Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 03:07 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I know we have to discuss Halloween since we do it every year here. We are having an unusually hot and humid September here, so I am longing for fall. I bought some pretty gourds and miniature pumpkins already and my 4 year old is excited about Halloween - he is going to be an astronaut. We have always participated in Trick-Or-Treat with my children and they with their children. It seems like innocent fun to me. I don't like the gruesome costumes with blood and guts and all that yucky stuff. I wish Halloween would evolve away from trying to be scary.

Any thoughts? Anyone think people who celebrate or participate in Halloween are "lost"?

Many occult things are involved, even though some of them seem innocent.( 2Corinthians 11:12-15) Things of the occult come straight off the table of demons( 1Corinthians 10:21) God says one cannot partake of that table and his table. Many are being mislead to do just that. The whole theme, movies and such--the occult.
Satan owns all of the worlds celebrations from centuries ago. The encyclopedias assures both Easter and Christmas are loaded with them as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 03:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Many occult things are involved, even though some of them seem innocent.( 2Corinthians 11:12-15) Things of the occult come straight off the table of demons( 1Corinthians 10:21) God says one cannot partake of that table and his table. Many are being mislead to do just that. The whole theme, movies and such--the occult.
Satan owns all of the worlds celebrations from centuries ago. The encyclopedias assures both Easter and Christmas are loaded with them as well.

How many hours a day, approximately, do you spend hiding under your bed?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Many occult things are involved, even though some of them seem innocent. (2 Corinthians 11:12-15) Things of the occult come straight off the table of demons (1 Corinthians 10:21) God says one cannot partake of that table and his table. Many are being mislead to do just that. The whole theme, movies and such--the occult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How many hours a day, approximately, do you spend hiding under your bed?
Some people are adversarial when it comes to celebrations?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:10 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Many occult things are involved, even though some of them seem innocent.( 2Corinthians 11:12-15) Things of the occult come straight off the table of demons( 1Corinthians 10:21) God says one cannot partake of that table and his table. Many are being misled to do just that. The whole theme, movies and such--the occult.
Satan owns all of the world's celebrations from centuries ago. The encyclopedias assure both Easter and Christmas are loaded with them as well.
Utter nonsense! Celebrations and what they mean are determined by what the celebrants INTEND to celebrate, period. You can NOT celebrate anything satanic if you do not intend to celebrate something satanic. What a ridiculous world you live in!

Old 10-04-2018, 06:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Utter nonsense! Celebrations and what they mean are determined by what the celebrants INTEND to celebrate, period. You can NOT celebrate anything satanic if you do not intend to celebrate something satanic. What a ridiculous world you live in!
My niece is married to a witness who won't buy anything for the kids, it's all about him.
And he uses the jehovah's witnesses as an excuse to be a selfish, idiotic, tight-ass.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:26 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Darn....that almost makes he want to start worshiping that dude. Imagine, owning all the world's celebrations. What a blast!

Let's parrrtttiiiee!

Old 10-04-2018, 10:56 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I know we have to discuss Halloween since we do it every year here. We are having an unusually hot and humid September here, so I am longing for fall. I bought some pretty gourds and miniature pumpkins already and my 4 year old is excited about Halloween - he is going to be an astronaut. We have always participated in Trick-Or-Treat with my children and they with their children. It seems like innocent fun to me. I don't like the gruesome costumes with blood and guts and all that yucky stuff. I wish Halloween would evolve away from trying to be scary.

Any thoughts? Anyone think people who celebrate or participate in Halloween are "lost"?

We used to celebrate Halloween trying to lessen the elements of the occult. Children would wear theme costumes (Star Wars, Ninja Turtles etc) vs ghosts, ghouls, witches. Attending Harvest festivals which consisted of friendly pumpkin carvings and trimmings. In sum trying to make it fit with what our Christian conscience at the time would accept.

However, we've come to understand more about what God's Word teaches about the occult and pagan beliefs and the origin of Halloween. Secular sources are readily available to get answers. It's not a secret. As our conscience grew our unease with Halloween grew as well.

One thing I try NOT to do is force my beliefs on others. Sharing my beliefs is not the same as imposing them on others. Rather, sharing knowledge that I've gained with others and letting them decide for themselves, whether its bogus or merits further thought, is one aspect of being a Christian.

So are you lost? It's not for me to say. But, i do know that in this day and age there is plenty of information both from the Bible and secular sources for a person to research and draw their own conclusions so no one would consider themselves or others as "lost."

Old 10-05-2018, 01:12 AM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest
Didn't know I was ragging or bashing...I saw similarities in the customs, but it's your way that matters most...carry on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I sure hope you weren’t taking my tongue in cheek post too seriously.
Well, apparently it does happen. I posted what was clearly a tongue-in-cheek remark in another sub-forum and was called a psychopath by someone who just as clearly didn't catch on!

Old 10-05-2018, 02:37 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Well, apparently it does happen. I posted what was clearly a tongue-in-cheek remark in another sub-forum and was called a psychopath by someone who just as clearly didn't catch on!
Why did you quote my post instead of theirs?

Old 10-05-2018, 03:15 AM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Why did you quote my post instead of theirs?
Because I'm responding to what occurred on THIS thread. You, evidently, failed to see Pleroo's tongue-in-cheek response to your post. And, I made reference to someone else on another sub-forum who didn't see my tongue-in-cheek response to a specific item either. That's it. And, I did respond to the post where someone called me a psychopath and reminded them that I was only joshing. It was about selling my kid for $200,000.00.

One question though, did you spot the tongue-in-cheek tone of Pleroo's post? By your response it seems as if you didn't. Hence my post. Anyway, sorry if there seems to have been something lost in the interaction between us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity