Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:36 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,981,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
god Hates?

Oh yea that’s right.

Genesis 6:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

“Regretted” “Deeply troubles” and hate

you seem to have a vision problem. There is no "hate" in that verse. Also you did not put Hate in quotes like you did the other words. That indicates you stuck in your own, biased OPINION, instead of giving an accurate quote. Shame on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,584,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Esau is a representative characteristic symbolizing the flesh. God did not hate Esau, He hated what he symbolizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
god Hates?

Oh yea that’s right.

Genesis 6:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

“Regretted” “Deeply troubles” and hate
Quote:
you seem to have a vision problem. There is no "hate" in that verse. Also you did not put Hate in quotes like you did the other words. That indicates you stuck in your own, biased OPINION, instead of giving an accurate quote. Shame on you.
It was a comparison.

You said god hates and I quoted your god and it feelings for its human creation it screwed up with.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:34 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,093,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
Here's how a Calvinist "proved" that God doesn't love everyone:

But IMO that looks more like a "proof" of universalism.
Indeed, shows the heart of Calvinism.

Quote:
So we're left with a choice from these possibilities:

1. God was lying about Hell, and no one really goes there.
2. God is fickle. Somewhere along the course of eternity he can, and probably eventually will, change his mind and condemn us.
3. God is weak. He can't do a darned thing about saving some of us.
4. God doesn't love everyone.
Actually its man who was lying about hell, for in the bible hell is simply sheol, the place where the dead go.
The fire and brimstone stuff was added by man (ie. Dante's Inferno) and compounded by misunderstandings of a literal lake of fire.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:06 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,848,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, they insist Christian God is a monster, and you will be told you are not a follower of Christ (which of course is same as saying you are not Christian). Such comments are routine here. The Bible is mocked as being a book written by ignorant savages etc.

Mockers will mock.

"Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
What I find interesting about your posts is that you point out that you don’t like organizations being called cults but did not address the slanderous attack on the Lord. How very cultish of you
What you both consistently ignore and which you have been told many times is that it is not God that is being exposed as monstrous, but various "Christian" perceptions ABOUT God.

You continue to repeat the big lie and we have to continue to point out that you are doing so. Keep it up, dishonesty is a good basis for evaluating.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:54 AM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What you both consistently ignore and which you have been told many times is that it is not God that is being exposed as monstrous, but various "Christian" perceptions ABOUT God.
You continue to repeat the big lie and we have to continue to point out that you are doing so. Keep it up, dishonesty is a good basis for evaluating.
Amen. they pretend they are defending God but they are defending blasphemous misrepresentations of God due to the primitive and barbaric ignorance of our ancestors. If God were actually as described in the OT He would NOT be worthy of worship by any sane person. Fortunately, we Christians have the revelations and demonstration of Jesus about God's True Nature.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:08 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen. they pretend they are defending God but they are defending blasphemous misrepresentations of God due to the primitive and barbaric ignorance of our ancestors. If God were actually as described in the OT He would NOT be worthy of worship by any sane person.
You must be referring to Jews. Not a very nice thing to say, but it to be expected from your 'tribe'.

Why is it ok to insult the God they worship, and suggest they insane to worship him?

This kind of talk is what I call "the universalist love language".

Quote:
Fortunately, we Christians have the revelations and demonstration of Jesus about God's True Nature.
I doubt Jesus would tell you to make comments like that. Someone else must be putting that in your head.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:12 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,848,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You must be referring to Jews. Not a very nice thing to say, but it to be expected from your 'tribe'.

Why is it ok to insult the God they worship, and suggest they insane to worship him?

I doubt Jesus would tell you to make comments like that. Someone else must be putting that in your head.
You must not be familiar with Rabbinical Judaism, which is far different from pre-diaspora Hebrew religion. When is the last time you heard of a Jew making sacrifices?

Old 09-18-2018, 12:18 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You must not be familiar with Rabbinical Judaism, which is far different from pre-diaspora Hebrew religion. When is the last time you heard of a Jew making sacrifices?
I know plenty of Jews. They worship God as described in the OT. The claim here is that you'd have to be insane to do that (such God is not worthy of worship by any sane person - Mystic). Whether or not they do sacrifices does not change the God they worship. Maybe they will start the sacrifices again when the temple is re-built. Time will tell.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-18-2018 at 12:30 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 01:16 PM

435 posts, read 248,479 times
Quote:
Esau is a representative characteristic symbolizing the flesh. God did not hate Esau, He hated what he symbolizes.
What leads you to these conclusions?

Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the LORD’s wrath, until he pleads my case and upholds my cause. He will bring me out into the light;I will see his righteousness. (Micah 7:9)

Isaiah 12:1
Then you will say on that day, "I will give thanks to You, O LORD; For although You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, And You comfort me.

Hosea 6:1
"Come, let us return to the LORD. For He has torn us, but He will heal us; He has wounded us, but He will bandage us.

Isa.57:17 “Because of the iniquity of his unjust gain I was angry and struck him;
I hid My face and was angry, And he went on turning away, in the way of his heart.

18“I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will lead him and restore comfort to him and to his mourners,

Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness." (Isa.26:9b)

1 Cor 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Tim.1:19 holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith. 20 Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme.

Dan.4:33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were g
rown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.
34a But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him...
35 All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And among the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or
say to Him, 'What have You done?'
36 At that time my reason returned to me. And my majesty and splendor were restored to me for the glory of my kingdom, and my counselors and my nobles began seeking me out; so I was reestablished
in my sovereignty, and surpassing greatness was added to me.
37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise, exalt and honor the King of heaven, for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride.

because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment. (Js. 2:13)

Old 09-18-2018, 01:17 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,150,906 times
Gods love is impersonal
If I cross on the red and get hit is it proof god does not love me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity