Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 03:29 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,697,922 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here think Pat Robertson can steer hurricanes or pray away a storm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRP193-6Zak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 06:34 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,458,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
[color="Navy"]Does anyone here think Pat Robertson can steer hurricanes or pray away a storm?
Let the man pray. He never claimed he can steer hurricanes.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:11 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,926,166 times
For anyone to claim to be a Christian and to doubt that God can answer prayer to move mountains is shameful and harmful to Jesus' cause.

Mark 11
[22] And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
[23] For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:31 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,588,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
For anyone to claim to be a Christian and to doubt that God can answer prayer to move mountains is shameful and harmful to Jesus' cause.
Have any xians prayed to move a mountain and it has happened?

How about praying my foreskin, that was removed as a sacrifice to your god against my free will, to be restored to its factory settings?

Not as grand as a mountain...

Old 09-12-2018, 08:09 AM

4,684 posts, read 6,107,628 times
If 3 cities are praying to the Hurricane not to hit them and it dodged one city and wipes out he next, did the other city not pray hard enough why they were wiped out by the hurricane instead?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:38 AM

10,500 posts, read 6,975,246 times
Pat Robertson is a charlatan, and the people who tune in and send him cash are sad and pathetic dupes.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:05 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,588,940 times
Im looking forward to all the god worshipers praising god for sparing them the carnage it sent.

And this gem

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0LP3Zs_V_BQ

Old 09-12-2018, 10:24 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

Mark 11
[22] And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
[23] For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
one of the first lessons of faith he taught me was how to steer the wind. it just so happens I am a north or maybe west wind by ancient laws.. .. actually, I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO REPENT WHEN I FORGET TO PRAY FIRST. BECAUSE " SHE DID NOT INQUIRE OF HER GOD FIRST" with me when I forget to pray during bad storms and instead decide to freak out or hide my head .. in my area there is tornados.. .. so I agree with you. it is some of his gifts He gives , those "gifts of faith"ARE in our tool box so that we learn to do the works of the Father.
GOD gives good gifts to mankind!
one of them is to answer our prayers for safety and protection of course.
and His creation works with him. HE IS THE GOD OF CREATION .. if we can't move the winds, we won't move mountains.. we are told to not despise small beginnings.. that could include wind instead of mountains..
that is why Peter could even walk a few steps on the water.
so yes what you say is true.
I have issues with the commanding of things. and he keeps pushing me to make commands and not just ask..
as if there is someplace an issue of faith at the heart level.. as he tells Ezekiel ... prophesy to the bones.. .. ezekiel has to do it as a command. as he says there in that verse " TELL/ say to the mountain to move" .....and it will move ...
so that is a very difficult place for me to command a thing.
but he is working on my level of faith and thus he is changing my legal rights in my eyes to match those rights in his eyes.. . thus repentance is required on MY Part, and Not his... as to change my mind and to come into agreement with his mind about my rights as a child of God.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-12-2018 at 10:46 AM..

Old 09-12-2018, 10:25 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,697,922 times
My point is not that we should not pray, but we should not pray for ridiculous things and of course Pat Robertson is a charlatan who has been more than happy to take money from widows and orphans and people in desperation about terminal illnesses. He's such a fraud, yet two of the top fundies came right to his defense. Is anyone surprised?

I do not understand those who pray great prayers on TV i.e. the "AIR WAVES" (recall the prince of the power of the air is satan) Satan has great access to communicate widely due to being the prince of the power of the air. Never trust a man who tells you to touch your hand to a T.V. screen! Good grief.

from Matthew Chapter 6 -

1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:58 AM

1,259 posts, read 560,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Does anyone here think Pat Robertson can steer hurricanes or pray away a storm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRP193-6Zak

God created the Hurricane and sets its course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity