U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 04:13 AM

3,688 posts, read 1,144,457 times

Advertisements

^^^^
KaBOOM

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 04:35 AM

19,842 posts, read 19,937,680 times
Default Pat Robertson Protects against hurricane

Pat Robertson Establishes A 'Shield Of Protection' Against Hurricane Florence

Well, it is downgraded. Whadda ya' think?

I know this is late and adds nothing but it was moved from another forum. Sorry about that.

Last edited by old_cold; 09-13-2018 at 05:35 AM..

Old 09-13-2018, 07:20 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,225,047 times
Robertson isn't the only one praying, and it was downgraded for all , so equal safety , equal .. even for the mockers and the haters ..for now.. so the fools can for now continue in their foolishness.
the rest of his people will continue to play Seek and Find, ask and it is done . Obey.. then command and it happens... baby games with him..

Rev 22:11

Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile;

let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy.”

Old 09-13-2018, 10:00 AM

14,431 posts, read 7,942,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Pat Robertson Establishes A 'Shield Of Protection' Against Hurricane Florence

Well, it is downgraded. Whadda ya' think?

I know this is late and adds nothing but it was moved from another forum. Sorry about that.

I think Pat Robertson and all of his ardent supporters should go on the beach in the path of the downgraded hurricane and pray for it to stop and go away. If that happens, I will no longer be an atheist. Hurricanes can become weaker without prayer. Taking credit for one losing strength because of prayer is like Trump taking credit for a good economy that started long before he was in office.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:22 AM

11,188 posts, read 2,777,733 times
Default Pray to decrease force of hurricanes?

I listened to George Noory on Coast to Coast AM and a caller suggested listeners pray to make Hurricane Florence less dangerous. I'd heard some Christians/Evangelicals were doing that, so I figured, why not? It would be an interesting experiment. I know Noory had made it rain a few years back, possibly more than once in difference drought stricken areas, when he asked his listeners to pray for rain. In one case it flooded!

I woke up this morning to hear Florence which had been predicted to strengthen, had actually weakened to a Category 2!

So keep praying that it totally fizzles out!

Old 09-13-2018, 10:27 AM

19,842 posts, read 19,937,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think Pat Robertson and all of his ardent supporters should go on the beach in the path of the downgraded hurricane and pray for it to stop and go away. If that happens, I will no longer be an atheist. Hurricanes can become weaker without prayer. Taking credit for one losing strength because of prayer is like Trump taking credit for a good economy that started long before he was in office.
But you wanna bet he and those that prayed with him will take credit for it?
Actually, I don't care what forces weakened it, I'm glad they did but he should have asked for less "water" , too

Old 09-13-2018, 10:28 AM

9,470 posts, read 12,326,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I don't care if you pray to keep a hurricane at bay. I do care if you take money from orphans and widows and pretend to do magic to deceive them into giving you money.
Okay then I'm off the hook.....

Old 09-13-2018, 10:37 AM

10,722 posts, read 2,738,195 times
The bible warns about times when good is viewed as evil and evil is viewed as good...shouldnt be a big surprise to actually see that happening.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:38 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,153,937 times
The weirdest thing here is that people are paying attention to Robertson, keeping up with his activities, actively thinking and talking about him.

The guy is a waste of time, and not worthy of attention. But you clowns are facilitating him and supporting him with your attention. You're part of the problem in keeping him a household name. He thrives on attention, and without it, would fade away into obscurity.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:27 AM

2,270 posts, read 883,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I listened to George Noory on Coast to Coast AM and a caller suggested listeners pray to make Hurricane Florence less dangerous. I'd heard some Christians/Evangelicals were doing that, so I figured, why not? It would be an interesting experiment. I know Noory had made it rain a few years back, possibly more than once in difference drought stricken areas, when he asked his listeners to pray for rain. In one case it flooded!

I woke up this morning to hear Florence which had been predicted to strengthen, had actually weakened to a Category 2!

So keep praying that it totally fizzles out!
There are millions of people in the paths of major hurricanes that make landfall. Thus, it is abundantly obvious that as those hurricanes are approaching, there are many people (by definition, even a small percentage of millions still qualifies as 'many') praying that they dissipate, turn back out to sea, whatever.

Let me guess...

When a hurricane does weaken, or turn, it's proof that prayer works!

And when a hurricane gets stronger, or swerves toward land when it otherwise appeared that it would not make landfall, that totally doesn't count and isn't evidence of anything... right?

Same with droughts. Do you really think that this radio clown was the first person to pray for rain during said drought? Obviously, some stricken farmers were praying, because invariably, some subset of them would be pious Christians who believe in the efficacy of prayer. And since all droughts end sometime, it is inevitable that whenever any drought ends anywhere, some people were praying for it to end - just as it's inevitable that whenever any drought persists anywhere, some people were praying for it to end.

You don't appear to really understand the concept of the scientific term 'experiment'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity