U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:49 PM

14,818 posts, read 4,973,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Just Your opinion but lets see what the Lords says about it

Matthew 12:36-37, Jesus explained: “But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned.”

Hallowed be your name” Matt. 6:9

Exodus 9:16
16 But for this purpose I have raised you up, to show you my power, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 14:26

26 But the aHelper, the Holy Spirit, bwhom the Father will send in my name, che will teach you all things and dbring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Thou shall NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN.

read the Bible in context. His name is for glory, salvation, in power. It is not to be used flippently or to show distaste or disgust.
You don't have to Holy spirit, and what you are assuming and claiming falsely is that you are claiming a spirit and a gift from a feast of Messiah called Pentecost while I serious doubt that you even accept Pentecost, much less, Passover of Sukkot.

Most all Christians claim a power on high when in fact, they can do nothing for a child's cancer, much more to cure out an entire hospitals by the suppose gift gave the on Pentecost when in fact, they teach against Pentecost and the betrothal to certain people who would completely accept the ways of God to have Pagan worship system by which merry, it there in nothing to it, the we are back in Canada with tar showslllll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 12:27 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,914,063 times
Quote:
Referencing the Lord in a disrespectful manner is most certaintly a grave sin. For those claiming to be Christian, show reverence to the Creator.
provide a biblical example of "disrespectful manner?"

Old 10-03-2018, 03:58 PM

21,960 posts, read 22,122,586 times
Quote:
God has used many sinners to accomplish His good work. Noah resisted the Lord’s will. Moses commited murder. David was an adulterer. However, the Lord never uses one who mocks Him and His authority. So, does God view scoffers much worse than lying, thieving, murdering adulterers? Very possible.

Do not put your trust or belief in those who behave in this manner. To be considered worse than a murderer is something to be fearful about. For these trangressions, great repentence is required.
Actually, it's blasphemy against the Holy Ghost that is the most grievous of sins. Matthew 12:32 states, "And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." The "Lord" is the "Son of Man," not the Holy Ghost. Besides, where'd you get the idea that a "blasphemer" is another word for a "scoffer"? A blasphemer may be a scoffer, but a scoffer isn't necessarily blaspheming.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:33 PM

40,066 posts, read 26,744,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, it's blasphemy against the Holy Ghost that is the most grievous of sins. Matthew 12:32 states, "And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." The "Lord" is the "Son of Man," not the Holy Ghost. Besides, where'd you get the idea that a "blasphemer" is another word for a "scoffer"? A blasphemer may be a scoffer, but a scoffer isn't necessarily blaspheming.
You are correct, Katz, but we disagree about what that means since you see sin as disobedience to God. I see sin as error. God IS Spirit. God IS Holy. God IS Agape love. Therefore the Holy Spirit IS Agape Love. When you do NOT have agape love in your heart, you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit. When you DO have agape love in your heart, you are born of God and know God. Since we are supposed to be born of God, when we do NOT have love in our heart that is an error that cannot be forgiven.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:37 PM

5,140 posts, read 2,532,429 times
Quote:
God has used many sinners to accomplish His good work. Noah resisted the Lord’s will. Moses commited murder. David was an adulterer. However, the Lord never uses one who mocks Him and His authority. So, does God view scoffers much worse than lying, thieving, murdering adulterers? Very possible.
I find it interesting that you did Not make it clear that the ^ above ^ mentioned people repented after they sinned.

There is the warning for our day found at 2nd Peter 3:3 about those ridiculers lacking faith, Not for lack of evidence.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:37 PM

21,960 posts, read 22,122,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are correct, Katz, but we disagree about what that means since you see sin as disobedience to God. I see sin as error. God IS Spirit. God IS Holy. God IS Agape love. Therefore the Holy Spirit IS Agape Love. When you do NOT have agape love in your heart, you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit. When you DO have agape love in your heart, you are born of God and know God. Since we are supposed to be born of God, when we do NOT have love in our heart that is an error that cannot be forgiven.
I agree with you more than you realize, Mystic. I believe that each of us was born with the light of Christ in our heart. A person doesn't even have to believe in God to have Christ's light burning within him. I see sin not so much as "disobedience to God" as "disobedience to one's conscience." I can make an error without it being a sin, but when I go against my conscience tells me, I am sinning. I don't need a book or a preacher to tell me what's right and what's wrong when I listen to the voice of the Holy Ghost.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:40 PM

5,140 posts, read 2,532,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Your doctrine of eternal damnation is a fallacy, yet you continually try to justify it.
Kind of smacks God right in the face with such a contemptible blasphemy.
If eternal damnation (destruction) is fallacy then how does one explain that the wicked will be destroyed forever- Psalm 92:7
Only the upright will remain as per Proverbs 2:21-22.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth (Isaiah 11:3-4) will rid the Earth of the wicked.- Revelation 19:14-16.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree with you more than you realize, Mystic. I believe that each of us was born with the light of Christ in our heart. A person doesn't even have to believe in God to have Christ's light burning within him. I see sin not so much as "disobedience to God" as "disobedience to one's conscience." I can make an error without it being a sin, but when I go against my conscience tells me, I am sinning. I don't need a book or a preacher to tell me what's right and what's wrong when I listen to the voice of the Holy Ghost.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:18 PM

25,820 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
If eternal damnation (destruction) is fallacy then how does one explain that the wicked will be destroyed forever- Psalm 92:7
The executional words from Jesus' mouth (Isaiah 11:3-4) will rid the Earth of the wicked.- Revelation 19:14-16.
Don't believe everything you read.

My wise old great-grandmother might have told me that. If she didn't, she probably meant to.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
You use the primitive understanding of refinement as destruction because they had no conception of the status of their consciousness. Every wicked thought or action that corrupts our consciousness is the dross that will be refined out either by repentance through agape love while we are alive or in the consuming fire of God's love after death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or