U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2018, 05:40 AM
Status: "Wild breathtaking recovery" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,275 posts, read 895,538 times
Reputation: 132

Advertisements

Dear friends:I post on another Board. On that board is a man from the British Isles who asked me a question that made me dig into the depths of my experience in God for a response . I have made the response to him which I will post later for any that are interested. If you are not interested I will post my response regardless LOL.

How would YOU respond?


"On your Pilgrimage - what would you say are your top five lessons you've learned that you would pass on to other believers?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2018, 07:40 AM
Status: "Smacking fundies." (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,820 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Reputation: 11675
Too bad you limited the scope to believers. Could be an interesting topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 07:42 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 23,914,063 times
Reputation: 7812
1. Be kind to everyone

2. Play well with everyone

3. Push your limitations

4. Embrace diversity

5. Double Tap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,379 posts, read 12,138,366 times
Reputation: 16624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
How would YOU respond?

"On your Pilgrimage - what would you say are your top five lessons you've learned that you would pass on to other believers?"
LOVE this thread! xxxooo

Not in this order:

Do not worry
Give God all your burdens
Rely on God 100% for everything
In order to love anything you must KNOW that thing, so, be still and know God personally.
Be careful of any form of self righteousness and pride, the ego is very tricky
Get rid of your guilt that separates you from God's Divine Love, you ARE deserving of all God's gifts.
Ask, believe and receive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 10:24 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,594,044 times
Reputation: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear friends:I post on another Board. On that board is a man from the British Isles who asked me a question that made me dig into the depths of my experience in God for a response . I have made the response to him which I will post later for any that are interested. If you are not interested I will post my response regardless LOL.

How would YOU respond?


"On your Pilgrimage - what would you say are your top five lessons you've learned that you would pass on to other believers?"
1.) Treat others how you'd like to be treated.

2.) Treat the earth as you'd to like to be treated.

3.) You've never seen a U-Haul following a hearse to the cemetery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Status: "Wild breathtaking recovery" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,275 posts, read 895,538 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Too bad you limited the scope to believers. Could be an interesting topic.
My friend Trout: since you are one of my friends, and a favoured one at that, I will take it upon myself to grant an exception to the foundation (not made by Rose). What are the 5 main things you find core to what you grasp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 02:29 PM
Status: "Wild breathtaking recovery" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,275 posts, read 895,538 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
1. Be kind to everyone

2. Play well with everyone

3. Push your limitations

4. Embrace diversity

5. Double Tap
Dear zthatzmanz: Excellent! I appreciate your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Status: "Wild breathtaking recovery" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,275 posts, read 895,538 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
LOVE this thread! xxxooo

Not in this order:

Do not worry
Give God all your burdens
Rely on God 100% for everything
In order to love anything you must KNOW that thing, so, be still and know God personally.
Be careful of any form of self righteousness and pride, the ego is very tricky
Get rid of your guilt that separates you from God's Divine Love, you ARE deserving of all God's gifts.
Ask, believe and receive
Dear Miss Hepburn: I trust my answers are nearly as complete and full as yours! I already am loving the thread, as we wait (patiently) for others who may want to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Status: "Wild breathtaking recovery" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: the Kingdom of His dear Son
3,275 posts, read 895,538 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
1.) Treat others how you'd like to be treated.

2.) Treat the earth as you'd to like to be treated.

3.) You've never seen a U-Haul following a hearse to the cemetery.
Dear Gab: You have answered well, but slightly short of the 5 top lessons. Can you find it within yourself to find 2 additional lessons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 02:57 PM
Status: "Smacking fundies." (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,820 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Reputation: 11675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My friend Trout: since you are one of my friends, and a favoured one at that, I will take it upon myself to grant an exception to the foundation (not made by Rose). What are the 5 main things you find core to what you grasp?

1 - All life is connected.
2 - More things are alive than most people credit.
3 - Humans are stewards of the planet and eventually, of places beyond the planet.
4 - Be excellent to each other - except to fundies. They require rebuking, correcting, and re-training first.
5 - Kill fish meant for the table painlessly and within seconds of capture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top