U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2018, 05:15 PM
 
954 posts, read 243,636 times
Reputation: 289

Advertisements

This site is has a lot of posters that do nothing but behave like zoo monkeys throwing feces. They have lost ability to reason.

They think the Old Testament Lord as cruel. Yet, daily the quantity of people that go through incredible pain and horrific death dwarfs the amount of people that were under God’s sovereign directive to be eliminated. So, why is not today’s God mocked and ridiculed?

The mockers and accusers are nothing more than haters of God’s Word. Their way leads to eternal separation.

Last edited by SumTingy; 09-26-2018 at 05:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2018, 05:19 PM
 
Location: New England
32,302 posts, read 21,155,366 times
Reputation: 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
This site is has a lot of posters that do nothing but behave like zoo monkeys throwing feces. They have been so corruped with sin that have lost ability to reason.

They think the Old Testament Lord as cruel. Yet, daily the quantity of people that go through incredible pain and horrific death dwarfs the amount of people that were under God’s sovereign directive to be eliminated. So, why is not today’s God mocked and ridiculed?

The mockers and accusers are nothing more than haters of God’s Word. Their way leads to eternal separation.
Tantrums don't suit you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 06:11 PM
 
20,448 posts, read 9,860,175 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Please, find and quote me where I have ever said God is a monster ...or continue your false accusations.



I let him know that even some of his fundamentalist cohorts have said that he needed to stop twisting their words as well. When a person does what he does, they are nothing less than a habitual liar, and we all know what happens to them, according to his doctrine.
Quote:
"Everlasting torment is intolerable from a moral point of view because it makes God into a bloodthirsty monster who maintains an everlasting Auschwitz (a concentration camp) for victims whom he does not even allow to die."

Written by the late Clark Pinnock, an influential evangelical theologian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, what was easy. Your post. You posted that (a quote), because you agree with that view, and if you were even half honest, you'd admit you agree with other posters who routinely make posts like that. If that is not the case, just say so.

Any other false accusations you want to take back?

What is it about you and your "tribe" always saying things, and then denying it along with fake accusations against people who point it out.
There is no such thing as everlasting or eternal torment, so we are not speaking about the same God.
I would say that it is you who makes him into a bloodthirsty monster, not those who know the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 07:32 PM
Status: "Watching America made small." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,904 posts, read 13,469,145 times
Reputation: 11710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
This site is has a lot of posters that do nothing but behave like zoo monkeys throwing feces. They have lost ability to reason.

They think the Old Testament Lord as cruel. Yet, daily the quantity of people that go through incredible pain and horrific death dwarfs the amount of people that were under God’s sovereign directive to be eliminated. So, why is not today’s God mocked and ridiculed?

The mockers and accusers are nothing more than haters of God’s Word. Their way leads to eternal separation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Tantrums don't suit you.

I think they do. He whines like a two-year-old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 11:55 PM
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,356 posts, read 1,364,255 times
Reputation: 2655
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Believing just parts of the Bible is like saying that you are partially pregnant. You are a either believer or you are not.

The Lord is extremely clear how He feels about this behavior.

Revelation 3:16-17
So, because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

I neither believe in, nor follow the Bible. I believe in and follow Christ, whom the Bible points to. The Bible cannot and did not save me. Christ did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 11:57 PM
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,356 posts, read 1,364,255 times
Reputation: 2655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
IIRC, what has been said is that God could be viewed as a wrathful monster by the way he was portrayed in most of the OT. "God" orders children and woman and animals killed, etc. You all know the stories, no need to retell them here.

Of course from our vantage point it's obvious that the people who wrote those things used God to justify their own terrible human acts. Hence why so many of us turn away from the belief that the Bible is literally what God said and did. It simply isn't true, but it's a lesson not to do the same thing in our own age.

That was good, MQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,356 posts, read 1,364,255 times
Reputation: 2655
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
That is fine as you are responsible for your own self. In this country you have the freedom to worship in a god, gods, or goddesses as you desire. However, the Christian foundation IS the Bible. We have posters consistently claiming otherwise. That is false claim and a misnomer .

The Christian foundation is Christ. Not the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 AM
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,356 posts, read 1,364,255 times
Reputation: 2655
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Even in our lifetime, a President claimed God told him to invade and attack another country, and we know what sort of fruit that brought to the world. A lot of men have said and written "God said, do this, or that" and it was a lie they made up and wrote down or worse yet, acted on. If you think God is telling you to do something or to interpret a writing, be sure you filter it with Agape love, otherwise you will be listening to the wrong voice and following a voice that is not from God.

Good words, Rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2018, 01:10 AM
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,356 posts, read 1,364,255 times
Reputation: 2655
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
A quick recap about posters and their ridicule of God’s Word...

Many claim that they receive “special knowledge” of godly things from a spirit that whispers them truths. Others proclaim they believe in parts of the Bible except major portions that they feel is wrong, corrupted, or immoral. These groups of individuals mock the Lord continually calling Him vile names and accusing Him of being immoral

Anyone who can reason know they are poisonous. Do not let them lead you to destruction.

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.

None of us, not one of us have claimed special knowledge from God.



Most everything in God comes down to hearing His voice. That is why the doctrine that says that God does not speak today is so insidious and dangerous. It attacks the very heart of our walk with God. If God does not speak then faith, specific obedience, and His direct involvement in our lives all falls apart. Faith, the Bible says, comes from hearing, and hearing comes from someone speaking, and that Someone is God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2018, 01:22 AM
 
32,456 posts, read 17,786,516 times
Reputation: 35109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
This site is has a lot of posters that do nothing but behave like zoo monkeys throwing feces. They have lost ability to reason.

They think the Old Testament Lord as cruel. Yet, daily the quantity of people that go through incredible pain and horrific death dwarfs the amount of people that were under God’s sovereign directive to be eliminated. So, why is not today’s God mocked and ridiculed?

The mockers and accusers are nothing more than haters of God’s Word. Their way leads to eternal separation.
"God's sovereign directive to be eliminated."

Like foreskins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top