U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 05:57 PM

3,139 posts, read 942,145 times

Advertisements

Oh, I'm glad we have moved on to Thanksgiving. I am currently planning ours with my two daughters who live here in Florida. It's certainly my favorite holiday when it comes to the food. I love dressing more than dessert. But I also do love pumpkin pie :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 06:00 AM

4,267 posts, read 1,633,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Then, you should turn on a light and the darkness will flee.

I did, I learned and applied what Jesus actually taught. I was NEVER taught those teachings in any trinity religion. Those teachers are paid to teach that religions dogma-first, and little of what Jesus taught.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:05 PM

3,139 posts, read 942,145 times
Quote:
Ponderosa pine and Aspen trees.

That is wonderful! I so love trees. One of the saddest things to me about hurricane Michael is the number of trees it killed -- probably 90 percent of the trees in Panama City were snapped in half or uprooted by that hurricane. I live just a few miles north of Panama City in a town called Lynn Haven. There are piles and piles of downed trees stacked up in piles up and down every road in this area. Many of them are being taken to a chipper to be turned into mulch. I think we need to have a publicized drive to plant a lot of trees back as soon as possible. I will definitely be getting a living tree for Christmas this year. I have a gorgeous Norfolk pine from several Christmases ago. It has grown so much in two years. It still lives in a pot. I can't plant it outside because it wouldn't survive a hard frost which we do get here a couple of times a year.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:56 PM

20,433 posts, read 9,849,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
That is wonderful! I so love trees. One of the saddest things to me about hurricane Michael is the number of trees it killed -- probably 90 percent of the trees in Panama City were snapped in half or uprooted by that hurricane. I live just a few miles north of Panama City in a town called Lynn Haven. There are piles and piles of downed trees stacked up in piles up and down every road in this area. Many of them are being taken to a chipper to be turned into mulch. I think we need to have a publicized drive to plant a lot of trees back as soon as possible. I will definitely be getting a living tree for Christmas this year. I have a gorgeous Norfolk pine from several Christmases ago. It has grown so much in two years. It still lives in a pot. I can't plant it outside because it wouldn't survive a hard frost which we do get here a couple of times a year.
It's good to hear form you, there is life in trees, even those that walk.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:17 PM

56,213 posts, read 54,678,928 times
Quote:
Tree lover here, too.

If there is such a drive, can you let us know?

Old 11-13-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It's good to hear from you, there is life in trees, even those that walk.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 AM

14,883 posts, read 4,991,637 times
Quote:
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas.
People that celebrate Thanksgiving are going to hell if they don't at least kill they own bird, last year all I could get in range of was a crow, so we had crow, we aint no hypocrites eating caged birds where only one gets a pardon, eat crow or go home I say, I mean, if you can't get a turkey or a prairie chicken and there aint no doves or sparrows, eat crow,'' says I.''

Let's join together and save the turkeys this year, crow really aint that bad if you got mustard and garlic.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:49 AM

4,334 posts, read 888,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
People that celebrate Thanksgiving are going to hell if they don't at least kill they own bird, last year all I could get in range of was a crow, so we had crow, we aint no hypocrites eating caged birds where only one gets a pardon, eat crow or go home I say, I mean, if you can't get a turkey or a prairie chicken and there aint no doves or sparrows, eat crow,'' says I.''

Let's join together and save the turkeys this year, crow really aint that bad if you got mustard and garlic.
Yeah, it tastes a bit like the cross between bald eagle and parrot.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:04 AM

14,883 posts, read 4,991,637 times
I wanna know why the turkey is so honored as to get a presidential pardon, and the chicken has no holy days? If I am what I eat, I must be a chicken, why should I honor a turkey, is a turkey any better than a chicken?

What about the beloved swine on Christmas? I don't see no pig getting a pardon.

This is all too much for me, a pumkin is honored, and even a Christmas ham is used as a sign of friendship and celebration but where is the chicken's recognition?

From now on, we must all have chicken on valentines day to honor and celebrate the chicken and we must all have hawaiian chicken with a rice pilaf in a very romantic dinner with wine in toasts and celebration for the great chicken...

Old 11-14-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I wanna know why the turkey is so honored as to get a presidential pardon, and the chicken has no holy days? If I am what I eat, I must be a chicken, why should I honor a turkey, is a turkey any better than a chicken?
The turkey was thankful, and chicken's run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or