Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:16 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But the truth is that they are NOT hypocrites in their hearts, they just ignore their hearts in the mistaken belief that what is "written in ink" is superior to what God has "written in their hearts." They do NOT believe in the New Covenant. They retain the Old Covenant "written in ink and stone" as a sign of their faith in God. It is a corruption of Christ's Gospel of love, but they are NOT willfully corrupting it. They have been brainwashed to believe in the infallibility and inerrancy of a Book - as preposterous as that may seem to most rational people.
Do you just copy and paste, since this ^^^ is your standard answer for everything? I hope so-it’s a real time-saver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 03:39 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Do you just copy and paste, since this ^^^ is your standard answer for everything? I hope so - it’s a real time-saver.
::Sigh:: So typically ungracious and close-minded of you, Jimmie. Nothing I post has any animus or ill-feelings attached. I am simply acknowledging what you THINK is a legitimate reason to conflate contradictory beliefs as if they are all God's will and to ignore what I KNOW must be "written in your heart." Regrettably, your posts seem unable to refrain from animus and angst over any questioning of your preposterous infallibility dogma.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
::Sigh:: So typically ungracious and close-minded of you, Jimmie. Nothing I post has any animus or ill-feelings attached. I am simply acknowledging what you THINK is a legitimate reason to conflate contradictory beliefs as if they are all God's will and to ignore what I KNOW must be "written in your heart." Regrettably, your posts seem unable to refrain from animus and angst over any questioning of your preposterous infallibility dogma.
Believe it or not, it is possible to believe scripture is, as the writers claim, written under the direction of the Spirit AND love Christ and others.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Believe it or not, it is possible to believe scripture is, as the writers claim, written under the direction of the Spirit AND love Christ and others.
You always leave out the part that they are "written BY IGNORANT PRIMITIVE men" under the direction of the Spirit. It was not and never was BY DICTATION of the Spirit. It was and remains INTERPRETED using the lack of knowledge and barbaric superstitious beliefs of primitives who were only capable of understanding "carnal milk," at best, and certainly not capable of any higher spiritual understanding. You ignore that reality at your peril as you follow those primitive superstitions to your final fate. Fortunately, the real Good News is that God loves us ALL, is NOT counting our errors against us, and understands your true "state of mind," misguided as it is by your religious dogma.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
You always leave out the part that they are "written BY IGNORANT PRIMITIVE men" under the direction of the Spirit. It was not and never was BY DICTATION of the Spirit. It was and remains INTERPRETED using the lack of knowledge and barbaric superstitious beliefs of primitives who were only capable of understanding "carnal milk," at best, and certainly not capable of any higher spiritual understanding. You ignore that reality at your peril as you follow those primitive superstitions to your final fate. Fortunately, the real Good News is that God loves us ALL, is NOT counting our errors against us, and understands your true "state of mind," misguided as it is by your religious dogma.
Impossible, if directed by the Spirit. Otherwise, the presence of God’s Spirit means nothing.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:28 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
Endless infinite tortures are deserved for any single sin?

If a single sin deserved endless torments, then does one who reaches the age of accountability (at 5,10, or 15 years of age, etc), commits one sin & dies, deserve to spend unending ages in torments? If so, then that’s like Augustine’s doctrine that unbaptized babies will suffer in hell forever.

A Calvinist site says "...eternity in hell [is] the just punishment for sin, no matter how long one’s earthly life lasted." https://www.gotquestions.org/eternity-hell-just.html

https://www.christianforums.com/thre...nster.8042349/

The true living God' 4 main attributes = Love, wisdom, power and justice. He taught all perfect justice= an eye for an eye, perfect balance, uncorruptable.

So for 70-100 years of unrepented sin the true God could not condemn one to trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of punishment--only a sadist would have such a reality. God is Love--Those that teach a literal eternal suffering do not know the true living God-YHVH(Jehovah)-- run from them. Jesus warned most wouldn't know him. John 15:20-21)

Old 09-28-2018, 05:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Impossible, if directed by the Spirit. Otherwise, the presence of God’s Spirit means nothing.
Jesus Christ would not say or do the majority of the things credited to God in the OT. For Jesus Christ to be the exact representation of all that God is, God must have repented from the way he was depicted back then.Remember they did not know Jesus Christ so how possibly could they be speaking of the reality of all that God is. Much of what they wrote was not by the Spirit, but what they thought was Spirit. We just destroyed our enemies it must have been God, pity Jesus wasn't around back them to say, don't you buggers dare right that down an blame my Father and i for that.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:59 PM

903 posts, read 582,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Balderdash with a side order of complete nonsense and bovine excrement for dessert. They "serve" to save their ass from their god-thing and to add more $heep to fleece for their earthly masters.
Most missionaries are already saved. They serve as a response to the salvation not for salvation.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. WE have Dominion here and we are NOT robots controlled by the Holy Spirit. Understanding and following the Holy Spirit is entirely up to us and our capabilities. Pretending that we are robots under control of the Holy Spirit is worse than blasphemy. It violates the Sovereign Will of God who gave us Dominion and Free Will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus Christ would not say or do the majority of the things credited to God in the OT. For Jesus Christ to be the exact representation of all that God is, God must have repented from the way he was depicted back then.Remember they did not know Jesus Christ so how possibly could they be speaking of the reality of all that God is. Much of what they wrote was not by the Spirit, but what they thought was Spirit. We just destroyed our enemies it must have been God, pity Jesus wasn't around back them to say, don't you buggers write that down and blame my Father and me for that.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
It may mean nothing to you, but the Bible is not the living Spirit that dwells within humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity