U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-05-2018, 03:24 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,593,362 times
Reputation: 568

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Because I'm responding to what occurred on THIS thread. You, evidently, failed to see Pleroo's tongue-in-cheek response to your post. And, I made reference to someone else on another sub-forum who didn't see my tongue-in-cheek response to a specific item either. That's it. And, I did respond to the post where someone called me a psychopath and reminded them that I was only joshing. It was about selling my kid for $200,000.00.

One question though, did you spot the tongue-in-cheek tone of Pleroo's post? By your response it seems as if you didn't. Hence my post. Anyway, sorry if there seems to have been something lost in the interaction between us.
1.)Somehow, I thought posting on a Halloween thread would be non-confrontational. 2.)The charity expressed by some of the posters during Halloween reminded of something a professor once told the class and I simply related to it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2018, 02:32 PM
 
4,250 posts, read 1,626,768 times
Reputation: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Utter nonsense! Celebrations and what they mean are determined by what the celebrants INTEND to celebrate, period. You can NOT celebrate anything satanic if you do not intend to celebrate something satanic. What a ridiculous world you live in!

The false goddess( fertility) associated with the spring celebration- was named-Ishtar--pronounced-easter--Astarte in another language. Bunny rabbits, dyed eggs of Pasch, hot cross buns all taken from pagan celebrations. God does not forget. Christmas--Santa(satan) steals 98% of that celebration, He even gets first shot on Dec 25th. Yule was pagan, tree is pagan. The saturnalia festival, on or around Dec 25, feasting and the exchanging of gifts.
Valentines day--Cupid a real life false god that was worshipped by mortals associated. I doubt any difference to God of a carved image or a drawn image of a false god. Etc,etc for the other world celebrations.
It is clear to God. His opinion holds all the weight.1Corinthians 10:21
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 02:46 PM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,170,566 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Well, apparently it does happen. I posted what was clearly a tongue-in-cheek remark in another sub-forum and was called a psychopath by someone who just as clearly didn't catch on!
Unless itís your craft (Iím thinking of someone like Trout) conveying humor through writing is tricky, it seems. At least for me. Then again, some very.serious.people simply donít know how to lighten up. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 02:47 PM
 
40,060 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Utter nonsense! Celebrations and what they mean are determined by what the celebrants INTEND to celebrate, period. You can NOT celebrate anything satanic if you do not intend to celebrate something satanic. What a ridiculous world you live in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The false goddess( fertility) associated with the spring celebration- was named-Ishtar--pronounced-easter--Astarte in another language. Bunny rabbits, dyed eggs of Pasch, hot cross buns all taken from pagan celebrations. God does not forget. Christmas--Santa(satan) steals 98% of that celebration, He even gets first shot on Dec 25th. Yule was pagan, tree is pagan. The saturnalia festival, on or around Dec 25, feasting and the exchanging of gifts.
Valentines day--Cupid a real life false god that was worshipped by mortals associated. I doubt any difference to God of a carved image or a drawn image of a false god. Etc,etc for the other world celebrations.
It is clear to God. His opinion holds all the weight.1Corinthians 10:21
Blah, Blah, Blah, God sees the heart it and it doesn't contain any of the nonsense you spend your life worrying about. Sad, very sad, that you have so completely misunderstood God. God is concerned with what is in your HEART and INTENTIONS, NOT all the nonsense you are so worried about. What a shame to have to live such a sad and pathetic life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 02:59 PM
 
20,402 posts, read 9,828,032 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Unless it’s your craft (I’m thinking of someone like Trout) conveying humor through writing is tricky, it seems. At least for me. Then again, some very.serious.people simply don’t know how to lighten up. Ever.
Humor lightens the load and helps us to maintain a balance within the parameters of this life.
There are different kinds of humor. I found this to be hilarious, as I also broke ice puddles.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPTMf_Gkwz4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 03:10 PM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,170,566 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Humor lightens the load and helps us to maintain a balance within the parameters of this life.
There are different kinds of humor. I found this to be hilarious, as I also broke ice puddles.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPTMf_Gkwz4
She looks like a pink garden gnome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 05:38 PM
 
4,250 posts, read 1,626,768 times
Reputation: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Blah, Blah, Blah, God sees the heart it and it doesn't contain any of the nonsense you spend your life worrying about. Sad, very sad, that you have so completely misunderstood God. God is concerned with what is in your HEART and INTENTIONS, NOT all the nonsense you are so worried about. What a shame to have to live such a sad and pathetic life.

The encyclopedias say its you who are in error. It cant get any better knowing Gods truths. Entering Gods kingdom is worth more than all the wealth on earth combined. If I cry, I cry for the mislead. Yes I agree God looks in the heart. But he assures all 100% --they cannot partake off the table of demons and his table. 1Cor 10:21) It will count 0 for them no matter what they think they do for God and love God and family and friends.--Jesus tells all the same-Matthew 7:21-23--Those teachers telling all they are saved or born again are full of it. RUN FROM THEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2018, 09:31 AM
 
Location: On the Edge of the Fringe
4,888 posts, read 3,974,996 times
Reputation: 4137
I think I had mentioned this before, but when I was a teenager one of the local small town community groups ran a haunted house every year as a fun raiser. It was particularly well done, because they used an older abandoned house which they rented for the month and had time to make every room unique and frightful.

Well, someone. I do not know who at our church decided that none of us were to go. I told my mom I was going and she said "Oh No I don;t want you going to that it is going to be too wild" I told my dad and he said "No It might offend the church" to which I replied "so who cares?"

I went anyway

It eventually got around at our small church in a small town that I had gone and some of the Sunday School teachers were whining about it. From my point of view, it was not their choice or concern. It was mine. And since I was an unwilling cast member of that congregation, I had no vested interest at all in seeing that the rules and dogma were followed.

Which is still what I believe. It is a personal choice. It is not someone else's choice
How we celebrate the holidays, what we do, is our own choice. Not someone else's.

When I was young, I had a fascination with horror movies and scary things, especially Halloween. I remember talking about a film that had a Vampire in it, my dad heard me and said "Come here I want to tell you something......There's no such thing"
Of course there is no such thing. I knew that. It was fiction.

As a kid I knew what fiction vs non-fiction was and is
So did he not understand someone having an imagination, or developing fiction as an art form?
Interesting though, I know he was and still is very much a Binary thinker, with a very limited view of the world. While I would point to this as a result of his poor religious upbringing, it is an interesting point. Most everyone knows that monsters and demons are fiction. I would be more concerned with someone who was convinced that someone turns into a werewolf or bat and roams around at night as a result......than someone who enjoys a good film or book about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2018, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,959 posts, read 22,118,041 times
Reputation: 10700
I can't even read threads like this. They just make me too angry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2018, 01:55 PM
 
40,060 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I can't even read threads like this. They just make me too angry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top