U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 03:01 AM

1,703 posts, read 1,798,883 times

Advertisements

The Bible is silent about "sexual acts upon oneself", sex before mariage is forbidden though without any doubt, one might argue if it is OK if you stay together with your partner forever, but more than one partner is against God's will (unless you are widowed).To marry and to divorce and than to marry again and divorce and so on is as much against God's law as sex before marriage. Believers are judged more severe than unbelievers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 07:44 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
The Bible is silent about "sexual acts upon oneself", sex before mariage is forbidden though without any doubt, one might argue if it is OK if you stay together with your partner forever, but more than one partner is against God's will (unless you are widowed).To marry and to divorce and than to marry again and divorce and so on is as much against God's law as sex before marriage. Believers are judged more severe than unbelievers.
well we only have hints of why it might be wrong in the Father's kingdom in the future one day. in that if there is semen spilt in anyway .. the person is ceremonially unclean till you wash/or / and until evening..
thus I suspect that this is why it was first constructed to be wrong.. when Fathers were asking their sons if they spilled their seed in a wet dream or on purpose before going into Jerusalem say for a feast.
but the ceremonially unclean things isn't necessarily "a sin" anywhere else except in his temple or on the Father's mountain or maybe one day in the millennium in Jerusalem were even the pots will need to be holy.. which means to be kept ceremonially clean..( I think) where HIs kingdom will be at.

Zec 14:20

On that day holy to the Lord will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the LORD's house will be like the sacred bowls in front of the altar.
Zec 14:21

Every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the LORD Almighty, and all who come to sacrifice will take some of the pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite[fn] in the house of the LORD Almighty.

in this same way " clean foods" were holy and unholy... does not mean sinful.. unless you are eating them in the wrong places. besides I think we are already "one" with ourselves and are breaking no covenants.
I am sure God doesn't hate pleasure or he wouldn' t have made the act of marriage so darn fun.... but what he hates is it's abuse .. like men bonding to sin or someone else who is not theirs to bond/covenant too.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-16-2018 at 07:52 AM..

Old 11-16-2018, 08:01 AM

25,805 posts, read 13,413,199 times
7 billion people and counting on this little blue planet. "God" knows how many bazillion living entities in the rest of the universe. And fundies think this god-thing is watching every single one of them to see what they're doing with their naughty bits. Like it has nothing better to do than make a note every time Johnny unzips or Lucille scratches a tingly itch.

What a sick pervert their god-thing is! And they worship it!

Old 11-16-2018, 08:48 AM

21,093 posts, read 23,907,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
well we only have hints of why it might be wrong in the Father's kingdom in the future one day. in that if there is semen spilt in anyway .. the person is ceremonially unclean till you wash/or / and until evening..
thus I suspect that this is why it was first constructed to be wrong.. when Fathers were asking their sons if they spilled their seed in a wet dream or on purpose before going into Jerusalem say for a feast.
but the ceremonially unclean things isn't necessarily "a sin" anywhere else except in his temple or on the Father's mountain or maybe one day in the millennium in Jerusalem were even the pots will need to be holy.. which means to be kept ceremonially clean..( I think) where HIs kingdom will be at.

Zec 14:20

On that day holy to the Lord will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the LORD's house will be like the sacred bowls in front of the altar.
Zec 14:21

Every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the LORD Almighty, and all who come to sacrifice will take some of the pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite[fn] in the house of the LORD Almighty.

in this same way " clean foods" were holy and unholy... does not mean sinful.. unless you are eating them in the wrong places. besides I think we are already "one" with ourselves and are breaking no covenants.
I am sure God doesn't hate pleasure or he wouldn' t have made the act of marriage so darn fun.... but what he hates is it's abuse .. like men bonding to sin or someone else who is not theirs to bond/covenant too.
Kind of like when god "took" Mary, who was not his and was bonded/promised to another man?

