Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 07:10 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Does that person automatically go to hell (christianity-wise)?

True Christians are possessed by the holy spirit, demons can bother but not take over......they die they still go to heaven. Those demon possessed are not believers and end up in hell.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 07:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
True Christians are possessed by the holy spirit, demons can bother but not take over......they die they still go to heaven. Those demon possessed are not believers and end up in hell.......
Mental health problems, and/or mental illness refers to a wide range of cognitive, emotional and/or behavioral disorders, which have nothing to do with being possessed by a fictitious demon of biblical proportion.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:34 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,379 times
A person or someone in their blood line can open the door to demonic activity. I don't know about possession - I think that is probably very rare. But we can certainly give the demonic permission to harass us. Unrepented sin is a big open door. Dealings with the occult gives the demonic permission to affect a person's life. Yes, the demonic is very real.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:45 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
satan attacks every human, whether they obey Jehovah as Jesus showed we should do, (Matt. 7:21), or not. he causes hardships on humans because Jehovah God and Jesus created us. would a God of love ,(1John 4:8), send someone to a fiery place once he had died, just because he suffered hardship during his living days?, no! that would mean he wasn't a God of compassion, justice, and love. satan has some form of control over ALL humans, because we were born through sin. some might say, satan doesn't control me! sad!...a "Christian" for example might say, "I don't lie." yet, while with two friend, he sneaks and taps one on the back. the guy, turn to looks in his direction and asked did you tap me? he says playfully, it wasn't me and points to the other guy, he just lied! to lie is an abomination, satan knows this, he can by trickery control anyone if we don't have that protected armor of God ,(Ephe. 6:11).

all this being said, we really need to do research on how the word "HELL", became to mean a fiery places for the wicked dead, who will "burn forever". Hell is real!... a “hellfire” it isn't! , there's a difference. A “hellfire” was said to be a place God ,Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3) created. faithful men of old knew what HELL really was. (Psa.139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there). David, a faithful servant, prays to God. now if hell is a place where demons resides, God touches nothing unclean. hell would be considered by God unclean, why would God be there? Again why would he let a faithful servant go there? David meant if he falls a sleep in death, Jehovah will still remember him, (as in resurrection). And Since many believe the wicked are tortured, there would be NO sleeping in a fiery place, would there?

see also (Jonah 2:1,2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heard my voice). He didn't mention seeing demons and fire, did he? He thought he would die there, in a since it would have been his grave! "HELL" is basically a covering for the dead, a grave! MANY do not understand what Jesus meant when he said at ,(Matt. 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire). Do you really believe Jesus was saying, if someone calls another “fool”, they will go to a “hellfire”?

one define word for "Raca" means foolish, let's analyze, to call someone foolish means that they're not acting wisely. to be called a fool means the same thing. so why would Jesus say if you call a "Brother", Meaning a fellow Christian,(Raca= Fool), you would ONLY be judged. then say again if you call your brother a fool, you're in danger of a hellfire? first! Jesus was showing those following him suppose to be a spiritual family ,(Mark 3:35). who should show love to each other ,(John 13:34,35). Jesus meant that these negative actions can cause one to lose his life, NOT going to an actual fiery place. 2nd, Jesus who helped in ALL creations, knew that he NOR his Father created any "hellfire". so this leads to the fact ,Jesus might have used the word "HELL." because as scriptures proved "HELL", isn't a fiery place, but NOT the word "HELLFIRE." that word was placed by man, through means of satan. removing the actual word Jesus used.

why?, because satan KNEW many ,even "Christians", would believe, if Jesus said it, then it must be true. a Christian should KNOW satan tricks ,(2Cor. 2:11). also the dead knows NOTHING, (Eccles. 9:5,6), his thoughts are gone ,(Psa. 146:4). now if they were in a "hellfire", and they KNEW IT, then God words would be a lie. because those burning forever would know that they're forever burning! and again God hates lies ,(Pro. 6:16,17). and there NO "SOUL", or ghost of the dead that's in fiery as MANY have said. because the "SOUL", is a living being NOT a dead one ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul). the "HELLFIRE", is a pagan false teaching that those of the Christendom world accepted. there's NO "fiery place. peace

Old 09-18-2018, 10:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Since they weren't a Christian, yes. Christians can't be possessed by a demon because they have the Spirit in them.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:03 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Christians can't be possessed by a demon because they have the Spirit in them.
This "us" only mentality is absurd: The Spirit of life resides within all living creatures, not just Christians.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:04 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Since they weren't a Christian, yes. Christians can't be possessed by a demon because they have the Spirit in them.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:21 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This "us" only mentality is absurd: The Spirit of life resides within all living creatures, not just Christians.
The "us" mentality is what attracts many to that type of thinking, whether it's with religion or something else. I'm special, in the secret club, going to reap benefits that the others won't get--and looking forward with barely-concealed excitement to getting something that others won't get.

Without the "some go to hell and some go to heaven" framework, many of these types would not be attracted to their religion. "There are Us and there are Them" is a strong selling point, and sadly, it takes away from the reality of looking for that which connects us all.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Christians with the indwelling Spirit of Christ, cannot be demon possessed, but Christians can and do have evil spirits in them, which is what sanctification is FOR. Blessings...

Old 09-18-2018, 01:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Christians with the indwelling Spirit of Christ, cannot be demon possessed, but Christians can and do have evil spirits in them, which is what sanctification is FOR. Blessings...

I think what you mean is, some Christians can be complete whackjobs. I heartily agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity