Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 02:51 PM

435 posts, read 250,296 times

Advertisements

Even in this life people get 2nd chances. Not only that, but 10th, 100th, 1,000th, etc.

Even - apostates - (1 Tim.1:19-20) were being given another chance:

19 holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith.
20 Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme.

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?
22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!

Luke 17:4
Even if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times returns to say, 'I repent,' you must forgive him."

Love covers a - multitude - of sins.

***Above all***, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

"Mercy triumphs over judgement" - Love Omnipotent (God)

You cannot sin beyond the ability of God's grace to save you:

"where sin increased, grace abounded all the more"

"I tell you, her sins--and they are many--have been forgiven"

If you want to know how much God loves you, look to the incarnation, life, sufferings, and crucifixion of Christ. His love & power for you are greater than the size of the universe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwmT_Sskaek

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/un...versalism.html

http://www.tentmaker.org/ScholarsCorner.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 03:09 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Truth be told, if we were given a 2nd chance, we'd screw that up, too.

Jesus died on the cross to save anyone that trusts in him.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Truth be told, if we were given a 2nd chance, we'd screw that up, too.

Jesus died on the cross to save anyone that trusts in him.
So you only get one chance to trust in him????? Blow it and you are done for?????

Old 09-07-2018, 03:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Clement, I agree. (There was no question to discuss...so that's all I'll say...
it was a declaration...and I agree.)

Old 09-07-2018, 03:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
So you only get one chance to trust in him????? Blow it and you are done for?????
Then don't.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:14 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Anyone who believes in eternal torment has already missed the mark.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:24 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
There is no second chance after death , but Jesus is worthy enough to save people again when they still live in the earth ...... See all people who blaspheme Holy spirit are people not saved , as Jesus does save people who blaspheme Holy Spirit when they repent , as Jesus is worthy , but God cannot save people who ignored God after they pass because the Holy Angels of God would of took their souls and spirit to the place already prepared by God with out any protection by Holy Spirit

Old 09-08-2018, 03:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Anyone who believes in eternal torment has already missed the mark.
And built their salvation on escaping it instead of the way of Jesus Christ. He is the way and there is no other way under heaven whereby a man can live the kingdom life but by him.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:04 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
F.L. tends to be a mite slow, actually larger than a mite! However: I was unaware that our Father has placed His great plan in a heavenly gambling parlor of chance, or a win the lottery.

There is no first chance, there is no second chance, there is no third chance, there is NO CHANCE! NONE!

Old 09-08-2018, 07:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
F.L. tends to be a mite slow, actually larger than a mite! However: I was unaware that our Father has placed His great plan in a heavenly gambling parlor of chance, or a win the lottery.

There is no first chance, there is no second chance, there is no third chance, there is NO CHANCE! NONE!
The great plan of God is within all, unfortunately many of don't discover it, many do but don't take hold of it and only a few do.That plan is to know how ourselves as he knows us. God did not leave anything to chance, he's not a gambler he's an investor and that investment reaps dividends everytime, if it takes a fundamentalist eternity to so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity