U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 04:37 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,542,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No.

Everyone gets resurrected and spends eternity either in the presence of God or separated from God. The beast (the antichrist) and the false prophet are shown to still be alive after having been in the lake of fire for a thousand years. Revelation 19:20 compared with Revelation 20:2,7-10.
Reading your response to Jerwade, are you saying that when one dies and goes in the presence of the Lord is resurrected? please explain.

PICYJAG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 04:53 PM

8,113 posts, read 7,086,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
I don't believe I'm confusing anything. I don't believe the Spirit is resurrected to Life at all until the return of Christ.
I would like to see those verses that support your position.
Christ already returned at Pentecost , as it is all fulfilled through Christ ..... Sure Jesus will come back to put down the antichrist , the false prophet , and the beast and the followers of these beast down which will usher in the last dispensation before judgment day , as there is a resurrection of the body of Christ which come when antichrist is destroyed ............. Then there is the resurrection of the dead which is for the great judgment of God creation at the end of time ............ So there are three resurrections : Jesus Christ, the body of Christ , and the dead ,............... Just as there are four comings of Jesus Christ , first as Noel , then after the cross, then at Pentecost , then are the defeat of antichrist

Old 09-29-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Christ already returned at Pentecost , as it is all fulfilled through Christ ..... Sure Jesus will come back to put down the antichrist , the false prophet , and the beast and the followers of these beast down which will usher in the last dispensation before judgment day , as there is a resurrection of the body of Christ which come when antichrist is destroyed ............. Then there is the resurrection of the dead which is for the great judgment of God creation at the end of time ............ So there are three resurrections : Jesus Christ, the body of Christ , and the dead ,............... Just as there are four comings of Jesus Christ , first as Noel , then after the cross, then at Pentecost , then are the defeat of antichrist
Hijc, I agree with you on Jesus returned on Pentecost.... IN "SPIRIT", agreed. and I agree with Jesus being the "FIRST FRUIT" of those from the dead, but how do you get 3 resurrections?

second I see 1 coming, and one two fold return.

I know he came as a babe, coming 1. and return in Spirit on Pentecost and the second half of the two fold return is coming in bodily form, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen".

so where is the fourth coming?

PICYJAG.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:06 PM

21,947 posts, read 16,738,510 times
Quote:
No.

Everyone gets resurrected and spends eternity either in the presence of God or separated from God. The beast (the antichrist) and the false prophet are shown to still be alive after having been in the lake of fire for a thousand years. Revelation 19:20 compared with Revelation 20:2,7-10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Reading your response to Jerwade, are you saying that when one dies and goes in the presence of the Lord is resurrected? please explain.

PICYJAG.
No, that is not what I am saying. I've already stressed the point that the intermediate state of the believer after death is not resurrection. But eventually, everyone, whether believer or unbeliever, will be resurrected. Some to eternal life, others to disgrace and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2). And there's John 5:28.
John 5:28 "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29] and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
You said that you read the articles that I posted in post #4. If so, then you know that the scripture is stated in the articles. And I have already pointed out Revelation 20:4, so don't expect me to repeat myself for you.
Quote:
oh, ok, but those don't work, and do not say.. but thanks anyway.

PICYJAG.
What doesn't work? The links to the articles? You said in post #5 that you had already read them, or at least one of them. And if they don't work as you claim then how can you say that they don't say?

Old 09-29-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
No, that is not what I am saying. I've already stressed the point that the intermediate state of the believer after death is not resurrection. But eventually, everyone, whether believer or unbeliever, will be resurrected. Some to eternal life, others to disgrace and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2). And there's John 5:28.
John 5:28 "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29] and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
Good, ok, now I have a question. is not a body plus the spirit is a "LIVING SOUL". I refer you to Genesis 2:7

one other thing, "WHERE" was the Soul before the breath of God entered the body, where was it if existed? scripture please. thanks in advance.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Good, ok, now I have a question. is not a body plus the spirit is a "LIVING SOUL". I refer you to Genesis 2:7

one other thing, "WHERE" was the Soul before the breath of God entered the body, where was it if existed? scripture please. thanks in advance.

PICYJAG.
Body with soul is a living being. A physically alive being. At the point of physical death the soul and spirit leave the body and enter into the presence of God. Peter, knowing that he was about to die, spoke of lying aside his dwelling (his body) and departing (2 Peter 1:13-14). Paul speaks of desiring to be absent from the body and at home with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8).

The soul isn't anywhere before it is created, and no one knows when the soul of a person is first created. There are various views concerning that subject.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Body with soul is a living being. A physically alive being. At the point of physical death the soul and spirit leave the body and enter into the presence of God. Peter, knowing that he was about to die, spoke of lying aside his dwelling (his body) and departing (2 Peter 1:13-14). Paul speaks of desiring to be absent from the body and at home with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8).

The soul isn't anywhere before it is created, and no one knows when the soul of a person is first created. There are various views concerning that subject.
ok, but you say, "At the point of physical death the soul and spirit leave the body and enter into the presence of God". ok if that is true, please explain these scriptures,

2 Corinthians 5:1 "For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Listen real good to this next verse.
2 Corinthians 5:2 "For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

If our new home is coming from heaven, that means Im not in heaven ... yet. Im in another location other than heaven.

Let me make it clear. If Im waiting for a postal box FROM the post office, that means Im not at the Post office. Im in a difference Location from the Post Office, can you agree? So, If Im waiting for a house FROM heaven to be clothed with, then Im not in heaven, would you agree.

Read those verses again, especially verse #2. Thanks in advance.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:15 PM

I believe we can now give the theological teaching, "What is the intermediate state?" a challenge.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:51 PM

1,259 posts, read 297,925 times
Act_2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity