U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:34 AM

20,432 posts, read 9,845,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is no such thing as everlasting or eternal torment, so we are not speaking about the same God.
I would say that it is you who makes him into a bloodthirsty monster, not those who know the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is only one God. You called me a liar for saying you have made such comment, so I showed you where you said the exact thing.

I am sorry you cannot accept what Jesus taught, but it gives you no right to call Him a monster.

Man up and own your words, and stop making false accusations. It took me 5 seconds to find you saying what you denied saying.
The only thing you have shown is that you follow a syncretistic belief, one that is mixed and blended with Pagan (Roman, Greek, Egyptian, etc.) mythologies such as your eternal damnation theories. I look to the living God, not a dead or barbaric religion. If you believe that your god ordered the slaughtering of the innocent, then you worship the other god of Christianism. And its deception has blinded you from seeing the truth. It's your ignorance and arrogance that continues to amaze me, not your knowledge or understanding.

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-27-2018 at 07:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 07:44 AM

32,260 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Quote:
The only thing you have shown is that you follow a syncretistic belief, one that is mixed and blended with Pagan (Roman, Greek, Egyptian, etc.) mythologies such as your eternal damnation theories. I look to the living God, not a dead or barbaric religion. If you believe that your god ordered the slaughtering of the innocent, then you worship the other god of Christianism. And its deception has blinded you from seeing the truth. It's your ignorance and arrogance that continues to amaze me, not your knowledge or understanding.
Amen 😁

Old 09-27-2018, 09:05 AM

63,143 posts, read 34,386,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Are you telling me I worship love as god?
Agape=love. Didn't you say agape is god. If so, then love is god. No?

Old 09-27-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
No, that is not what I showed you. I showed you your own post, which you denied making, and even accused me of lying when I said made it. Why make stuff up? Why do you always start talking about me when you are caught in a lie?

Your post:

Quote:
Everlasting torment is intolerable from a moral point of view because it makes God into a bloodthirsty monster who maintains an everlasting Auschwitz (a concentration camp) for victims whom he does not even allow to die

Old 09-27-2018, 10:25 AM

32,260 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Quote:
What do you think God is, A Moses looking like character ?. God is Spirit and the essence of Spirit is love, joy and peace, harmonized at all times. When i think of love i cannot help but think God, for love according to the scriptures is what we are called to abide in,so are we abiding in love or in God?. It is also what we are called to be rooted in, same question, are we rooted in love or God?. I am suggesting(sadly) from what i am reading from your posts, you know neither, because if you did, you could not help but see they are one and the same.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
There is no such thing as everlasting or eternal torment, so we are not speaking about the same God.
I would say that it is you who makes him into a bloodthirsty monster, not those who know the truth.
Quote:
There is only one God. You called me a liar for saying you have made such comment, so I showed you where you said the exact thing.

I am sorry you cannot accept what Jesus taught, but it gives you no right to call Him a monster.

Man up and own your words, and stop making false accusations. It took me 5 seconds to find you saying what you denied saying.
Quote:
Quote:
No, that is not what I showed you. I showed you your own post, which you denied making, and even accused me of lying when I said made it. Why make stuff up? Why do you always start talking about me when you are caught in a lie?

Your post:

"Everlasting torment is intolerable from a moral point of view because it makes God into a bloodthirsty monster who maintains an everlasting Auschwitz (a concentration camp) for victims whom he does not even allow to die."
Apparently, you deliberately left out the author of the quotes name.
It was written by the late Clark Pinnock, an influential evangelical theologian.

But from a moral perspective I would agree with his assessment.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What do you think God is, A Moses looking like character ?. God is Spirit and the essence of Spirit is love, joy and peace, harmonized at all times. When i think of love i cannot help but think God, for love according to the scriptures is what we are called to abide in, so are we abiding in love or in God?. It is also what we are called to be rooted in, same question, are we rooted in love or God?. I am suggesting (sadly) from what i am reading from your posts, you know neither, because if you did, you could not help but see they are one and the same.
It appears that he prefers to separate the two.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Apparently, you deliberately left out the author of the quotes name.
It was written by the late Clark Pinnock, an influential evangelical theologian.

But from a moral perspective I would agree with his assessment.
Nope, I left nothing out http://www.city-data.com/forum/53197297-post69.html

Old 09-27-2018, 12:35 PM

4,226 posts, read 2,597,608 times
Quote:
No, I didn't say that... and sounds like we are talking past each other. You asked which God they are referring to and I attempted to answer.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
You said we are not talking about the same god. Which god is mystic, jerwade etc referring to?

When it comes to my God, I am referring to the God, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Quote:
Gabfest: It's called agape, but it seemingly expresses hate from time to time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
No, I didn't say that... and sounds like we are talking past each other. You asked which God they are referring to and I attempted to answer.
I asked what god it was and that was your answer.

The "No?" in the end of my post, means you can explain your point if I was wrong. So, agape is NOT god then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or