U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 02:37 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,551,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
None of us actually know these things.

I'm inclined to believe we can be present with the Lord, yet still awaiting a spiritual body. But, I don't know.
If the scripture don't say why speculate. especially when the Lord directly tells us.

listen, 1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep".

did you see that RainMusic? "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord".

God himself is speaking to us. so who are you going to believe?.

PICYJAG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 03:07 PM

This Topic is in concert with Miss Hepburn topic, “Did Jesus ever 'test' one person ever?”. right here in 1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep”.

Right here we have the “Lord” Jesus testing us right NOW. Can we passe the test….

PICYJAG.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:24 PM

22,138 posts, read 16,845,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
First thanks for your reply, second, it's you who are ignoring the Biblical scriptures. and third, the scriptures are clear as day. fourth, nor will I argue when scriptures clearly reproof this "intermediate state".

fifth, you said, "Absent from the body.' That means not physically alive".

well I guess you better tell John the revelator, because he went to heaven and was Absent from the body and still alive. Revelation 4:1 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter".
You need to develop some reading comprehension. The issue here is not visions but physical death. Paul was not talking about having a vision in 2 Corinthians 5:8. He was referring to being absent from the body in physical death and in the presence of Jesus. Paul's statement had nothing to do with visions, and neither therefore did my comment with regard to Paul's statement. That comment being- Absent from the body.' That means not physically alive".

Quote:
you said, "Jesus Christ is currently seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven. To depart from the flesh is to be at home with the Lord". this is your mistake. the Lord Jesus is the first fruit of the resurrection of the dead. and two, he's not sitting next to anyone.

lastly, no Seminary school override any scriptures of God. I'll take the Holy Ghost word any day over any Seminary school opinion. for the scriptures are true, Matthew 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Good day.

PICYJAG.
No, I did not make the following comment.

''Jesus Christ is currently seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven. To depart from the flesh is to be at home with the Lord"

You dishonestly took two separate statements that I made, paraphrasing one of them and combined them into one, and put quote marks around them thus making it seem that I said something I never said. I never linked Paul's statement that being absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord, with the statement that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father thus making it appear that I said that Jesus is not in the flesh.

And Jesus is said to be seated at the right hand of the Father.
Acts 7:55 But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56] and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Romans 8:34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.

Eph. 1:20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,

Col. 3:1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Being at the right hand of the Father refers to Jesus' position of honor, power and authority.

Stop making false statements about what other people have said. Again you dishonestly took two different statements that I made, put them together in one statement and then put quotes marks around your made up statement which you claim that I made but which I did not.

And people can check my posts on this thread, #2, 4, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 24, 25, 27, 33, and 35, and see that I never made the statement - ''Jesus Christ is currently seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven. To depart from the flesh is to be at home with the Lord." Those are two separate statements referring to two different things.

Last edited by Mike555; 09-30-2018 at 03:37 PM..

Old 09-30-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Raise your hand if you thought you went right to heaven after ya die?
The apostle Paul would have to raise his hand - 2 Corinthians 5:8, Philippians 1:23.

And the apostle John would have to raise his hand since he saw martyred Tribulational saints in heaven. Revelation 7:9-15 and 20:4.

Again, mainstream Christianity recognizes that the believer goes to heaven when he dies, and that recognition is because of Biblical statements such as the ones I just referenced.
Question: "What does the Bible say about soul sleep?"

Answer: “Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:52; 1 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:18; 20:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Present-day defenders of soul sleep include the Seventh Day Adventist church, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christadelphians, and others.

https://www.gotquestions.org/soul-sleep.html

Old 09-30-2018, 03:59 PM

20,584 posts, read 9,926,979 times
To be absent from the body is to be with the lord is man's ideology or doctrine.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You need to develop some reading comprehension".
is that all you have to offer?. dismiss.

Quote:
You dishonestly took two separate statements that I made, paraphrasing one of them and combined them into one, and put quote marks around them thus making it seem that I said something I never said. I never linked Paul's statement about being absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord, with the statement that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father thus making it appear that I said that Jesus is not in the flesh.
first, you made that claim. and two, the Lord Jesus is not in NATURAL FLESH, but resurrected FLESH, changed flesh.

