U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2019, 05:02 PM
 
1,382 posts, read 487,757 times
Reputation: 100

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisnotmyname View Post
anyone think that they committed this sin? anyone feel like they were rejected by God? please message me if they have, and please message me if you have sinned against God till He forsook you, and then got back to Him.
I don't think God "rejects" anyone per se. He brings judgment onto their heads. Some sins require a judgment of death. The "blasphemy" is when someone rejects God, such as the Spirit of God, such as the Spirit of Revelation, such as "the Word of God". Now apparently, that would be pretty much the whole of "Christianity" who think that the "Word of God", the law and the prophets is "obsolete" (Hebrews 8:13). Can they escape? Well Zechariah 2:7 & Revelation 18:4 seems to indicate they can. Of course, that would mean they would have to "come out of her", the "her" being the "daughter of Babylon", which includes the "Christian" churches.

1 John 5:…16 If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he should ask God, who will give life to those who commit this kind of sin. There is a sin that leads to death; I am not saying he should ask regarding that sin. 17All unrighteousness is sin, yet there is sin that does not lead to death. 18We know that anyone born of God does not keep on sinning; the One who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him.…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2019, 05:49 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,109,191 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
I don't think God "rejects" anyone per se. He brings judgment onto their heads. Some sins require a judgment of death. The "blasphemy" is when someone rejects God, such as the Spirit of God, such as the Spirit of Revelation, such as "the Word of God". Now apparently, that would be pretty much the whole of "Christianity" who think that the "Word of God", the law and the prophets is "obsolete" (Hebrews 8:13). Can they escape? Well Zechariah 2:7 & Revelation 18:4 seems to indicate they can. Of course, that would mean they would have to "come out of her", the "her" being the "daughter of Babylon", which includes the "Christian" churches.

1 John 5:…16 If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he should ask God, who will give life to those who commit this kind of sin. There is a sin that leads to death; I am not saying he should ask regarding that sin. 17All unrighteousness is sin, yet there is sin that does not lead to death. 18We know that anyone born of God does not keep on sinning; the One who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him.…
Errancy comes from both the wicked and those who lean on there own understanding.

Those that lean on the Lord in the spirit of knowledge and understanding hear the voice of the wise counselor while exploring the terrain of the Torah.

Ole sh'aul, (paul was given wisdom when struck blind for a certain amount of days.

The curse(letter of divorce) law that is annulled is a profound mystery only to those who ignore the generational ordinances of Torah.
I.e the letter to the Hebrews.

And with Wisdom what was it Yeshua said about oaths and blood?

Continuing with the purity of wisdom is something ole sh,aul carried to all that were called gentile because they intermarried with their neighbors.
Look closer at the account in acts and you will find a man married to a Jewish woman that sh,aul spoke to boldly, " I know you believe the prophets"

Blessed be the eternal throne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 08:09 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,109,191 times
Reputation: 408
The murderers will be dealt with swiftly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 08:16 PM
 
40,099 posts, read 26,761,498 times
Reputation: 6050
Default Blasphemy against the Lord is the most grievous of sins

Wrong. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit of agape love who IS God means to NOT have love in your heart. What you become is determined by the amount of love in you. If there is NO love in you, that is the ONLY blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (Agape love) and cannot be forgiven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 08:40 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,109,191 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit of agape love who IS God means to NOT have love in your heart. What you become is determined by the amount of love in you. If there is NO love in you, that is the ONLY blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (Agape love) and cannot be forgiven.
And a murderer loves just as cain did. Keep diginging your own grave with the shovel of your own understanding.

Sound judgement never fails the righteous.

As I stated before

Murder is the unforgivable sin and slander is its companion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
14,875 posts, read 4,982,617 times
Reputation: 1513
Nobody knows what blaspheming the spirit is, everyone pretends that they know for sure, but they don't. In the same place it is speaking of blasphemy, Jesus s saying that you can speak against him and be forgiven, that you can choose not to keep the laws of Moses and EVEN teach people not to keep the laws and still be forgiven but blasphemy of the spirit will not be forgiven and frankly, MY OPINION assures me that nobody has the propensity to blaspheme the holy spirit because they would have to have the holy spirit to do that, and nobody has the spirit given on Shavuot, especially not people in other religions who don't believe in keeping the 7 feasts of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,139 posts, read 940,803 times
Reputation: 1024
Not learning of God's ways and walking in them brings it's own judgement. It's a law of the spirit that can be, in a sense, compared with a law of nature in that, if you break laws of the spirit or of nature, they both bring negative outcomes. A fool does not learn from his/her mistakes.

One thing I've thought about quite a lot lately is nuclear power and weapons. Man had to break the laws of nature to create this monstrosity and will it break devastating consequences upon the whole human family? Could be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 11:00 PM
 
1,382 posts, read 487,757 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Nobody knows what blaspheming the spirit is, everyone pretends that they know for sure, but they don't. In the same place it is speaking of blasphemy, Jesus s saying that you can speak against him and be forgiven, that you can choose not to keep the laws of Moses and EVEN teach people not to keep the laws and still be forgiven but blasphemy of the spirit will not be forgiven and frankly, MY OPINION assures me that nobody has the propensity to blaspheme the holy spirit because they would have to have the holy spirit to do that, and nobody has the spirit given on Shavuot, especially not people in other religions who don't believe in keeping the 7 feasts of Christ.

Again, you mix up the testimony of Yeshua with the testimony of the false prophet Paul. No wonder you are so confused. Yeshua never taught that you can choose not to keep the laws of Moses, that was Paul. Yeshua said you have to keep "the smallest letter" "until heaven and earth pass away" (Matthew 5:18).


I think the blasphemy is to reject the LORD's prophets, and the "Word of God", and take up with the false prophets. The false prophets lead the "many" to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13-15). Once you go down that road, how are you going to get back? You will be like Sisyphus, pushing the stone up a hill, and never reaching the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 11:02 PM
 
1,382 posts, read 487,757 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Not learning of God's ways and walking in them brings it's own judgement. It's a law of the spirit that can be, in a sense, compared with a law of nature in that, if you break laws of the spirit or of nature, they both bring negative outcomes. A fool does not learn from his/her mistakes.

One thing I've thought about quite a lot lately is nuclear power and weapons. Man had to break the laws of nature to create this monstrosity and will it break devastating consequences upon the whole human family? Could be.

Such happy thoughts. More interesting is the scientific pursue of opening a black hole at the Fermi labs. Try living with a black hole in your back yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 11:11 PM
 
11,265 posts, read 11,276,606 times
Reputation: 3464
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I thought "all sins are equal"?

No. Some sins are "more equal" than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top