U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,045 posts, read 34,328,004 times
Reputation: 10466

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Be careful on where you get your spiritual advice. We have posters calling the Lord vile names. Other like minded posters think they are morally superior to the Lord and judge His deeds as immoral using the Old Testament as their accusation.
Yes, people put God on trial and accuse Him of unholy things. They have it completely upside down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,265 posts, read 7,652,430 times
Reputation: 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Believing just parts of the Bible is like saying that you are partially pregnant. You are a either believer or you are not.

The Lord is extremely clear how He feels about this behavior.

Revelation 3:16-17
So, because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
If any of us actually believed that PARTS of the Bible had authority in their own right you would have a point because it is ridiculous to claim that ONLY part of it is authority, even more ridiculous than claiming the WHOLE thing is with all its contradicting reports and perceptions.

But SOME of us have actually encountered the authority that Jesus promised and know how to recognize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Status: "Smacking fundies." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,810 posts, read 13,413,199 times
Reputation: 11674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, people put God on trial and accuse Him of unholy things. They have it completely upside down.

So, slaughtering millions, ordering others to kill, rape, and dismember children is not unholy? You really have to twist yourself into knots to believe that vile, barbaric monster is a god-thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:17 PM
 
20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Folks,

Be careful on where you get your spiritual advice. We have posters calling the Lord vile names. Other like minded posters think they are morally superior to the Lord and judge His deeds as immoral using the Old Testament as their accusation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, people put God on trial and accuse Him of unholy things. They have it completely upside down.
What is on trial is yours and their comprehension, not the true and living God. And the only reason you are questioned is due to the fact that you condone their behaviors, while attempting to support the atrocities. If you were not, then you would understand where people are coming from. Like I have said, numerous times, quit putting on the undergarments of other people who saw their god as being vengeful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 03:21 PM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, people put God on trial and accuse Him of unholy things. They have it completely upside down.
Stop lying, no one is putting God on trial, they are dismissing your portrayal of God and your opinion of just because someone in the bible said a vile act was the work of God it's got to be. Those same people if they lived today in the light of the knowledge of Jesus Christ would be appalled they made that claim, yet you bibleans refuse to repent from such erroneous beliefs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 05:51 PM
 
954 posts, read 242,028 times
Reputation: 289
A quick recap about posters and their ridicule of God’s Word...

Many claim that they receive “special knowledge” of godly things from a spirit that whispers them truths. Others proclaim they believe in parts of the Bible except major portions that they feel is wrong, corrupted, or immoral. These groups of individuals mock the Lord continually calling Him vile names and accusing Him of being immoral

Anyone who can reason know they are poisonous. Do not let them lead you to destruction.

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 06:02 PM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
These groups of individuals mock the Lord continually calling Him vile names and accusing Him of being immoral

]
Simply not true and you know it. No one as said God is a monster, they have said your perception and image of god is. I will remind you of how your bible describes Jesus Christ...Are you ready for this?.


He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature
Heb 1:3

Now, show me Jesus Christ bearing the nature of anything attributed to God in the OT by "men" who did not know Jesus Christ. What you do not see is you are holding to the same concept of God that these men that did not know Jesus Christ did, which to me mind boggling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,045 posts, read 34,328,004 times
Reputation: 10466
It gets old to hear people call God a monster, and when they are called out they walk it back and say "no, I meant the OT god, which is only your perception of god". So, basically they say God is a monster, or they say God does not exist, it is only a perception. I don't know which is worse, but the Bible predicted that many will blasphemy God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 07:11 PM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It gets old to hear people call God a monster, and when they are called out they walk it back and say "no, I meant the OT god, which is only your perception of god". So, basically they say God is a monster, or they say God does not exist, it is only a perception. I don't know which is worse, but the Bible predicted that many will blasphemy God.
No, i mean the perception of your god. Justify your perception of God in the light of Jesus Christ the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature. Of cause you won't because you can't so you being evasive with your beliefs is your way forward (we can see right thrrough it)rather than humbling yourself and admitting you cannot correlate your false perception of God with Jesus Christ the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 PM
 
20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is on trial is yours and their comprehension, not the true and living God. And the only reason you are questioned is due to the fact that you condone their behaviors, while attempting to support the atrocities. If you were not, then you would understand where people are coming from. Like I have said, numerous times, quit putting on the undergarments of other people who saw their god as being vengeful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It gets old to hear people call God a monster, and when they are called out they walk it back and say "no, I meant the OT god, which is only your perception of god". So, basically they say God is a monster, or they say God does not exist, it is only a perception. I don't know which is worse, but the Bible predicted that many will blasphemy God.
What is old is your twisting what people say, and it is you who blasphemies God.
For some reason, you believe your god is vengeful; and crucifies the innocent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top