Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 03:06 PM

1,259 posts, read 559,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That you think that somehow you can change God's ways and laws is absurd.

That is what I keep telling people. YOU are the temple, and YOU DECIDE whether your word is above God's word, apparently, you think you have found a way to change God's laws but you haven't.

You would have to be more specific and tell me what I said that gives you this impression that I "change God's ways".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 03:16 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,848,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
You would have to be more specific and tell me what I said that gives you this impression that I "change God's ways".
Why would you pay any more attention to that than you do when I ask you to explain the importance of your assertion or admit that it is just one of those "foolish arguments" that are "unprofitable and useless?"

Old 09-13-2018, 03:20 PM

22,875 posts, read 10,274,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
As long as you attach Christianity to Judaism I will continue to correct your misunderstandings of the Torah...
Wonder where Richard gets this idea about HWC?

We could ask Richard or any of the people who actually love and keep the ways of God, who know them BECAUSE they love and keep them, who else would we ask concerning the Sabbath other than the people who actually love and keep God's ways?

Christians continuously presenting a false prophet and a traitor to Israel named Jesus who came to turn the children of Israel away from keeping the commandments of God, from keeping the Sabbaths and feasts of their God.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:31 PM

So my comments in thread are of the understanding of the teachings of Christ and the teachings passed down concerning Him.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Wonder where Richard gets this idea about HWC?

We could ask Richard or any of the people who actually love and keep the ways of God, who know them BECAUSE they love and keep them, who else would we ask concerning the Sabbath other than the people who actually love and keep God's ways?

Christians continuously presenting a false prophet and a traitor to Israel named Jesus who came to turn the children of Israel away from keeping the commandments of God, from keeping the Sabbaths and feasts of their God.

BTW, I don't attach Christianity to Judaism. I'm in the Christianity forum trying to reach out to those attempting to understand Christianity and to learn from those that have been given knowledge about Christ and His Teachings.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
So my comments in thread are of the understanding of the teachings of Christ and the teachings passed down concerning Him.
Jesus came walking in Judaism offering the Gentile a betrothal to Judah when they converted to the same religion as Jesus.

What year was it when Christians left the ways of Jesus and the religion of god?

Do you honestly believe what Jesus says here?

Jesus Fulfills the Law
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven

Old 09-13-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Jesus came walking in Judaism offering the Gentile a betrothal to Judah when they converted to the same religion as Jesus.

What year was it when Christians left the ways of Jesus and the religion of god?

Do you honestly believe what Jesus says here?

Jesus Fulfills the Law
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven

I believe that Jesus came preaching Christianity.

Jesus taught that He made the law replete. When you make some replete you completed it.

Mat 5:17 ThinkG3543 notG3361 thatG3754 I am comeG2064 to destroyG2647 theG3588 law,G3551 orG2228 theG3588 prophets:G4396 I am notG3756 comeG2064 to destroy,G2647 butG235 to fulfil.G4137

Strongs G4137 - to make replete.

Jesus was crucified by the Jews at the hands of the Romans.

He made the law replete and abolished the letter of the Law which led to death.

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Hopefully we can get this thread back on the topic or something tell me why we need this discourse.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
BTW, I don't attach Christianity to Judaism. I'm in the Christianity forum trying to reach out to those attempting to understand Christianity and to learn from those that have been given knowledge about Christ and His Teachings.
I am in the same religion as Jesus and there is no question of that, I am in the same religion as Paul and there is no question of that. Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, the plan was never to come fighting against God and his religion to institute lawlessness and paganism but that is what the majority believe.

Acts 21, since you wont agree with what Jesus said, let's see if you agree with Paul.

Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem
17And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 20And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Paul Seized in the Temple
27And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him, 28Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

So was Paul a two faced liar and completely different from those myriads of Jews who believed in Christ who became even more zealous to keep Judaism?

Which is it?

I guess Paul honestly deserved to be killed, and then he sacrifices and goes out of his way to PRETEND that he never taught Jews to forsake Moses?

Why does your religion contradict both Jesus and Paul?

Both Jesus and Paul walked in Judaism, and Paul had to go out of his way to prove that he never left Judaism.

