U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 12:26 AM

2,613 posts, read 756,360 times

Advertisements

I am currently listening to this audio-book. It's magnificent. I highly recommend it for those who question the reality of life after death.

Proof of Heaven

A Harvard-trained neurosurgeon's minute-by-minute account of his own near-death experience - and what he discovered in the heavenly realm beyond life.

On November 10, 2008, Dr. Eben Alexander was driven into coma by a disease so lethal that only 1 in 10,000,000 survive. Seven days later, he awakened with memories of a fantastic odyssey deep into another realm that were more real than this earthly one - memories that included meeting a deceased birth sister he had never known existed.

Dr. Alexander deployed all his knowledge as a scientist to find out whether his mind could have played a trick on him. In its shutdown state, there was no way it could have functioned at all. That left only one conclusion: that we are conscious in spite of our brains - that, in fact, consciousness is at the root of all existence.

The evidence supporting Dr. Alexander's experience transformed him into a believer in God's unconditional love and brought reconciliation to his family - and will upend our ideas about human consciousness and spirituality.

proof of heaven a neurosurgeons journey into the afterlife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 02:00 AM

PROOF OF HEAVEN - LINK
https://www.amazon.com/Proof-Heaven-...roof+of+Heaven

Old 09-16-2018, 03:24 AM

2,010 posts, read 469,550 times
Dear RainMusic: Behold the author of the book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbkgj5J91hE

Old 09-16-2018, 06:15 AM

58,851 posts, read 32,311,114 times
I read this book several years ago. Not sure if it is believable since the guy is a a bit of a crook (falsifying records etc), and even his story about his illness does not line up with what his doctor says. The doctor says he was hallucinating before he was placed in coma.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Dear RainMusic: There is a common theme among those who have experienced a near death experience (NDE).

https://www.thoughtco.com/common-ele...iences-2594675

Old 09-16-2018, 07:56 AM

Dear RainMusic: You have awakened a sleeping giant in me. This (I think) will be my last post on this subject, but you are surely aware of a terrible record for me on City-Data Christian forums.

The following link is from a man who experienced an aortic aneurysm with dissection. I had one the same year as the Dr., minus the depth of experience, but 6 months of 5 separate operations of 6 months of hospital. It truly was the worst experience of my life & my poor family.

Welcome to aortic aneurysm with dissection & a moving experience of transformation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAnySx2lHC8

Old 09-16-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I read this book several years ago. Not sure if it is believable since the guy is a a bit of a crook (falsifying records etc), and even his story about his illness does not line up with what his doctor says. The doctor says he was hallucinating before he was placed in coma.
Actually, he was having gran mal seizures when he went into the coma that started at home when his wife called the ambulance. He was in a coma for a week.

I'm not asking anyone to believe his story. I believe it, but if others don't, it is not my problem.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the links, Rose2Luv. I don't want this to be a contentious thread. I just wanted to share the book I was listening to on audible and how much I was enjoying listening to him tell his story. He met his biological sister there who he had never met or known on earth since he was adopted.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Thanks for the links, Rose2Luv. I don't want this to be a contentious thread. I just wanted to share the book I was listening to on audible and how much I was enjoying listening to him tell his story. He met his biological sister there who he had never met or known on earth since he was adopted.
Dear Rain: Your post is much appreciated. The scope of our Father's many mansions of dwelling exceeds anything we can ask or think. The best way to attempt to describe our God is in the words "He is like", His voice "is like", His hair "is like": and thus we come to the limitations of any language attempting to present the One who goes beyond all of them.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:55 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,161,459 times
Proof of heaven = Gen 1:1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or