U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2018, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,083 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Reputation: 10481

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You deliberately ignore that fact that it is the primitive and barbaric DESCRIPTIONS of God that are not worthy of worship NOT the God of Jesus as He revealed and demonstrated unambiguously! You retain the beliefs about God born of the ancient ignorance of our primitive ancestors and reject the Truth revealed by Jesus. How is that following Christ???
No one worships descriptions.

Your words again: "such God is not worthy of worship by any sane person".

Millions of people worship that God.

Own your words!

Its absurd you keep repeating other people reject the message of Christ, given the number of times you have been corrected on the matter. Dishonest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2018, 07:44 PM
 
Location: New England
32,238 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one worships descriptions.

Your words again: "such God is not worthy of worship by any sane person".

Millions of people worship that God.

Own your words!

Its absurd you keep repeating other people reject the message of Christ, given the number of times you have been corrected on the matter. Dishonest!
What is the message of Christ ?. Do you know the difference in believe on him over believe in him, reading your posts i would say not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:53 PM
 
40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You deliberately ignore that fact that it is the primitive and barbaric DESCRIPTIONS of God that are not worthy of worship NOT the God of Jesus as He revealed and demonstrated unambiguously! You retain the beliefs about God born of the ancient ignorance of our primitive ancestors and reject the Truth revealed by Jesus. How is that following Christ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I said nothing about the way they worship God. I said they worship the OT God. You brought up the sacrifices and other irrelevant issues.
My ONLY point is which God they worship (the one which Mystic says is not worthy of worship by any sane person). If you want to talk about something else, you can talk with someone else.
In the other hand, considering the comments you are trying to justify, it is no surprise you'd prefer to change the topic.
There is only ONE God and that God is described by and demonstrated by Jesus, NOT the OT ignorance of our primitive ancestors. As long as you credit those barbaric beliefs about God you are worshiping a false understanding of God. God is God as described by Jesus NOT by the OT beliefs about Him. You have no desire to understand. You want to continue to misrepresent my words to serve your purpose of discrediting my views in the eyes of your fellow Fundies. Your actions are despicable. You worship a God you actually believe ordered the bashing of babies heads on rocks and the gutting of pregnant women with swords. How can you????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in campís head, too." (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
16,365 posts, read 8,905,753 times
Reputation: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is only ONE God and that God is described by and demonstrated by Jesus, NOT the OT ignorance of our primitive ancestors. As long as you credit those barbaric beliefs about God you are worshiping a false understanding of God. God is God as described by Jesus NOT by the OT beliefs about Him. You have no desire to understand. You want to continue to misrepresent my words to serve your purpose of discrediting my views in the eyes of your fellow Fundies. Your actions are despicable. You worship a God you actually believe ordered the bashing of babies heads on rocks and the gutting of pregnant women with swords. How can you????
In reality, you only believe some of the words in red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 09:13 PM
 
20,419 posts, read 9,837,567 times
Reputation: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is only ONE God and that God is described by and demonstrated by Jesus, NOT the OT ignorance of our primitive ancestors. As long as you credit those barbaric beliefs about God you are worshiping a false understanding of God. God is God as described by Jesus NOT by the OT beliefs about Him. You have no desire to understand. You want to continue to misrepresent my words to serve your purpose of discrediting my views in the eyes of your fellow Fundies. Your actions are despicable. You worship a God you actually believe ordered the bashing of babies heads on rocks and the gutting of pregnant women with swords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
In reality, you only believe some of the words in red.
Reality says, "You do not worship a mass murderer."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 PM
 
9,585 posts, read 8,890,950 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
One of the errors of liberalism is that they choose to get away with crimes .... Where God is a just God , which mean Justice , and people go to heaven through the justice of God , where the people turned their life over to Christ and resist sin , where sin is alien to God .................... So people ignore God then they turn their life over to the devil and the sin of the world by default , as Jesus is the redeemer who cleanse people of sin and the works of the devil .................. See Calvinist believe only the chosen by God will be saved , which is error , because this undermine the authority of Jesus Christ , which take the Lord in vain ................... God loves the people who goes into hell , but cannot do anything for these people because they rejected God`s provision for their protection which is Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ , and without God`s protection then the Holy Angels of God have no choice but to take the souls and spirits of people to the other place which is hell ......................See it is Justice that people go to hell
You said god 9 times in one paragraph...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 10:06 PM
 
435 posts, read 117,055 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You worship a God you actually believe ordered the bashing of babies heads on rocks and the gutting of pregnant women with swords. How can you????
Was that God who "ordered", or the Psalmist just expressing his frustration?

As for the other, God ordered the destruction of the enemies of His people. Have you not noticed much worse things every day in the news that Love Omnipotent allows, things He could easily stop if He was so inclined? Does this keep billions, yourself included, perhaps, from believing in & worshiping that God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 10:24 PM
 
40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
Was that God who "ordered", or the Psalmist just expressing his frustration?
As for the other, God ordered the destruction of the enemies of His people. Have you not noticed much worse things every day in the news that Love Omnipotent allows, things He could easily stop if He was so inclined? Does this keep billions, yourself included, perhaps, from believing in & worshiping that God?
I do not believe God ever ordered ANY of the barbarity in the Bible but Sum Tingy and other Fundies DO. They consider everything in the Bible to be the infallible and inerrant truth from the mouth of God which is preposterous. There is no way flawed humans could receive and interpret inspirations flawlessly. The Bible CONTAINS inspirations from God but not everything in it. We have the "mind of Christ" to know what is and what is not from God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 03:45 AM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,139 posts, read 940,442 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do not believe God ever ordered ANY of the barbarity in the Bible but Sum Tingy and other Fundies DO. They consider everything in the Bible to be the infallible and inerrant truth from the mouth of God which is preposterous. There is no way flawed humans could receive and interpret inspirations flawlessly. The Bible CONTAINS inspirations from God but not everything in it. We have the "mind of Christ" to know what is and what is not from God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 04:34 AM
 
Location: Florida
63,083 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Reputation: 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is only ONE God and that God is described by and demonstrated by Jesus, NOT the OT ignorance of our primitive ancestors. As long as you credit those barbaric beliefs about God you are worshiping a false understanding of God. God is God as described by Jesus NOT by the OT beliefs about Him. You have no desire to understand. You want to continue to misrepresent my words to serve your purpose of discrediting my views in the eyes of your fellow Fundies. Your actions are despicable.
Trying to make this about me is a deflection.

Your words have been quoted word for word, so you need to own them as opposed to trying to walk them back with false accusations of misrepresentations. Be a man, and own your words.

Millions of people worship the God you keep insulting, and not only do you insult their God, you also insult them.

Why can't you mind your own business and let Jews and others worship their God.

Are you doing this same thing at the Judaism board? Muslim board? If not, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
You worship a God you actually believe ordered the bashing of babies heads on rocks and the gutting of pregnant women with swords. How can you????
No, I do not believe God ordered it, but then again, I have already explained that to you 8-9 times.

Get honest, and stay honest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top