U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2018, 04:13 AM
Status: "be angry and sin not!" (set 7 days ago)
 
4,697 posts, read 1,222,674 times
Reputation: 244

Advertisements

ps God's judgments are not for punishment. His wrath is for punishment ..

His judgments they are for training in righteousness and holiness.
the fact that SF has had no training in righteousness when the rest of the world is being trained ...

well it just should make the wise go HUMMMMMM??????

I bet until it happened the people in Sodom and Gomorrah felt really safe! Maybe that is why they going to try rape the angels! because of they
felt so safe and protected behind their big walls, or maybe perfect weather but something made them feeeeeeel safe ... and so It seems they thought they too could get by with all that stuff they were doing that was that kind of wrong that could only get fixed by the Wrath of God. and the only three "righteous " " saved" that day went and had incest with each other. yes that is how bad it really was " in spite of the liars who try and tell us differently about that reason for the wrath of that place..
NO one is talking about Father God's the wrath yet .. but it will come to a theater near us all one day . AS it is written... ON day like no other day that has ever been or will be again. which is bad for all those who feel the safest I bet..
because the ones who don't feel safe, well probably their praying.. and He has kept them humble and praying and repentant and Not feeling so safe ,maybe as a gift to their souls..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-19-2018 at 04:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2018, 07:52 AM
 
10,660 posts, read 2,720,219 times
Reputation: 7204
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
ps God's judgments are not for punishment. His wrath is for punishment ..

His judgments they are for training in righteousness and holiness.
the fact that SF has had no training in righteousness when the rest of the world is being trained ...

well it just should make the wise go HUMMMMMM??????

I bet until it happened the people in Sodom and Gomorrah felt really safe! Maybe that is why they going to try rape the angels! because of they
felt so safe and protected behind their big walls, or maybe perfect weather but something made them feeeeeeel safe ... and so It seems they thought they too could get by with all that stuff they were doing that was that kind of wrong that could only get fixed by the Wrath of God. and the only three "righteous " " saved" that day went and had incest with each other. yes that is how bad it really was " in spite of the liars who try and tell us differently about that reason for the wrath of that place..
NO one is talking about Father God's the wrath yet .. but it will come to a theater near us all one day . AS it is written... ON day like no other day that has ever been or will be again. which is bad for all those who feel the safest I bet..
because the ones who don't feel safe, well probably their praying.. and He has kept them humble and praying and repentant and Not feeling so safe ,maybe as a gift to their souls..
I always thought it would be interesting to know how long the people of Sodom and Gomorrah lived like this...before God decided enough was enough. Was it 20 yrs, 50 yrs, 100?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 10:42 AM
 
Location: USA
3,437 posts, read 1,259,894 times
Reputation: 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
ps God's judgments are not for punishment. His wrath is for punishment ..

His judgments they are for training in righteousness and holiness.
the fact that SF has had no training in righteousness when the rest of the world is being trained ...

well it just should make the wise go HUMMMMMM??????

I bet until it happened the people in Sodom and Gomorrah felt really safe! Maybe that is why they going to try rape the angels! because of they
felt so safe and protected behind their big walls, or maybe perfect weather but something made them feeeeeeel safe ... and so It seems they thought they too could get by with all that stuff they were doing that was that kind of wrong that could only get fixed by the Wrath of God. and the only three "righteous " " saved" that day went and had incest with each other. yes that is how bad it really was " in spite of the liars who try and tell us differently about that reason for the wrath of that place..
NO one is talking about Father God's the wrath yet .. but it will come to a theater near us all one day . AS it is written... ON day like no other day that has ever been or will be again. which is bad for all those who feel the safest I bet..
because the ones who don't feel safe, well probably their praying.. and He has kept them humble and praying and repentant and Not feeling so safe ,maybe as a gift to their souls..
God just finished gut punching the Carolina's, the heart of the Bible belt. What was their crime? Good question. One might make the case that God sent the hurricane to purposely made a fool of Pat Robertson I suppose.

Which puts to mind the story of Job. Was God punishing Job? Nope! God took everything from Job just to prove a point to Satan. Because "God's judgments are not for punishment." God abused Job because Job was God's most faithful servant. God used Job as a training exercise. Apparently Florence was also just a training exercise. Like when God turns tornadoes loose on Oklahoma. I hope those people appreciate the wonderful training lessons God is giving them. Because it seems to me that the lesson in the story of Job is, don't be TOO faithful.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 03:02 PM
 
603 posts, read 356,697 times
Reputation: 409
Question Question about Christian Prayers stopping a Hurricane

In recent memory there was Hurricane Florence. Then following on its heels comes Hurricane Michael. It reminds me that a number of years ago a Hurricane was averted as a result of Prayers done by the Christian group the 700 Club. That's right, it was Prayers that stopped a Hurricane! So my question is-- why did the prayers by the 700 Club work effectively against a Hurricane but not nowadays? And do you believe that the Prayers of the 700 Club actually staved off a Hurricane?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 03:17 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,108,153 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
In recent memory there was Hurricane Florence. Then following on its heels comes Hurricane Michael. It reminds me that a number of years ago a Hurricane was averted as a result of Prayers done by the Christian group the 700 Club. That's right, it was Prayers that stopped a Hurricane! So my question is-- why did the prayers by the 700 Club work effectively against a Hurricane but not nowadays? And do you believe that the Prayers of the 700 Club actually staved off a Hurricane?
fairly sure the 700 hundred club embarrassed alot of fellow believers. That is If you are referring to that robertson person.

Michael has already run its course inland starting yesterday.
So why ask about it now?

Pray that people will have their needs taken care of. especially those without homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,539,744 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
fairly sure the 700 hundred club embarrassed alot of fellow believers. That is If you are referring to that robertson person.

Michael has already run its course inland starting yesterday.
So why ask about it now?

Pray that people will have their needs taken care of. especially those without homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 03:23 PM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
11,194 posts, read 11,006,323 times
Reputation: 7421
The previous 3 posts were merged into this thread because they are a continuation of the same topic. The only thing new is a new hurricane.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 05:46 PM
 
3,661 posts, read 1,139,616 times
Reputation: 706
Did yahweh/jesus/ghost kill enough people to teach them a lesson with THIS storm?

Or will there be more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 PM
 
8,950 posts, read 2,774,732 times
Reputation: 5465
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I always thought it would be interesting to know how long the people of Sodom and Gomorrah lived like this...before God decided enough was enough. Was it 20 yrs, 50 yrs, 100?
So God had a problem with Sodom and Gomorrah, but no problem at all with Lot sleeping with his daughters. Guess incest was okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 09:08 PM
 
20,421 posts, read 9,837,567 times
Reputation: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So God had a problem with Sodom and Gomorrah, but no problem at all with Lot sleeping with his daughters. Guess incest was okay.
He was also a drunkard who offered his daughters to the serial rapists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top