10:1 "There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
Acts 10:2 "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Acts 10:3 "He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
Acts 10:4 "And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God".

a memorial? what do memorial here means? let's see, G3422 μνημόσυνον mnemosunon (mnee-mo-s '-non) n.
a reminder (memorandum), i.e. record.
[from G3421]
KJV: memorial
Root(s): G3421

where have we seen this at in the OT?, again let the Bible Speak,
Malachi 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name".

a book of what? "remembrance" what do remembrance here means,
it's the Hebrew word, H2146 זִכרוֹן zikrown (zik-rone') n-m.
a memento (or memorable thing, day or writing).
[from H2142]
KJV: memorial, record.
Root(s): H2142

memorial? like in what the angel told Cornelius? let's REFRESH our memory and ...... REMEMBER .

Acts 10:4 "And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God".

oh that memorial... and in Malachi the very next vers it also said, that thes people that are written in the book are "sons", which are his.

Malachi 3:17 "And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him". a GENTILE as a "son" to GOD almighty? say what!. yes, and they are written in a Book. otherwise there is no forgetfulness in God, what you say!. .... (smile).

wait a minute, hold it, let's recap. are you telling me by being cleansed, Cornelius a Gentile was written in the book of LIFE. hold it was not the Jews "ceremonially" cleansed of sin? by divers washing,offering and sacrifices every year. Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it".

one of my sources on this topic of sin and the Sabbath is "The Ceremonial Law", its a good read. Ceremonial Law And Moral Law

but back to what we're saying, a cross reference maybe in order here between Acts 10:4 and Mal 3:16-17, with a reference also to Rev 20:12.

God Sabbath is just all over the bible, especially the NT, the Gospel in a nut shell, .... "the SABBATH".

PICYJAG

Old 09-24-2018, 01:23 PM

The Sabbaths Days was for Sin.

Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Colossians 2:10 "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Colossians 2:11 "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Colossians 2:12 "Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Colossians 2:13 "And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Colossians 2:14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Colossians 2:15 "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Colossians 2:16 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Colossians 2:17 "Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

all these offering, sacrifices and sabbaths Days was for the removing of "SIN", which they never did. because they did them over and over, which "REMINDED" them of their sin.

all of this was a shadow of things to come, until the time of "reformation". and another word for reformation is "RESTORE".

Hebrews 9:8 "The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Hebrews 9:9 "Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Hebrews 9:10 "Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation".

WELL, WELL, WELL it is not the Law which take away our SIN it is the Spirit, by his blood that takes away our Sin. this is the reformation of God by putting his Spirit back in MAN.

man fell/sinned, God restore. Exodus 31:17 "It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed".

for it is God who "REFRESHES" or is the only source who refresh man or Gives man LIFE, and ... RESTORE Life to man. it was man sin who separated him from God, and only God can restore.

so the Sabbath is the Gospel, the New Testament writing in a nutshell.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Jews keep the Sabbath?, ... which one(s)?. was not Cornelius, a gentile, and saved?, yes, and was it not foretold in the OT by God himself? yes. let the Bible ... God Holy Word Speak.

Acts 10:1 "There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
Acts 10:2 "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Acts 10:3 "He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

a memorial? what do memorial here means? let's see, G3422 μνημόσυνον mnemosunon (mnee-mo-s '-non) n.
a reminder (memorandum), i.e. record.
[from G3421]
KJV: memorial
Root(s): G3421

where have we seen this at in the OT?, again let the Bible Speak,
Malachi 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name".

a book of what? "remembrance" what do remembrance here means,
it's the Hebrew word, H2146 זִכרוֹן zikrown (zik-rone') n-m.
a memento (or memorable thing, day or writing).
[from H2142]
KJV: memorial, record.
Root(s): H2142

memorial? like in what the angel told Cornelius? let's REFRESH our memory and ...... REMEMBER .

oh that memorial... and in Malachi the very next vers it also said, that thes people that are written in the book are "sons", which are his.

Malachi 3:17 "And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him". a GENTILE as a "son" to GOD almighty? say what!. yes, and they are written in a Book. otherwise there is no forgetfulness in God, what you say!. .... (smile).

wait a minute, hold it, let's recap. are you telling me by being cleansed, Cornelius a Gentile was written in the book of LIFE. hold it was not the Jews "ceremonially" cleansed of sin? by divers washing,offering and sacrifices every year. Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it".

one of my sources on this topic of sin and the Sabbath is "The Ceremonial Law", its a good read. Ceremonial Law And Moral Law

but back to what we're saying, a cross reference maybe in order here between Acts 10:4 and Mal 3:16-17, with a reference also to Rev 20:12.

God Sabbath is just all over the bible, especially the NT, the Gospel in a nut shell, .... "the SABBATH".

PICYJAG

Old 09-25-2018, 09:17 AM

1,259 posts, read 296,544 times
Quote:

WHAT??????????

The Sabbath has everything to do with sin. That is when your supposed to rest from YOUR works. And Yours and my works ARE sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or