U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 12:43 AM

20,402 posts, read 9,828,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
ham the spam is a bot. cut copy paste repeat.
Did you mean to say that Mr. Hannibal Flavius was a parasite or the larva of the botfly which passes through the host by the means of a bowel movement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 08:15 AM

8,671 posts, read 3,105,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It tells me that my own beliefs differ from yours and his, and his is inclusive of ALL people while yours is limited to ONLY those you believe are believers? Personally, I do not believe we have ever been separated from that which brought about our existence. And we never will be.
Inclusive of what exactly?
That no one has the Holy Spirit.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Either, everyone has the Spirit abiding in them or no one does.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Do you remember what i said about the cup?

The offer being available doesnt equate to a force of will upon another.
And i can only deduce by what you are implying is that The Creator of the universe is reduced to an autocratic non personal function bot.

did i hear you correctly?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:30 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,170,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
People had the spirit of God before Pentecost came, The rain of Pentecost was something else.
I hear you, I think. It’s those that think they have received some special anointing from God (which they call the baptism of the Holy Spirit or whatever) giving them elite “super powers” that you take issue with?

Old 10-17-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
It tells me that my own beliefs differ from yours and his, and his is inclusive of ALL people while yours is limited to ONLY those you believe are believers? Personally, I do not believe we have ever been separated from that which brought about our existence. And we never will be.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you remember what i said about the cup?

The offer being available doesn't equate to a force of will upon another.

And i can only deduce by what you are implying is that The Creator of the universe is reduced to an autocratic non personal function bot.

did i hear you correctly?
I never said anything is forced. Neither, do I consider the Spirit that dwells within to be a parasite?
And the Spirit is a part of each and everyone of us, whether someone recognizes that or not.

Religious beliefs do not make you or I greater than anyone else in this world.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I never said anything is forced. Neither, do I consider the Spirit that dwells within to be a parasite?
And the Spirit is a part of each and everyone of us, whether someone recognizes that or not.

Ive said the same many times and so have the prophets and disciples.

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands.
And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood.
And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7

For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:22 PM

5,655 posts, read 4,881,665 times
People that have a relationship with God ,have God's influence and intervention.
People with only religion do not have these advantages .
People that have wheedled the name of Jesus successfully are not certified of God .
The power of Jesus name is not limited .other wise you would have no opportunity to come to God at all .
Matthew 7;21,22,23 Jesus warned judgment about those that used Jesus name to their own means, and not in any obedience of a relationship Jesus provided through the Holy Spirit .
KNOW ALL THE THINGS JESUS SAID.
"that" will get you further ahead .

Old 10-17-2018, 12:38 PM

14,818 posts, read 4,970,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I hear you, I think. It’s those that think they have received some special anointing from God (which they call the baptism of the Holy Spirit or whatever) giving them elite “super powers” that you take issue with?
I don't take much of an issue, just saying, the rain and power of Penecost is designed to come and go away as the seasonal rain does, but the second promised rain does not go away,it circumcises. I still believe people have a spirit but what we witness in the New Testanent was sheer power and now Christinity claims to still have that power, they look no different than any religion claiming a holy spirit which has no power.

If the Holy spirit is teaching everyone, then everyone would agree.

I don't know anyone that has the power to lay hands on anyone, and this is not to say that I don't believe in miracles, I just don't see anyone with the power to heal or raise the dead and if there was one person with the same power as they had in NT days, everyone would know his name. I claimed that I had the power of the Holy spirit for almost 40 years, I just no longer believe anyone has the rain because I see no rain, and more than this, it was a designed rain with a specific plan for a certain era and Paul even says this, the spirit will come and go as it is meant to, as the seasonal rain is designed.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Ive said the same many times and so have the prophets and disciples.

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands.

And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony.

Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Apparently, you are using the verses you quoted to point to yourself as one who has obtained based on what they believe? Personally, I have no problem with the Spirit and life of Christ testifying to this water bearer, nor am I in disagreement with the way and truth of how we should walk in this world.

Especially, when it come to loving our neighbors as ourselves without condemning them or ourselves. And I have a deep concern for the equality of humanity and the individual freedoms to choose the path before us. We can either follow in his footsteps without condemning other people, or we can exalt ourselves and be humbled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or