Old 11-16-2018, 10:03 AM

5,664 posts, read 2,869,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
One prisoner said after studying the Bible that because the condition his brain was in that his brain needed a good washing.
I wonder if those with sexually transmitted diseases are still having ' fun '______
I wonder if those who had a selfish abortion for just simply wanting to get rid of an unwanted child are still having ' fun '____
Good point, not to mention all those teenage pregnancies. Then again, what does one do with all those raging hormones?

Thing is, the way I see it is that many teenage pregnancies are a direct result on the sex before marriage ban. Wise sex education would prevent many of them and would avoid STD's. So I actually blame the bible 'teaching' for many of our sex related problems. I was married to a 'born again' and I can tell you that she was damaged in that way - she had sex hang-ups and just had to refrain from sex before marriage which by the way, did not prevent her from having an affair with a married man (she just didn't go completely all the way) and did not prevent her from getting pregnant (by me). It did prevent her from having a natural and free sex life, even in marriage.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Kind of like when god "took" Mary, who was not his and was bonded/promised to another man?

for thousands of years ( from jeremiah 31:22 )" behold I do a new thing a women(h5347) will encompass a man "

Na Khebah h5347 נְקֵבָה nĕqebah had been waiting for just that day ! ..

and as you see here
she gave her permission

Luk 1:38

Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

oh slippery tongued one who does not know ancient history nor the scriptures<nor the power of God and or " the desired one of'
Na Qepah's " (ALI QUippah, Bathsheba, Eli zabeth ) [b] 'women[/B]' ( the "daughters of the Oath" of EVE) !!
They all had been waiting for that day and that same announcement by heaven and were even praying it with every Sabbath. I believe they were asking for him to come..

if they knew it or not as the women lit the candle of every sabbath candle lit that they all wished they would be the ones to carry the savior of the world.

and the Naqebah all waited for HIM !~! YOU do falsely accuse God yet again.. they waited for the one WHO WOULD BE THE SAVIOR to be born and who would raise the dead .. He did that at his death and at his resurrection, men were coming out of their graves . as the record shows and proves by eyewitnesses .. !!
The heavens had told the story for ages, the ancients of every matrilineal society around the world had waited and prayed for that day!
OH yes Men Give God a bad name!! .. Now women Love him and had been waiting for him! so you do falsely accuse God again.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-16-2018 at 11:01 AM..

Old 11-16-2018, 07:18 PM

Oh and now I must appologize.. YOU KNOW God condemns Job for only one thing! BECAUSE Job was trying to defend God to his friends.
God does not need to be defended by me OR ANYONE ever !!! His connection to humanity and all cultures ( like the Chinese language videos I posted ) and his love for all men is deep and wide and goes back to the roots of all mankind is there for anyone who even kind of looks into it .. He is amazing, His word is Amazing. but I don't need to prove it or Him!

though I find him so amazing.. I just have to share what I find.. because it is compelling! I am compelled!! but
He is a BIg GUy and he can defend his own self !

Old 11-16-2018, 08:49 PM

13,408 posts, read 6,695,746 times
From a human perspective: My mother was torn for me. She didn't want me to have sex until I was married, but she wanted me to go to college and work before I got married, and realized it was pretty unreasonable to go so far into adulthood remaining chaste.

She reconciled religion with modern times and what was best for me. It was a lot more practical in Biblical times when people married very young than it is now.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:58 AM

well God gave mankind a special a glorious gift to become one heart with another soul in an act we call marriage ..and when it used right and(maybe ideally considering it is a fallen world )
and prayerfully before him I think it can be a most glorious gift ' but

we all see in this life how it is a NOT so glorious the way it is used just way too often?

and then sometimes he has other plans like the Prophet Hosea.
NO doubts I bet that Hosea will have a special place in God's heart and maybe a purer love in the kingdom age.? what do you all think?
maybe without marrying her he would have had no kind of Love at all in his life ..

so the question is maybe was she better than NO love at all?
but God's guarantee n anyone one there will be a perfect love in their life?
or are we just commanded to love?

Old 11-17-2018, 03:44 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,221,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
this is the old covenant.
Sexual sins are handled differently in the new and old covenants.

"Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven's lights. Unlike them, He never changes or casts shifting shadows" (James 1:17).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or