You give me the words of a two faced liar from Ephesians, and you want me to take that as some kind of prove that your word is above the word of God?

Explain how come Paul was such a frightened little liar who would do anything to save his own skin, that he would submit to the priests of Judaism to put his life in their hands, that how you think you can quote Paul and me take him seriously after you show him to be a two faced cowardly liar who would do anything to save his own life. Then explain how come those myriads of Jewish believers stayed in Judaism. Then explain why a council was formed to see if Gentiles should keep every littler thing that Jews kept in Judaism?

If a council was formed to see if the Gentile should walk in Judaism as the Jew continued to walk in Judaism, HOW are they not in Judaism?

WHEN exactly did Jesus or Paul come teaching people to keep Babylonian pagan ways instead of the ways of Judaism?

It just magically happened at some point?

When?

Old 09-13-2018, 04:13 PM

4,684 posts, read 6,093,269 times
Quote:
I believe that Jesus came preaching Christianity.

Jesus taught that He made the law replete. When you make some replete you completed it.

Mat 5:17 ThinkG3543 notG3361 thatG3754 I am comeG2064 to destroyG2647 theG3588 law,G3551 orG2228 theG3588 prophets:G4396 I am notG3756 comeG2064 to destroy,G2647 butG235 to fulfil.G4137

Strongs G4137 - to make replete.

Jesus was crucified by the Jews at the hands of the Romans.

He made the law replete and abolished the letter of the Law which led to death.

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Hopefully we can get this thread back on the topic or something tell me why we need this discourse.

You do realize if Jesus canceled out the law, then there is nothing to define sin and we can pretty much do as we please, since sin is defined as transgression of the same law you claim was repleted.

There was no such thing as Christianity when Jesus walked the earth and Paul, as it was pretty much Messianic Jews during Paul's time, that al kept the Sabbath, Feast Days and Dietary Laws.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I am in the same religion as Jesus and there is no question of that, I am in the same religion as Paul and there is no question of that. Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, the plan was never to come fighting against God and his religion to institute lawlessness and paganism but that is what the majority believe.

Acts 21, since you wont agree with what Jesus said, let's see if you agree with Paul.

Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem
17And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 20And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Paul Seized in the Temple
27And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him, 28Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

So was Paul a two faced liar and completely different from those myriads of Jews who believed in Christ who became even more zealous to keep Judaism?

Which is it?

I guess Paul honestly deserved to be killed, and then he sacrifices and goes out of his way to PRETEND that he never taught Jews to forsake Moses?

Why does your religion contradict both Jesus and Paul?

Both Jesus and Paul walked in Judaism, and Paul had to go out of his way to prove that he never left Judaism.

You give me the words of a two faced liar from Ephesians, and you want me to take that as some kind of prove that your word is above the word of God?

Explain how come Paul was such a frightened little liar who would do anything to save his own skin, that he would submit to the priests of Judaism to put his life in their hands, that how you think you can quote Paul and me take him seriously after you show him to be a two faced cowardly liar who would do anything to save his own life. Then explain how come those myriads of Jewish believers stayed in Judaism. Then explain why a council was formed to see if Gentiles should keep every littler thing that Jews kept in Judaism?

If a council was formed to see if the Gentile should walk in Judaism as the Jew continued to walk in Judaism, HOW are they not in Judaism?

WHEN exactly did Jesus or Paul come teaching people to keep Babylonian pagan ways instead of the ways of Judaism?

It just magically happened at some point?

When?

Your saying things about me that are not True. I do agree with the Teachings of Jesus AND Paul. They were in agreement. Paul would then remain in the ways of the circumcised to gain the circumcised since there were those that were zealous of the law.

I showed you that the verse says to make "replete". I showed you that the ordinances were done away with.

There is a distinction between the LAW and the Letter of the Law. All of the Apostles and Christ lived the Law but not the letter of the law contained in the ordinances.

1Co 9:19 for being free from all men, to all men I made myself servant, that the more I might gain;
1Co 9:20 and I became to the Jews as a Jew, that Jews I might gain; to those under law as under law, that those under law I might gain;
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity