Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times

Advertisements

Simple question.

We've repeatedly stated that we don't hate anyone, but thread after thread gets created accusing us of hating whomever, for whatever reason.

That is bigotry to read what we have to say, then declare that we are lying, or misrepresenting our belief, and then tell US what we believe.

So why the bigotry? If I say I don't hate anyone, I don't hate anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 09:35 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Simple question.

We've repeatedly stated that we don't hate anyone, but thread after thread gets created accusing us of hating whomever, for whatever reason.

That is bigotry to read what we have to say, then declare that we are lying, or misrepresenting our belief, and then tell US what we believe.

There's nice-sounding words. And then there's actions that belie those words.

Fundie words: We are all equal.

Fundie actions: Women and gays cannot be pastors.

Get the drift?

Old 09-19-2018, 09:39 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,504 times
Quote:
Simple question.

I suppose it's a case of not what you say, but what Christians do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDGf2xgy7DE

Old 09-19-2018, 09:40 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Why do people lie about Christians and their motives?

Simple question.

They are projecting their own inner feelings on others. It is a psychological defense mechanism. There is a lot of anger and resentment towards Christians on this board.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:43 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There's nice-sounding words. And then there's actions that belie those words.

Fundie words: We are all equal.

Fundie actions: Women and gays cannot be pastors.

Get the drift?
Close to what I was going to say.

First of all, the thread title is misleading. People generally accuse some people who identify as Christians of hatred and bigotry, yes, but not all Christians are automatically accused of this, so it can't really be considered bigotry. Yes, I realize there are some people, including some posters on this forum, who just paint all Christians with a broad brush and don't see them as individuals.

But as TroutDude indicated, when someone runs around claiming that they are mistreating someone due to their Christianity and pointing to Scripture as the excuse for the mistreatment, it speaks louder than the words they say. I think this was probably the most important lesson Jesus taught us, particularly in the story of the Good Samaritan: Following the written rules rather than following compassion is not the way to go. Or, as our parents taught us, "Action speaks louder than words."

Old 09-19-2018, 09:53 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
A number of posters on this forum have questioned non believers ability to be kind, caring and moral. Some have posted that gays are not only trying to be treated as equals but are attacking Christians even if the gay person is a Christian themselves. Christians have on these forums claimed that those who are of other religions are wrong and sometimes liars. And the evangelicals have certainly made a vast number if false claims against liberals.

You asked and I am just saying some if the reasons others may claim that Christians hate.

From my point t of view many of these Christian posters would love me if and only if I thought and believed exactly like they do. I don't think I have ever claimed that Christians are haters however I also don't see much in the way of acceptance or even tolerance in their posts. As far as love goes, I think it is meaningless claiming that one loves everyone regardless of who they are or what they do. I reserve love for people I know and do love. For those I do not know I will give them respect, empathy and tolerance until they show they do not deserve it. I don't want love from someone who doesn't know me and has classed me as immoral or bad cause I don't believe in their God or dogma.

I judge those on this forum into two main groups, those I would like to have a tea or beer with and those I would not. And there are believers and non believers in both groups and you might be surprised on who is in either group.

I see less tolerace, empathy and respect in your posts than I do in other Christians posts but more than in some other Christians. It's pointless to say that you love not hate gays, for examples, but expect them to become non gays or to live a life where they are denied what you are allowed such as a loving relationship

Old 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

First of all, the thread title is misleading. People generally accuse some people who identify as Christians of hatred and bigotry, yes, but not all Christians are automatically accused of this, so it can't really be considered bigotry. Yes, I realize there are some people, including some posters on this forum, who just paint all Christians with a broad brush and don't see them as individuals.

But as TroutDude indicated, when someone runs around claiming that they are mistreating someone due to their Christianity and pointing to Scripture as the excuse for the mistreatment, it speaks louder than the words they say. I think this was probably the most important lesson Jesus taught us, particularly in the story of the Good Samaritan: Following the written rules rather than following compassion is not the way to go. Or, as our parents taught us, "Action speaks louder than words."
And you certainly fall in my share tea or a beer with.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Go to the thread about the Evangelical that "proved" that God doesn't love everyone and tell me what YOU see.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:58 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

There is a thread saying that Christians hate homosexuals. While the thread title may not say that in so many words, many have said that in the thread. I have explicitly stated we don't, but it keeps getting repeated.

That is bigotry to take what is said and ignore it, instead telling us what we believe.

As for TroutDude? I honestly don't care what that guy says. He's as bigoted as anyone. If actions are so important, you'd think he would be called out on it. But he gets ignored and gets a free pass to act the way he does.

I've even correct YOU personally on it and you continue to spout this lie. Please just stop it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/53013913-post1290.html

Last edited by BaptistFundie; 09-19-2018 at 12:10 PM..

Old 09-19-2018, 12:08 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Simple question.

Here’s one of your jesus hero’s BFun.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hth8SDd1vEU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity