Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 04:55 PM

1,259 posts, read 557,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
first thanks for the response.
second, The scriptures don't lie, the Lord Jesus words are true. I cannot make you believe, only point out the scriptural facts.

PICYJAG.

Jesus' words are True - we agree.

So you do believe that Jesus lacks any authority or power?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 06:51 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,225,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Jesus' words are True - we agree.

So you do believe that Jesus lacks any authority or power?
to both NO, and here's why. one must understand the difference between G1411, dunamis, the ability and might vs G1849, exousia, or authority.

and one more thing, "objective" vs "Subjective".

while divers in flesh he's the OBJECTIVE of himself the Spirit, who's the "Subjective".

knowing this, one then can understand him, the Lord Jesus, as the "ARM" of God in the "objective" state. are you following what we're saying.

your natural arm don't act independently do it? of course not. example, if there was a penny on the floor, and you picked it up, Question, "Who picked up the penny off the floor, your arm or your brain?". remember it's your brain that gave "AUTHORITY" to your arm to pick up the penny. so it was you as a whole, who picked up the penny. meaning the brain authorized the ARM to do something.

lets give you a clear understanding. we all know that the Lord Jesus is the "ARM" of God, Right. arm means POWER here. our military is the ARM of the Ruling Government, and it, the military, or the Army is authorize to Fight. it just don't jump up and start fighting on it's own, no, it must be authorized to fight. yet it's the POWER of the elected Government. understand the POWER/G1411, dunamis is controlled by the AUTHORITY/G1849, exousia. let's see this in the bible.

when Sennacherib invaded Judah with his army, king Hezekiah spoke to the People. this is found in 2 Chronicles 32, you can read the whole chapter, but we're going to pick up the account at verse 6-8, listen. 2 Chronicles 32:6 "And he set captains of war over the people, and gathered them together to him in the street of the gate of the city, and spake comfortably to them, saying,

2 Chronicles 32:7 "Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:

2 Chronicles 32:8 "With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah".

did you notice the term, "An ARM of FLESH", which was Sennacherib army, his fighting men, his POWER.

the Lord Jesus, GOD in flesh, is his "ARM of FLESH", or POWER on earth to carry out his "OBJECTIVES". or to do his will here on earth. scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me".

see, God as the Spirit, cannot die, so he got into a body of flesh to do his "OWN" will, and to give as a sacrifice.

so when one see in the bible where the Lord Jesus say he do nothing on his self, he's correct, just as your own ARM just don't jump up and slap someone upside their head. your arm must be authorize.

so yes, the Lord Jesus have the authority and the Power to do what he is doing. by being diverse in flesh as an "ARM of Flesh". he have it all on authority, because he's the power also. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God".

hope that helped.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:28 PM

566 posts, read 500,336 times
I have no interest in my Grandpa's grandpa; nor in any ancestors who died 200 years ago. Let 'em be resurrected, and walk around earth for all I care. Heck, I aint in touch with my grandma's sister's kids, so whom should I await at the cemetery during the resurrection event?

I could just see some 20 dead relations coming over for tea and cookies. Right.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
I have no interest in my Grandpa's grandpa; nor in any ancestors who died 200 years ago. Let 'em be resurrected, and walk around earth for all I care. Heck, I aint in touch with my grandma's sister's kids, so whom should I await at the cemetery during the resurrection event?

I could just see some 20 dead relations coming over for tea and cookies. Right.

You'll get to see them all in 22 years.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
to both NO, and here's why. one must understand the difference between G1411, dunamis, the ability and might vs G1849, exousia, or authority.

and one more thing, "objective" vs "Subjective".

while divers in flesh he's the OBJECTIVE of himself the Spirit, who's the "Subjective".

knowing this, one then can understand him, the Lord Jesus, as the "ARM" of God in the "objective" state. are you following what we're saying.

your natural arm don't act independently do it? of course not. example, if there was a penny on the floor, and you picked it up, Question, "Who picked up the penny off the floor, your arm or your brain?". remember it's your brain that gave "AUTHORITY" to your arm to pick up the penny. so it was you as a whole, who picked up the penny. meaning the brain authorized the ARM to do something.

