U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 11:30 AM

3,432 posts, read 1,257,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sure go celebrate graven images , as we all live in a strange culture ....... See the ten horned beast which blasphemes the ten commandments would love that people reject the commandments of God ........
Some people are just naturally old poops. Others get into the spirit of things and enjoy the fun. I have always enjoyed Halloween, even though it does get expensive. I live in a big old 100 year old house that just screams "haunted." In 35 years I have never had less than 1,000 trick-or-treaters on Halloween. So be an old poop. The kids and I will enjoy ourselves.

I also decorate for Christmas, if that is any consolation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 01:09 PM

56,053 posts, read 54,552,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Some people are just naturally old poops. Others get into the spirit of things and enjoy the fun. I have always enjoyed Halloween, even though it does get expensive. I live in a big old 100 year old house that just screams "haunted." In 35 years I have never had less than 1,000 trick-or-treaters on Halloween. So be an old poop. The kids and I will enjoy ourselves.

I also decorate for Christmas, if that is any consolation.
Probably not. I think that poster likely does not celebrate Christmas.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:25 PM

14,802 posts, read 4,968,434 times
Quote:
Sure go celebrate graven images , as we all live in a strange culture ....... See the ten horned beast which blasphemes the ten commandments would love that people reject the commandments of God ........
Celebrating Halloween is absolutely no different than celebrating Christmas and Easter.

How can you reject the 7 feasts of Messiah to take on Babylonian holy days, to then turn around and mock somebody for Halloween?

That doesn't make any sense, Christians can keep the holy days of any pagan God and remain Christians, that is a proven fact of life. Christians reject God's Sabbaths and Holy days to keep pagan holy days, Halloween is no worse than Christmas or Easter.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:19 PM

4,413 posts, read 4,064,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Celebrating Halloween is absolutely no different than celebrating Christmas and Easter.

How can you reject the 7 feasts of Messiah to take on Babylonian holy days, to then turn around and mock somebody for Halloween?

That doesn't make any sense, Christians can keep the holy days of any pagan God and remain Christians, that is a proven fact of life. Christians reject God's Sabbaths and Holy days to keep pagan holy days, Halloween is no worse than Christmas or Easter.
Dont stop them from celebrating this stupid European Holiday, just like the others. Its insane what some people spend on Halloween. SMH Dont be a party popper

If you want to celebrate Halloween, fine, but dont try to make a biblical justification of it.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Dont stop them from celebrating this stupid European Holiday, just like the others. Its insane what some people spend on Halloween. SMH Dont be a party popper

If you want to celebrate Halloween, fine, but dont try to make a biblical justification of it.
That is correct, there is no biblical justification for Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and for that matter, Valentine's day, they are all pagan holy days with pagan traditions and rituals that teach of Pagan gods, no matter if the name is changed.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:47 PM

11,177 posts, read 10,997,632 times
Quote:
That is correct, there is no biblical justification for Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and for that matter, Valentine's day, they are all pagan holy days with pagan traditions and rituals that teach of Pagan gods, no matter if the name is changed.
I asked that little 3 year old princess that came to our house last Halloween if she was celebrating a Pagan god, but she didn't know anything about any Pagan anything. She just wanted candy. Her mother reminded her to say "Thank You."

Old 09-20-2018, 03:48 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 10 days ago)

9,511 posts, read 3,649,616 times
I am not going to judge about the gruesome aspect of Halloween.

There are people who keep their kids indoors on Halloween, that's their choice.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I asked that little 3 year old princess that came to our house last Halloween if she was celebrating a Pagan god, but she didn't know anything about any Pagan anything. She just wanted candy. Her mother reminded her to say "Thank You."
LOL, I don't think anyone is actually keeping a Holy day for a pagan God unless they are outright pagan. But it is silly for a Christian to speak against Halloween. My mother gets upset about it saying how evil it is, but then she freaks out if I watch Harry Potter.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:06 PM

3,139 posts, read 938,616 times
Quote:
I am celebrating kids dressing up and having fun collecting candy. I'm not celebrating graven images. As Hanibal said in his post, if you celebrate Christmas and Easter, it's the same as celebrating Halloween. The only Christians I know of who do not celebrate Christmas are the JW's and possibly the 7th Day Adventists, but I'm not really sure about the latter.

I do think Halloween is a peculiar thing - especially when people in the neighborhood put tombstones all over the front yard and cover the doors with spider webs and play creepy music. I think some people like to be a little bit spooky for the fun of it. I don't get into all that spooky stuff. I like the cute stuff, the smiling pumpkins and friendly ghosts. It's part of American culture - has been since I was a kid.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:09 PM

3,139 posts, read 938,616 times
Quote:
LOL, I don't think anyone is actually keeping a Holy day for a pagan God unless they are outright pagan. But it is silly for a Christian to speak against Halloween. My mother gets upset about it saying how evil it is, but then she freaks out if I watch Harry Potter.
And back a few decades ago, I forbade my children from reading Harry Potter and you know what, they did it behind my back. I now realize it is fiction and as far as I can tell has not harmed them. They know the difference in fiction and reality. Plus, they are all grown and are free to read whatever they choose. Some Christians are really afraid of a lot of things that are harmless. They are usually the ones who believe that salvation is being saved from eternal (unending) torment/torture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or