U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 04:47 AM

4,723 posts, read 1,216,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
we follow jesus the living word of god under the new covenant "written in our hearts" by god. You follow a book that tells us about jesus and the old covenant "written in ink."

amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 06:47 AM

981 posts, read 355,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oihamad View Post
I commonly see posts or other statements made by Evangelical Christians questioning whether those in Mainline denominations such as the Presbyterian Church, the Episcopal Church, the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America), the Methodist Church, or the United Church of Christ are truly Christians or saved. There is often an implication that these churches have strayed far from Biblical teaching and doctrine and Christian Orthodoxy and that these churches preach an overly watered down Christianity which speaks more about doing good things within a culturally/politically correct context. I attend a Presbyterian Church and have evangelical leanings myself but see these critiques of mainline denominations as missing the mark as the Presbyterian and Methodist services I have attended preach the Gospel in its full, unfiltered form. Do Evangelicals view these those in Mainline Protestant denominations as saved if they have professed faith in Christ, and if not, what do they feel these churches are doing wrong?
You are falsely accusing evangelicals of judging individual salvation when you write your words.
The eighth commandment says that one ought not falsely accuse a neighbor.
It is sin.

Stating facts about a religious organization is something else entirely. God has mercy upon people. He has little for organizations.

Official Apostacy

Let's take a hard look at these facts. The Presbyterian Church and the Lutheran Church have made public official statements by leadership during recent conventions to the effect that the Word of God is no longer accepted as divine truth. These facts have been related to me by delates to those conventions as well as photographic record.

According to an officially tabulated vote by their leaders the Bible is simply A word of God.

The substitution of the word "A" for the word "The" in the language of the twin resolutions reduces the Bible to the level of any other work of human literature. It attempts to strip the Bible of divine authority and gives that authority to the leaders. Consequently subjective rhetoric and political correctness rule the pulpits of those denominations not the objective truth of revealed scripture.

The Episcopal Church, like the Anglican and Roman Catholic church, has long rejected the necessity of a personal commitment to Christ in the form of repentance and acceptance of Christ into one's life and heart. While in seminary as a student for the ministry in the Episcopal church I was told that unless I recanted my faith in Jesus Christ I would not be admitted into holy orders. Exactly how holy might those duties be if they deny Christ? Another of the issues I was asked to accept and approve of was sexual abuse by an Episcopal priest of mentally challenged teens during the performance of his duties as a social worker. The matter as well as marital infidelity among the leadership has been neatly swept away by denominational leaders. Its ok to be sexually deviant in their eyes, but devotion to Jesus Christ is forbidden.

The Methodist church leadership has not been able to establish any sort of social program or spiritual responsibility. Their recent leadership convention was a circus - totally consumed with the issue of gay influence in leadership and Biblical interpretation. The issue of gay rights is political not spiritual and separation of church and state seems to only work in one direction. The Methodist leadership is totally divided and confused about this point above all and as a result has neglected weightier issues of spiritual importance such as the necessity of being saved in Jesus' name. The Methodist church is circling the drain of history for this as well as another important reason - the BDS movement.

BDS

"I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you;"
- God as quoted speaking to Abraham in Genesis 12:3a

All the above listed churches, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Methodist, Episcopal and many others, have given tacit approval to the BDS movement. They aren't alone. Nearly all the mainline Christian denominations with the exception of the Roman Catholic Church, Baptists and evangelical churches have established sympathy with Muslim extremists.

BDS is an acronym for boycott divest and sanction. It is a propaganda movement by Palestinian organizations to mobilize world sympathy against Israel and to provide legitimacy for their acts of murder theft and destruction. False claims against the sovereign State of Israel are made so as to justify their true and final goal - the death of every Jew in the levant and eviction of them from that land. No treaty made with the Palestinian authorities has ever been honored by them and no promise of peace has ever lasted long. Claims of right to the land are false in as much as their true stated goal is murder and destruction.

