U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 09:04 AM

20,420 posts, read 9,837,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your view of Genesis is interesting given the fact that you agree with the claim that the OT is nothing but scribblings of ignorant savages....?
I believe the perceptions they held is what they believed, but it has nothing to do with anything else.
What I find interesting is your pervasiveness to slander others - because they see things differently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 09:13 AM

63,083 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe the perceptions they held is what they believed, but it has nothing to do with anything else. What I find interesting is your pervasiveness to slander others - because they see things differently?
Back to playing the victiom Why do you always have to get angry when people share their opinion and it doesn't line up with your personal take?

So, let's make it clear once and for all. Do you disagree with Mystic when he calls the OT authors ignorant?

Old 09-20-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I believe the perceptions they held is what they believed, but it has nothing to do with anything else.
What I find interesting is your pervasiveness to slander others - because they see things differently?
Quote:
Back to playing the victiom Why do you always have to get angry when people share their opinion and it doesn't line up with your personal take?

So, let's make it clear once and for all. Do you disagree with Mystic when he calls the OT authors ignorant?
There is no anger, just your continuous slandering.
Those that I find ignorant are people like yourself.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:30 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,175,977 times
Quote:
There’s a saying, “Even a blind mouse finds cheese once in a while.” Some of them found cheese from time to time.

There are things we present day blind mice are less ignorant about than people who lived thousands of years ago, and there are many people today who write profound things, even on message boards like this. The difference is that no one is compiling our writings and declaring them to be the infallible, inerrant Word of God.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
There is no anger, just your continuous slandering. Those that I find ignorant are people like yourself.
This is very angry language whether you realize it or not.

Or maybe you use such language to deflect from questions you cannot answer.

The question was this: Do you disagree with Mystic when he calls the OT authors ignorant?

Old 09-20-2018, 01:16 PM

40,094 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
There’s a saying, “Even a blind mouse finds cheese once in a while.” Some of them found cheese from time to time.
There are things we present day blind mice are less ignorant about than people who lived thousands of years ago, and there are many people today who write profound things, even on message boards like this. The difference is that no one is compiling our writings and declaring them to be the infallible, inerrant Word of God.
Quote:
The question was this: Do you disagree with Mystic when he calls the OT authors ignorant?
Come on, Finn. Do you actually think that people some 4000 years ago were NOT ignorant primitives???? Ignorance has nothing to do with their intelligence, just their knowledge.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Come on, Finn. Do you actually think that people some 4000 years ago were NOT ignorant primitives???? Ignorance has nothing to do with their intelligence, just their knowledge.
I know that is your opinion that they are ignorant savages. I am asking Jerwade if he agrees with it.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Back to playing the victim Why do you always have to get angry when people share their opinion and it doesn't line up with your personal take?

Quote:
There is no anger, just your continuous slandering.
Those that I find ignorant are people like yourself.
Quote:

I told you what I believe, and your indifference or sentiments do not anger me.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:27 PM

32,238 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Quote:

They were ignorant for certain concerning Jesus Christ and the things that pertain to him. Or do you believe they knew Jesus Christ and the light of his ministry ?. Do you also think they had seen all the light of God ?. Exactly, so they were ignorant, but if they were around today they would certainly have been open to the light they didn't have back then, unlike your average biblean today.

You have to bear in mind too that even Solomon who had great wisdom and understanding did not have the light of God that Jesus Christ had.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:45 PM

3,661 posts, read 1,139,616 times
What does it mean to be fruitful and multiply

One way is when the going gets rough and your wife is now salt, get your daughters to get ya drunk and Let them gang rape ya for the good of humanity.

Gods plan for the righteous Lot

Genesis 19:31-35 King James Version (KJV)
32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or