lets give you a clear understanding. we all know that the Lord Jesus is the "ARM" of God, Right. arm means POWER here. our military is the ARM of the Ruling Government, and it, the military, or the Army is authorize to Fight. it just don't jump up and start fighting on it's own, no, it must be authorized to fight. yet it's the POWER of the elected Government. understand the POWER/G1411, dunamis is controlled by the AUTHORITY/G1849, exousia. let's see this in the bible.

when Sennacherib invaded Judah with his army, king Hezekiah spoke to the People. this is found in 2 Chronicles 32, you can read the whole chapter, but we're going to pick up the account at verse 6-8, listen. 2 Chronicles 32:6 "And he set captains of war over the people, and gathered them together to him in the street of the gate of the city, and spake comfortably to them, saying,

2 Chronicles 32:7 "Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:

2 Chronicles 32:8 "With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah".

did you notice the term, "An ARM of FLESH", which was Sennacherib army, his fighting men, his POWER.

the Lord Jesus, GOD in flesh, is his "ARM of FLESH", or POWER on earth to carry out his "OBJECTIVES". or to do his will here on earth. scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me".

see, God as the Spirit, cannot die, so he got into a body of flesh to do his "OWN" will, and to give as a sacrifice.

so when one see in the bible where the Lord Jesus say he do nothing on his self, he's correct, just as your own ARM just don't jump up and slap someone upside their head. your arm must be authorize.

so yes, the Lord Jesus have the authority and the Power to do what he is doing. by being diverse in flesh as an "ARM of Flesh". he have it all on authority, because he's the power also. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God".

hope that helped.

PICYJAG.

If He is one of the Two Witnesses would He have to be given Power?

Old 10-03-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
If He is one of the Two Witnesses would He have to be given Power?
first thanks for the reply,
Yes, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men".

he G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') himself in flesh.
G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.
1. to make empty.
2. (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify.
[from G2756]
KJV: make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain

this is an ACT of his WILL while in flesh.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:53 PM

PS if you want to know when he was given power, Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound".

the Spirit that came upon him was the oil in Zechariah 4, the anointing

Zechariah 4:6 "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
PS if you want to know when he was given power, Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound".

the Spirit that came upon him was the oil in Zechariah 4, the anointing

Zechariah 4:6 "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

PICYJAG.
:

What do these verses mean to you?:

Gen 21:27 And Abraham took sheep and oxen, and gave them unto Abimelech; and both of them made a covenant.
Gen 21:28 And Abraham set seven ewe lambs of the flock by themselves.
Gen 21:29 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What mean these seven ewe lambs which thou hast set by themselves?
Gen 21:30 And he said, For these seven ewe lambs shalt thou take of my hand, that they may be a witness unto me, that I have digged this well.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
:

What do these verses mean to you?:

Gen 21:27 And Abraham took sheep and oxen, and gave them unto Abimelech; and both of them made a covenant.
Gen 21:28 And Abraham set seven ewe lambs of the flock by themselves.
Gen 21:29 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What mean these seven ewe lambs which thou hast set by themselves?
Gen 21:30 And he said, For these seven ewe lambs shalt thou take of my hand, that they may be a witness unto me, that I have digged this well.

let's get the answer first, and then explain. so we start at Genesis 21:23 "Now therefore swear unto me here by God (that's the answer), that thou wilt not deal falsely with me, nor with my son, nor with my son's son: but according to the kindness that I have done unto thee, thou shalt do unto me, and to the land wherein thou hast sojourned.

second a covenant is a contract between two parties. the seven lambs represented completeness which God is mediator of the covenant. and this is proved out for us today in 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus".

but here is the revelation, Galatians 3:19 "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one".

that's the Lord Jesus the faithful Witness. who also the letter of Revelation is from.

Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

PICYJAG.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:

let's get the answer first, and then explain. so we start at Genesis 21:23 "Now therefore swear unto me here by God (that's the answer), that thou wilt not deal falsely with me, nor with my son, nor with my son's son: but according to the kindness that I have done unto thee, thou shalt do unto me, and to the land wherein thou hast sojourned.

second a covenant is a contract between two parties. the seven lambs represented completeness which God is mediator of the covenant. and this is proved out for us today in 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus".

but here is the revelation, Galatians 3:19 "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one".

that's the Lord Jesus the faithful Witness. who also the letter of Revelation is from.

Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

PICYJAG.

Who is the Well? Who is creator of the Well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity