U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 10:13 PM

939 posts, read 144,061 times

Advertisements

Jesus says His sheep / followers know Him the same way He knows the Father and the Father knows Him. And this is the same way He knows the sheep.

If the sheep are to abide in His word, God's word, then we can assume it is about the words because Jesus said He can do nothing on His own. He judged as He heard. He said the Father commanded Him what to say.

Again it is written that the son only does what he sees the Father doing so this is how He knows His sheep and how they know Him.

Those who use God's word as Jesus was commanded and as the prophets before Him were commanded are the sheep who know Him.

Scripture reference;

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father.

John 8:31
If you abide in my word you are truly my disciple

John 12:49 (NKJV) For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

"My brothers, mother and sisters do the will of my heavenly Father,they hear the word of God and do it. "

"As the Father sent me ,so I send you."

Can you dig it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 03:08 AM

8,102 posts, read 7,071,630 times
The lead in the spirit , where the Lord will lead His followers in the ministers, and even on their employment where they will be one step in the know which is a bonus , as lead in prayer , and in teaching others , and many other gifts of His spirit

Old 09-14-2018, 09:36 AM

939 posts, read 144,061 times
Notice the Spirit of truth does not speak on His own but also speaks what He hears just as Jesus did. Speaking what He hears is speaking the truth, God's word, because Jesus said the Spirit of truth would guide the believer to all truth by taking from what is His and declaring it.

So the Holy Spirit really is someone who teaches like Jesus. Since the believer is sent just like Jesus, then the sheep, the believer,is the Holy Spirit. Jesus also said His followers would be one just as He and The Father are one. So the Holy Spirit is more than one person. He could be an infinite of depending on the future.

"The advocate, the Holy Spirit , whom the Father will send in my name, He will instruct you in everything and remind you of all that I told you."

" When he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on His own but will speak what He hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.
"

Old 09-14-2018, 09:43 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,219,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus says His sheep / followers know Him the same way He knows the Father and the Father knows Him. And this is the same way He knows the sheep.

If the sheep are to abide in His word, God's word, then we can assume it is about the words because Jesus said He can do nothing on His own. He judged as He heard. He said the Father commanded Him what to say.

Again it is written that the son only does what he sees the Father doing so this is how He knows His sheep and how they know Him.

Those who use God's word as Jesus was commanded and as the prophets before Him were commanded are the sheep who know Him.

Scripture reference;

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father.

John 12:49 (NKJV) For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

"My brothers, mother and sisters do the will of my heavenly Father,they hear the word of God and do it. "

Can you dig it!
AMen!!! yes I am diggin it.!

Old 09-14-2018, 02:06 PM

20,378 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Where the water tastes like wine ... I can dig it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKdsRWhyH30

Old 09-15-2018, 10:05 PM

14,799 posts, read 4,966,211 times
Quote:

Scripture reference;

Can you dig it!
As I have recieved from my father, I will also give unto thee, and it will be said of thee, '' This is my son in whom I am well pleased, and he shall rule all the nations upon an Earth as his enemies and the nations of the world will be set at his feet as I recieved from me father, I will give my son the promises spoken to me from my father.

An Earth will be designed for you, but you have to be willing to go down to an Earth and die.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:05 AM

3,652 posts, read 1,134,406 times
Quote:

Scripture reference;

Can you dig it!

Old 09-16-2018, 08:09 AM

2,304 posts, read 625,272 times
Those in the body of Christ are no longer referred to as sheep........

Old 09-16-2018, 09:15 AM

25,802 posts, read 13,408,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Those in the body of Christ are no longer referred to as sheep........

They then become lunch.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:37 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,169,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
They then become lunch.
oh. You and Jesus have the same sense of humor. They called him a lamb and he started talking about being a meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or