Palestinian claims to the land are false - documented by the Qur'an as well as the Bible.

And We made the people who were deemed weak to inherit the eastern lands and the western ones which We had blessed; and the good word of your Lord was fulfilled in the children of Israel because they bore up (sufferings) patiently; and We utterly destroyed what Firon (pharaoh) and his people had wrought and what they built.
- Qur’an 7.137

And when Musa (Moses) said to his people: O my people! remember the favor of Allah upon you when He raised prophets among you and made you kings and gave you what He had not given to any other among the nations. O my people! enter the holy land which Allah has prescribed for you and turn not on your backs for then you will turn back losers.
- Our’an 5.20-21

And We said to the Israelites after him: Dwell in the land: and when the promise of the next life shall come to pass, we will bring you both together in judgment.
- Qur’an 17.104

And.surely they purposed to unsettle you from the land that they might expel you from it, and in that case they will not tarry behind you but a little.
- Qur’an 17.76 (prophecy of attempts to remove Jews from Palestine)

The BDS movement is a fraud according to the Bible AND the Holy Qur'an.

Those churches that agree with it are working against the very hand of God as defined by all three of God's great religions; Christianity Judaism and Islam. They have denied the saving grace of Jesus Christ, the absolute truth of the Bible and the ordinances of God as recorded in the religious documents mentioned above. They no longer represent the gospel of Jesus Christ and are fully devoid of truth.

ICHABOD

These churches are no longer of Jesus Christ.
They are apostate.
Their sins have put a separation between themselves and God.
THEY ARE ICHABOD. ("The glory has departed." 1 Samuel 4:21a)
The warning of Revelation 2:5 has not been heeded by them and the Holy Spirit has departed from among them.

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."

- Jesus as quoted by Matthew 5:13

Therefore, "Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."
- 2 Corinthians 6:17

It therefore becomes more urgent now than ever to repent of sin and make peace with God while time allows.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 09-19-2018 at 07:18 AM..

Old 09-19-2018, 07:39 AM

80 posts, read 42,319 times
I'm pretty sure it's a sin to troll and tell outright laws on this board about a seminary experience you never had. I'm Arab, and my father is an Arab Muslim, so nice try with the anti-BDS argument though.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:51 AM

466 posts, read 102,864 times
Do these 'Mainline Protestant Denominations' teach and preach Romans 10 : 9 - 10, Ephesians 2 : 8-9, John 3 : 16 - 19, John 14 : 6, all of 1 John, etc.?

I can't speak to anyone's salvation status

Old 09-19-2018, 08:06 AM

Mainline Protestant groups place a great deal of emphasis on Salvation by Faith alone. It is one of the main reasons they rebelled against the Catholic Church (rejection of the sale of indulgences to escape Purgatory). All of the other verses, yes they are emphasized in the confessional statements of these Churches as all of them recite the Apostles Creed which essentially rephrases the above passages.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:20 AM

466 posts, read 102,864 times
Then what is the basis on questioning their salvation? I'm not seeing a problem

Old 09-19-2018, 08:46 AM

I don't believe there is one. But many in more Conservative/Evangelical Denominations view Mainline Denominations as Apostates/Teaching a watered down Gospel due to their support for liberal political stances and differing interpretations of scripture.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:01 AM

25,783 posts, read 13,404,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Wonderful. I enjoy seeing those ignorant of the subject spreading their ignorance around, making their ignorance more obvious.

You've assessed yourself accurately. Well done! That is an important step towards maturity.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:09 AM

Hey, Troutdude and Omega 2xx I know you guys don't agree with each other on anything but I intended this thread to be a forum for serious discussion so please stop wasting space on underhandedly slighting and insulting each other.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:11 AM

25,783 posts, read 13,404,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oihamad View Post
Hey, Troutdude and Omega 2xx I know you guys don't agree with each other on anything but I intended this thread to be a forum for serious discussion so please stop wasting space on underhandedly slighting and insulting each other.

I'll try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or