Quote:
question, "How many thrones are there of God?", answer one. so how is he seated next to what's not there. see you have no clue what "RIGHT HAND" means as with the "ARM" of GOD. so Mike please tell us how the Lord Jesus is God's ARM...

Quote:
Acts 7:55 But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56] and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

LOL, LOL, LOL. Mike, did you hear and ..... "UNDERSTAND" ... what our brother Stephen said? listen, he said the Son of Man, Lord , Lord, Lord, when will they learn. Look, without arguing, please look up the difference between the Son of Man and the Son of God. and then you will "UNDERSTAND" why our brother Stephen said, "Son of man" while in the Spirit. My, My, my.....

Quote:
Romans 8:34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.
since you will never look up what "Right Hand" means it is the POWER of God, and the Bible and common speech is used as a metaphor for the omnipotence of God.

so when our brother Stephen saw JESUS he saw God, the only ONE. Man oh man how hard is it.

Quote:
Eph. 1:20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,

Col. 3:1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Quote:
Being at the right hand of the Father refers to Jesus' position of honor, power and authority.

Stop making false statements about what other people have said. Again you dishonestly took two different statements that I made, put them together in one sentence and then put quotes marks around your made up sentence which you claim that I made but which I did not.

And people can check my posts on this thread, #2, 4, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 24, 25, 27, 33, and 35, and see that I never made the statement - ''Jesus Christ is currently seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven. To depart from the flesh is to be at home with the Lord." Those are two separate statements referring to two different things.
you can check my post also.

and as to the raising of Christ, "WHO RAISED CHRIST?". read John 2:18-21.

also you said that the Spirit and Soul goes to heaven, if so, show scripture where soul goes to heaven.

see Mike no one is misrepresenting you but you. why get angry, I'm like my brother the Apostle, Galatians 4:16 "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?".

PICYJAG

PS I thought you said you was threw with this topic?..

Old 09-30-2018, 04:04 PM

20,584 posts, read 9,926,979 times
Quote:
PS I thought you said you was threw with this topic?..
People do not always tell the truth.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
People do not always tell the truth.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
You need to develop some reading comprehension. The issue here is not visions but physical death. Paul was not talking about having a vision in 2 Corinthians 5:8. He was referring to being absent from the body in physical death and in the presence of Jesus. Paul's statement had nothing to do with visions, and neither therefore did my comment with regard to Paul's statement. That comment being- Absent from the body.' That means not physically alive".

No, I did not make the following comment.

''Jesus Christ is currently seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven. To depart from the flesh is to be at home with the Lord"

You dishonestly took two separate statements that I made, paraphrasing one of them and combined them into one, and put quote marks around them thus making it seem that I said something I never said. I never linked Paul's statement that being absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord, with the statement that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father thus making it appear that I said that Jesus is not in the flesh.

Stop making false statements about what other people have said. Again you dishonestly took two different statements that I made, put them together in one statement and then put quotes marks around your made up statement which you claim that I made but which I did not.

Quote:
is that all you have to offer?. dismiss.

first, you made that claim. and two, the Lord Jesus is not in NATURAL FLESH, but resurrected FLESH, changed flesh.
You're a liar 101. I never made the statement that you claimed, and are once again claiming that I made. And I have invited anyone reading this thread to check your claim against my posts. Again, you dishonestly took two different statements that I made, combined them out of context, put quote marks around them and then used your made up statement to make it appear that I said that Jesus was not resurrected.

And it seems that you aren't willing to own up to your lie.
Quote:
PS I thought you said you was threw with this topic?
You intentionally lied about me making a statement that I didn't make and you expect me to let it go?

Old 09-30-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
You're a liar 101.
so my paints are on fire... LOL. oh well. let's stick to the scriptures.

please post the scripture that says the soul goes to heaven? scripture please.

PICYJAG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity