U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2018, 08:51 AM
Status: "Watching America made small." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,904 posts, read 13,463,542 times
Reputation: 11710

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear partially gruntled TroutDude: Thank you for your input on this thread.

Does being gruntled hurt? Why not go into full gruntle?

You're welcome.


No, being disgruntled hurts. Full-on gruntled is for younger folk. I'm 67 and still fairly frisky but I don't kid myself. Hence - partially gruntled and grateful for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2018, 09:50 AM
Status: "Unfailing Love Exceeding Grace" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,355 posts, read 909,737 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You're welcome.


No, being disgruntled hurts. Full-on gruntled is for younger folk. I'm 67 and still fairly frisky but I don't kid myself. Hence - partially gruntled and grateful for it.
Dear TroutDude: You are a mere lad. Stop being partially gruntled and strive to graduate into complete gruntle. I am now in my 77th year & will not rest until full gruntle consumes me.

Well, my friend, there is another fine day breaking upon us in gruntle land. May it be a good one for you and yours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2018, 02:04 PM
 
20,447 posts, read 9,856,466 times
Reputation: 1681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love.
For what power has love; but that of forgiveness.

However, no one has ever said, it was easy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions.
I never said otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2018, 02:42 PM
 
Location: New England
32,302 posts, read 21,149,668 times
Reputation: 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions.
True, but i like anyone who is up front about them, regardless of whether i agree with them or not, instead of sitting on the fence of no conviction. We cannot help but follow our convictions, they always take us to our destiny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2018, 03:33 PM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,600,103 times
Reputation: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
True, but i like anyone who is up front about them, regardless of whether i agree with them or not, instead of sitting on the fence of no conviction. We cannot help but follow our convictions, they always take us to our destiny.
Is this your version of the Golden Rule? or is it something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2018, 03:41 PM
 
Location: New England
32,302 posts, read 21,149,668 times
Reputation: 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Is this your version of the Golden Rule? or is it something else?
Never looked at it that way, why ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2018, 04:15 PM
Status: "Unfailing Love Exceeding Grace" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,355 posts, read 909,737 times
Reputation: 137
Dear pcamps: I intend on wrapping this link up shortly. What would be your response to the question prsented to me on another Board ?

"On your Pilgrimage - what would you say are your top five lessons you've learned that you would pass on to other believers?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Status: "Unfailing Love Exceeding Grace" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,355 posts, read 909,737 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear friends:I post on another Board. On that board is a man from the British Isles who asked me a question that made me dig into the depths of my experience in God for a response . I have made the response to him which I will post later for any that are interested. If you are not interested I will post my response regardless LOL.

How would YOU respond?


"On your Pilgrimage - what would you say are your top five lessons you've learned that you would pass on to other believers?"

#1. "But God". Yes, if the Living One does not open our pathway to Himself, all is a futile attempt on our part. If He does not reach out and grasp us by the Spirit, we labour in vain.

Linked with that Reach of His, is the hunger that He places within those destined to be His, as the "especially" of His grace.

As a young lad of 12, sitting with my wonderful parents in a major Church denomination in our land, I just knew beyond any shadow of doubt, He was, and until the great longing in my heart and spirit were quenched, I would never be!

Let's just leave it there for now.

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 10-02-2018 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2018, 11:35 AM
 
1,288 posts, read 2,236,189 times
Reputation: 680
1- Know yourself and seek self improvement.

2- If you're not setting a good example, you're automatically setting a bad example.

3- Stay humble.

4-Seek the tough duty.

5- In all things, give thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2018, 06:45 AM
Status: "Unfailing Love Exceeding Grace" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,355 posts, read 909,737 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
#1. "But God". Yes, if the Living One does not open our pathway to Himself, all is a futile attempt on our part. If He does not reach out and grasp us by the Spirit, we labour in vain.

Linked with that Reach of His, is the hunger that He places within those destined to be His, as the "especially" of His grace.

As a young lad of 12, sitting with my wonderful parents in a major Church denomination in our land, I just knew beyond any shadow of doubt, He was, and until the great longing in my heart and spirit were quenched, I would never be!

Let's just leave it there for now.

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?
#1. "But God".

#2. Deep hunger for Him.

#3. Humility of spirit.

#4. Surround yourself with quality.

#5. Present continuous experience in/with Him.

Humility of spirit

This is closely linked with #4, but for today "humility of spirit".

"The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatest greatness is. -Philips Brooks-

This to me sums up exactly how easy it is! Stand at your real height in the Presence of God (if you dare), and in the presence of individuals who know more than I have ever learned.

The walk with Him is an adventure into unknown territory that will take each of us into the One who "saves to the uttermost".

Each experience is unique & tailored to bring dust & Divinity into complete alignment. There are times our frail faith falls far short, but in those moments #1 is the support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top