U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 05:37 PM

3,431 posts, read 1,257,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Of course i feel aweful for those caught in it.

And why I was praying instead of just griping and whining incessantly about those who were praying..

.. But you missed the point because of the storm normal humanities daily average. " death/ murder/kill/ drug suicide , drug deals and gang banging etc etc etc .. " rate ceased because people were running for their lives? ."
so how many were actually "saved" from their own humanity? Saved because death murder kill , drug deals and drug suicides , gang banging etc etc etc .. and Such didn't occur there during that storm?
You seem to be missing the point that the deaths that have occurred, and the count is up to 20 the last I looked, are directly attributed to the storm. But my real point is that the "shield" of protection that Pat Robertson declared over the Carolinas is just a foolish pronouncement made by a senile old man. I would say that anyone who stayed in their home because of Pat Robertson and died as a result, that death can be attributed to Pat Robertson. But honestly, if anyone died because they believed in Pat Robertson, then the real cause of death is their own stupidity. It's nature's way of thinning the herd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 09:41 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
You seem to be missing the point that the deaths that have occurred, and the count is up to 20 the last I looked, are directly attributed to the storm. But my real point is that the "shield" of protection that Pat Robertson declared over the Carolinas is just a foolish pronouncement made by a senile old man. I would say that anyone who stayed in their home because of Pat Robertson and died as a result, that death can be attributed to Pat Robertson. But honestly, if anyone died because they believed in Pat Robertson, then the real cause of death is their own stupidity. It's nature's way of thinning the herd.
and so does sex drugs( under and over the counter ) and rock and roll and every kind of illicit behavior madkind can do to themselves and force on others.. ! but you won't be talking about that will you! all that , that wasn't happening because of that storm.. and the simple fact that NO college .. liberal of conservative/ WILL EVER do a study as to how many were saved from themselves / because of a storm / a judgment like that !
you only will fret and fear over the old ladies and old men who are praying instead.. !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-18-2018 at 09:54 AM..

Old 09-18-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
and so does sex drugs( under and over the counter ) and rock and roll and every kind of illicit behavior madkind can do to themselves and force on others.. ! but you won't be talking about that will you! all that , that wasn't happening because of that storm.. and the simple fact that NO college .. liberal of conservative/ WILL EVER do a study as to how many were saved from themselves / because of a storm / a judgment like that !
you only will fret and fear over the old ladies and old men who are praying instead.. !
Priest on Fox News says baby who died in Hurricane Florence was part of ‘god’s purpose’
By Dan Broadbent | September 17, 2018 | Category Religion
We’re just now beginning to see the destruction left behind by Hurricane Florence. Despite Pat Robertson’s shield of protection spell, the eye of the storm made landfall last Friday, yet parts of the Carolinas are still being drenched with rain, with some areas expecting upwards of fifteen more inches. And to add insult to injury, all the rain that’s falling inland has one direction to go: out towards the already flooded coastline. And tragically, as of this writing, the storm has killed 23 people and left hundreds of thousands of people still unable to return to their homes. The death toll includes a mother and an infant who were killed when a tree fell onto their house.
https://ascienceenthusiast.com/pries...-gods-purpose/

Old 09-18-2018, 10:31 AM

3,652 posts, read 1,135,784 times
Quote:
Priest on Fox News says baby who died in Hurricane Florence was part of ‘god’s purpose’
By Dan Broadbent | September 17, 2018 | Category Religion
We’re just now beginning to see the destruction left behind by Hurricane Florence. Despite Pat Robertson’s shield of protection spell, the eye of the storm made landfall last Friday, yet parts of the Carolinas are still being drenched with rain, with some areas expecting upwards of fifteen more inches. And to add insult to injury, all the rain that’s falling inland has one direction to go: out towards the already flooded coastline. And tragically, as of this writing, the storm has killed 23 people and left hundreds of thousands of people still unable to return to their homes. The death toll includes a mother and an infant who were killed when a tree fell onto their house.
https://ascienceenthusiast.com/pries...-gods-purpose/
So god killed all the people it wanted to with this round of teaching a lesson?

Old 09-18-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So god killed all the people it wanted to with this round of teaching a lesson?
Apparently God wanted to teach the Bible belt a lesson, so He sent them a hurricane. Meanwhile, San Francisco is experiencing beautifully warm sunny days.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Apparently God wanted to teach the Bible belt a lesson, so He sent them a hurricane. Meanwhile, San Francisco is experiencing beautifully warm sunny days.
boy is that hypocrisy and blantant rebellion or what?
dang even shakin your finger in God's face.. and with a challenge even..
seems even the liberal knows where the strongs hold of sin debauchery exists and where it is so well rooted , yep...

funny you should bring up just how peaceful the west coast is now.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
boy is that hypocrisy and blantant rebellion or what?
dang even shakin your finger in God's face.. and with a challenge even..
seems even the liberal knows where the strongs hold of sin debauchery exists and where it is so well rooted , yep...

funny you should bring up just how peaceful the west coast is now.
I suppose it's fair to say that I have been shaking my finger in God's face for most of my life. God has had 70 years to do something about it.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:03 PM

3,652 posts, read 1,135,784 times
Quote:

Old 09-18-2018, 03:59 PM

NO I believe the judgment of nations starts with his churches! and you have gotten to mock them all this time.
and after them are then the areas he plans to protect. Because his family/ His body of believers is there in those areas
Areas who are filled with those people who learned to humble themselves and pray and take care of their neighbors and share their goods and food and just take care of each other. To those That was able to LOVE
And those who can take that hard event and learn and take those opportunity to take care of and love their neighbors as they love themselves.
it was no accident that that storm hit during the days of Awe and "the book of life" and "death" are opened Before each Tabernacles for a reason. a tabernacle is where you will be taken to be protected..
and the humble and loving will be entered into the book of life.. because they Love God and their neighbors..

so SF hasn't been under any judgement hum? .. not like other areas of CA with their fires and the east coast with their floods . hum?
I just find it is interesting that is all.

I don't think it would be wise to gloat quite yet though..

Old 09-18-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
NO I believe the judgment of nations starts with his churches! and you have gotten to mock them all this time.
and after them are then the areas he plans to protect. Because his family/ His body of believers is there in those areas
Areas who are filled with those people who learned to humble themselves and pray and take care of their neighbors and share their goods and food and just take care of each other. To those That was able to LOVE
And those who can take that hard event and learn and take those opportunity to take care of and love their neighbors as they love themselves.
it was no accident that that storm hit during the days of Awe and "the book of life" and "death" are opened Before each Tabernacles for a reason. a tabernacle is where you will be taken to be protected..
and the humble and loving will be entered into the book of life.. because they Love God and their neighbors..

so SF hasn't been under any judgement hum? .. not like other areas of CA with their fires and the east coast with their floods . hum?
I just find it is interesting that is all.

I don't think it would be wise to gloat quite yet though..
San Francisco is not on fire. It has nice sea breezes to keep the air quality good. God must love San Francisco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4K5mX7jgk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity