U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-24-2018, 10:04 PM
 
955 posts, read 146,921 times
Reputation: 70

Advertisements

It does not say to keep His name holy. It says His name is holy.

Hallowed be thy name=Your name is holy.

If people know the name they know it is holy. But they don't know His name!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-24-2018, 10:41 PM
 
20,435 posts, read 9,853,392 times
Reputation: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Folks,

Be careful on where you get your spiritual advice. We have posters calling the Lord vile names. Other like minded posters think they are morally superior to the Lord and judge His deeds as immoral using the Old Testament as their accusation.

God is sovereign. He is the Creator of all things. He owns everything. He is also perfect. Therefore, we can logically say that everything He says, every action He commits is perfect. To believe like these scoffers is senseless. They claim a god as immoral and imperfect.

Follow the One true God. Creator of all things. he left His Word to help us who He is and who we truly are.
There is no limit to the false accusers who lack integrity.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxQZQ86jJHg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2018, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,145 posts, read 942,733 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What's with the attitude? I agree with 2 tim 3:16, but I'll leave the twisting, dancing and judging God to you since you have already gained steam doing it.

Feel free to call God anything you want. All you managed to do is prove my point.

I wont help you derail the thread. Have a nice day.
I knew you would not directly answer the question. You never do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:27 AM
 
Location: New England
32,298 posts, read 21,144,034 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Believing just parts of the Bible is like saying that you are partially pregnant. You are a either believer or you are not.

The Lord is extremely clear how He feels about this behavior.

Revelation 3:16-17
So, because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
Jesus never once said you need to become a bible believer. Your bible says believe him. It's amazing you cannot see the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:28 AM
 
Location: US
28,008 posts, read 15,087,733 times
Reputation: 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is written in Leviticus 11:44 I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves along the ground. I am the LORD, who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.

It is about clean and unclean food.

Peter refers to that verse while advising Christians to "be holy" by being alert, sober and avoiding evil desires.

Vayikra - Leviticus - Chapter 11

44 For I am the Lord your God, and you shall sanctify yourselves and be holy, because I am holy, and you shall not defile yourselves through any creeping creature that crawls on the ground.


Rashi:

and you shall not defile yourselves: [This prohibition is written to make a transgressor guilty of] transgressing many negative commandments. And for [the transgression of] each negative commandment, [the perpetrator receives] lashes. This is what [the Sages said in the Talmud (Mak. 16): “If one eats a פּוּטִיתָא [a small unclean aquatic creature], one receives four series of lashes [i.e., four separate series of lashes for the four negative commandments transgressed by eating that one creature]; if one eats an ant, one receives five series of lashes; if one eats a hornet, [he receives] six series of lashes” (Mak. 16b).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:32 AM
 
Location: New England
32,298 posts, read 21,144,034 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Folks,

Be careful on where you get your spiritual advice. We have posters calling the Lord vile names. Other like minded posters think they are morally superior to the Lord and judge His deeds as immoral using the Old Testament as their accusation.

God is sovereign. He is the Creator of all things. He owns everything. He is also perfect. Therefor, we can logically say that everything He says, every action He commits is perfect. To believe like these scoffers is senseless. They claim a god as immoral and imperfect.

Follow the One true God. Creator of all things. he left His Word to help us who He is and who we truly are.


True, your bible calls that Word Jesus Christ. 2 completely unscriptural posts in a matter of hours and you are trying to warn folk about where they get spiritual advice, how can you ever be taken seriously?. So far we have one poster trying to tell us to be holy who hasn't got a clue what holiness is, one who portays God like a monster and twists everything other posters say and one who says things that contradicts the scriptures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:46 AM
 
40,168 posts, read 26,797,761 times
Reputation: 6056
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus never once said you need to become a bible believer. Your bible says believe him. It's amazing you cannot see the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:51 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 23,942,870 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
1 Peter
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
if one will not love your neighbor, the rest is all just a lie....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:56 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 23,942,870 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
That is fine as you are responsible for your own self. In this country you have the freedom to worship in a god, gods, or goddesses as you desire. However, the Christian foundation IS the Bible. We have posters consistently claiming otherwise. That is false claim and a misnomer .
evidence that the words written by men is authoritative, let alone the only true words ever written in the universe?

The problem is that no one religion is truer than another anymore than any one teaching is more moral than another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The Sum of Tingy still = 0

I believe the sum is slipping into the negatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 04:23 AM
 
3,697 posts, read 1,145,633 times
Reputation: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Our Father in heaven,
may your name be kept holy.
May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
as it is in heaven.
Give us today the food we need,
and forgive us our sins,
as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
And don't let us yield to temptation,
but rescue us from the evil one.
Ahhh, the robot chant.

Beep Boop Beep Boop amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top