Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 10:06 PM

1,183 posts, read 531,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have no authority to call any Christian a non-Christian or part of a cult. That is presumptuous and arrogant in the extreme. You assume the status of God when you presume to make such judgments. That is why they are prohibited and sanctioned here.
Actually I do have authority and the right to call all made up religions who call themselves ‘Christians’ cults. That what the definition means. I cannot write that on this board pertaining to a specific group of course. But, that doesn’t mean it is not true. And if we ever met I would it explain it to you as plainly and truthfully as I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 10:27 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
You have no authority to call any Christian a non-Christian or part of a cult. That is presumptuous and arrogant in the extreme. You assume the status of God when you presume to make such judgments. That is why they are prohibited and sanctioned here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Actually I do have authority and the right to call all made up religions who call themselves ‘Christians’ cults. That what the definition means. I cannot write that on this board pertaining to a specific group of course. But, that doesn’t mean it is not true. And if we ever met I would it explain it to you as plainly and truthfully as I can.
And you would still be wrong and extremely presumptuous and arrogant as well as in violation of the forum TOS.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
And you would still be wrong and extremely presumptuous and arrogant as well as in violation of the forum TOS.

I am not wrong.

Truth is not subjective but absolute. Just because you wish something to be true doesn’t make it so... unless you are George Constanza

Old 09-17-2018, 10:33 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
I am not wrong.
Truth is not subjective but absolute. Just because you wish something to be true doesn’t make it so... unless you are George Constanza
Just because you THINK you know the Truth doesn't make it so either. Your hubris knows no bounds.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:03 AM

76,978 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Isn’t it interesting that people in this forum can say the most vile things and terrible lies about the Creator yet are silenced and threatened with expulsion for calling made up religious cults non Christians.

What a world we live in.
Yes, they insist Christian God is a monster, and you will be told you are not a follower of Christ (which of course is same as saying you are not Christian). Such comments are routine here. The Bible is mocked as being a book written by ignorant savages etc.

Mockers will mock.

"Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires."

Old 09-18-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Just because you THINK you know the Truth doesn't make it so either. Your hubris knows no bounds.
What I find interesting about your posts is that you point out that you don’t like organizations being called cults but did not address the slanderous attack on the Lord. How very cultish of you

Old 09-18-2018, 07:17 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,981,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Romans 9:13 and at Malachi 1:3 God hated Esau....

Esau is a representative characteristic symbolizing the flesh. God did not hate Esau, He hated what he symbolizes.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Isn’t it interesting that people in this forum can say the most vile things and terrible lies about the Creator yet are silenced and threatened with expulsion for calling made up religious cults non Christians.

What a world we live in.

There is only a one way street for Christians in this forum. How sad that some can insult us but we are not allowed to insult them. Of course Christians are not here to insult but to discuss our differences in a civil way.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:24 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,584,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Esau is a representative characteristic symbolizing the flesh. God did not hate Esau, He hated what he symbolizes.
god Hates?

Oh yea that’s right.

Genesis 6:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

“Regretted” “Deeply troubles” and hate

Old 09-18-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:

Yet I have seen Christianity called a cult, and the persons not punished. Conservative Christians should not expect to be treate fairly in forums like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity