U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 09:15 AM

954 posts, read 243,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
OMG, that might be the funniest thing I've heard in a year! I needed that belly laugh
this morning to start my day! Many thanks Hannibal! (My way to put your name in lights...
I declare this Your Day to Have Fun, pretend it's your birthday!)
And again the acronym of ‘oh my ...’ is a form of referencing the Lord in a disrespectful manner. I know much of this is due to ignorance or simply not caring. But I find the hypocrisy a bit weighty.

You can behave in this manner but saying something like ‘that pink shirt on that guy is so g...y’, it would have the post deleted immediately and most likely suffer a suspension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 09:28 AM

25,904 posts, read 13,463,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
And again the acronym of ‘oh my ...’ is a form of referencing the Lord in a disrespectful manner. I know much of this is due to ignorance or simply not caring. But I find the hypocrisy a bit weighty.

You can behave in this manner but saying something like ‘that pink shirt on that guy is so g...y’, it would have the post deleted immediately and most likely suffer a suspension.

Sad that you worship a god-thing that is so petty that it gets its panties in a wad over the use of "OMG."

Old 09-29-2018, 09:43 AM

32,456 posts, read 17,786,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Sad that you worship a god-thing that is so petty that it gets its panties in a wad over the use of "OMG."
Sometimes I say "Oh My Buddha" just to give god a break.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

You're a good man, redbird.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:58 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,874,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He did not condemn sin by condemning the sinner. He did not come to condemn the world but to save it from the self condemnation it was under due to it's pre conceived ideas those in darkness had imprisoned themselves with about how God viewed them.

God condemned sin in the flesh, in other words he condemned the effect it has on us in our standing with the Father. So we can now live in his forgiveness or choose to remain ignorant and under the condemnation of sin which now has been rendered powerless, which the likes of you live under and attempt to cast the gullible under.
I see right through your semantics and use of false accusations. Moderator cut: Personal attacks removed.

In Jesus' righteous indignation, He exclaimed:

Luke 11
[47] Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
[48] Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
[49] Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
[50] That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
[51] From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
[52] Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-30-2018 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: Reference to previously removed insults edited out.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I see right through your semantics and use of false accusations. Moderator cut: Portion removed.

In Jesus' righteous indignation, He exclaimed:

Luke 11
[47] Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
[48] Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
[49] Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
[50] That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
[51] From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
[52] Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Amazing that there a people alive in 2018 who take that biblical babbling seriously.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-30-2018 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:26 PM

20,447 posts, read 9,856,466 times
Quote:
God has used many sinners to accomplish His good work. Noah resisted the Lord’s will. Moses commited murder. David was an adulterer. However, the Lord never uses one who mocks Him and His authority. So, does God view scoffers much worse than lying, thieving, murdering adulterers? Very possible.

Do not put your trust or belief in those who behave in this manner. To be considered worse than a murderer is something to be fearful about. For these trangressions (transgressions), great repentence (repentance) is required.
Quote:
Moderator cut: Quoted post has been removed.
According to SumThingy that would be Noah, Mosses and David, or was it only David and Mosses and God murdered the rest of humanity with the exception of Noah and his family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He did not condemn sin by condemning the sinner. He did not come to condemn the world but to save it from the self condemnation it was under due to it's pre conceived ideas those in darkness had imprisoned themselves with about how God viewed them.

God condemned sin in the flesh, in other words he condemned the effect it has on us in our standing with the Father. So we can now live in his forgiveness or choose to remain ignorant and under the condemnation of sin which now has been rendered powerless, which the likes of you live under and attempt to cast the gullible under.
You do know that this will fall on the hard of hearing?
Although I can appreciate what was said by you.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-30-2018 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: One of the quoted posts has been removed.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:29 PM

14,900 posts, read 4,998,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I am always saying,'' For Odin's sake,'' and I always like to use the term Kevin Costner used in that Golf movie,'' A little wind from the Gods.'' People always look at me funny when I say Gods instead of God.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:43 PM

20,447 posts, read 9,856,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
OMG, that might be the funniest thing I've heard in a year! I needed that belly laugh
this morning to start my day! Many thanks Hannibal! (My way to put your name in lights...
I declare this Your Day to Have Fun, pretend it's your birthday!)
Quote:

OMG, you can't be serious? And, men or women can wear pink, as a matter of fact!

Old 09-29-2018, 12:57 PM

14,900 posts, read 4,998,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
OMG, you can't be serious? And, men or women can wear pink, as a matter of fact!
I can't figure out what the g...y means...........

O no, men can't wear Pink, and maybe Miss Hepburn needs a timeout for that disrespectful post....

O, THAT Miss Hepburn, how dare her use my name with pink letters, I am taking out my book with my crayons to keep a record of these gross misrepresentations, and Miss Hepburn was already in my book, one more strike and I will have my vengeance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or