Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 08:43 AM

10,955 posts, read 7,015,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
It means to get busy and make some babies and if you married and not have a Child, you are sinning and disobeying God lol <<---believe it or not, I know someone who feels they must have a child when they get married because it is a commandment to be fruitful and multiply.
We ignore your type, and the typical nonsense. You only make yourself look foolish. Find something useful to do with your life before its over and a complete waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 09:12 AM

76,955 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
It means to get busy and make some babies and if you married and not have a Child, you are sinning and disobeying God lol <<---believe it or not, I know someone who feels they must have a child when they get married because it is a commandment to be fruitful and multiply.
It was so during the times of Genesis. Jesus did not have kids, and for the most part neither did the apostles.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:23 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,832,457 times
So, what happens when we have overdone the "multiplying?"

Old 09-18-2018, 09:39 AM

10,955 posts, read 7,015,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Healthy attributes and aspects can't be overdone, mostly because they are immaterial.

But yes, there are objects and selfish activities that can be overdone. They aren't "of God". They are of man, and our selfish / self-centered nature, full of excess and unbalance. As with anything along those lines, firm and effective pruning is needed.

When to trim is as important as when to plant. Two sides of the one healthy coin.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 AM

4,684 posts, read 6,088,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
We ignore your type, and the typical nonsense. You only make yourself look foolish. Find something useful to do with your life before its over and a complete waste.

Sir, I see you have your panties in a big wad today!! Lighten up for goodness sake

Old 09-18-2018, 01:15 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,692,812 times
because Life and it seems death both multiply and

his command was for Life to multiply.. some 30, 60 or 100 fold..

God wants "life" the breath of his life, his word / creation .. to multiply and thus he made it fruitful.

and THus LIFE before the fall ... is the only one of the two he gave the command to multiply too ..
thus His life and His word always multiply and never come back to him void.

after the fall and after cain.. men gave the command for death to multiply.
now both do and we reap what we sow now.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:15 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,139,375 times
Multiply the god lke qualities

Old 09-18-2018, 01:20 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I find in Genesis that it is God's purpose (His will) that we all be descendants of Adam and Eve.
Be fruitful and multiply does Not mean over-fill or over-multiply, so mankind was Not to over-populate Earth.
Just like when we fill a glass with water we stop before it overflows, so reproduction would cease. At least here on Earth.
During Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth mankind will learn more of God's purpose.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:22 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
Any other thoughts?
Since Jesus' NEW commandment of John 13:14-35 was to love as Jesus loved, then we are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
Jesus was willing to die for others.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Any other thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"be fruitful and multiply?" is from Genesis where God told Adam and Eve to have children.

"you love one another as I have loved you" is from John 13 where Jesus tells his disciples to love each other. He continued: "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another".

These were his parting instructions to the disciples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It was so during the times of Genesis. Jesus did not have kids, and for the most part neither did the apostles.
In other words, the commandment to be fruitful and multiply was not a reference to anyone or anything other than the physical aspect in the beginning? What about being spiritually fruitful and multiplying the citizens of the Kingdom of God, when one follows the commandment to "go and make disciples of all nations?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity