Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:37 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, they were not productive and their fruit-withered to almost nothing.
Apparently, everything comes down to the choices we make, right or wrong.
They got the fruit of the womb teaching down, but knew nothing about the fruits of the Spirit. They lived in the fallen world. Later God gave them spiritual leaders and prophets, and ultimately even His own son, and the Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 04:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Indeed, they were not productive and their fruit-withered to almost nothing.
Apparently, everything comes down to the choices we make, right or wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They got the fruit of the womb teaching down, but knew nothing about the fruits of the Spirit. They lived in the fallen world. Later God gave them spiritual leaders and prophets, and ultimately even His own son, and the Holy Spirit.
They didn't need a sex education class, rather they needed to walk in the spirit and failed for the most part, much like that of today.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
How come you are fairly reasonable and seemingly well educated(not saying you are right) with politics but so lacking with all things considered spiritual? Anyone wondering about what I’m saying’ just look at recent posts by “Finny let’s twist again Jarber” and compare his politics and religion

Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
[Miss Hepburn Um, God is a prosperity preacher?]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But of course..God wants everyone to experience prosperity.
That was typo!!! I was stating God IS a prosperity preacher!!!!
Where did that ? come from?! Geeze...on me..

Old 09-22-2018, 05:19 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
They didn't need a sex education class, rather they needed to walk in the spirit and failed for the most part, much like that of today.
They didn't get a sex ed class, Adam and Eve did 1600 years earlier before the fall of man. I hate to repeat things, but didn't I just say that after days of Noah God sent them the prophets, spiritual leaders, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit who taught spiritual things? Is everyone listening? Obviously not. Again, context matters, or at least it should matter, but I guess it does not matter to some people.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:50 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
You all just gonna gloss over Lot fracking his daughters?

Seriously?

#f’nsick

Old 09-22-2018, 06:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

Seriously?

#f’nsick
You my friend are a post away from someone telling you go forth and multiply. :. If you want me to explain DM me

Old 09-22-2018, 07:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Yes. “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

But the argument here is that it means something entirely different, and if you don't agree then you are immature.
Cain and Abel were conceived and born in Gan Eden, also...

Old 09-22-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How come you are fairly reasonable and seemingly well educated (not saying you are right) with politics but so lacking with all things considered spiritual?
He is a literal contextualist, who argues that an expression can only be understood relative to the context.

Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

Seriously?
They were being fruitful and multiplying as any drunken sailor would?
These were the words that someone in the choir loft was preaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity