U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 11:14 PM

149 posts, read 54,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
sex before marriage is not a sin

Leviticus 18 lists all the sexual sins and none of them mentioned sex before marriage
The bible testifies to itself. It never reads "all sexual sins" are listed in in just that one verse
Otherwise only you say it does, which means nothing.

The Bible teaches sex before marriage is sin in Galatians 5.

There are other sexual sins listed there too, adultery for example.
But again, I have no right to assume that list in Galatians 5 lists "all sexual sins"
when there is no scripture testifying to such
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Sort of a HUGE problem in today's society, don't you think?

I had always learned, that, any sex before being married was considered a sin, also sexual acts upon oneself (sorry.) That, if not within marriage, were considered a sin in the eyes of the Lord.

Now, if the goal of a Christian life is to not sin, and honor God.. This has ALWAYS created great conflict for me.

I may be in this category because even if I have not had sex, I cannot say I am innocent of.

If I am saved, (and I am, just backsliding. I also accept Christ back in every time I hear Joel Osteen or go to a service.. I have been Water Baptized one time,) then I am not sure if these things even matter.

Can anyone with Christian background help me out? I'm not really interested in the "There is no God" thing because I know that there is, and that his name is Jesus, son of the Father, who sits on the throne. The three in one.
Even if you don't sin, which is impossible since you will, that doesn't establish a relationship with your heavenly father. Listen to Greg Laurie on youtube. He has great sermons which are entertaining yet based on the truth of scripture.
You will not have this temptation likely....(but nothing is guaranteed) to this degree when you establish a relationship with Christ. You will slowly conform to his image as promised, which lessens the need to sin. Sorta like when you eat healthy and exercise, the temptation for junk food is kept at bay because you are giving your body, naturally, what it needs.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
If a married man has sex with a married woman (other than ones own wife), is it adultery?
Yes, they were put to death (Leviticus 20:10, Deuteronomy 22:22-24).

If a married man has sex with an unmarried women, is it adultery?
No, she became his wife (Genesis 4:19; 29:23-30; 31:17; 32:22; 36:2,6, Exodus 21:10, Deuteronomy 21:15-17; 25:5-10, Judges 8:30, 1 Samuel 1:2; 25:42-43; 30:18, 2 Samuel 5:13, 1 Kings 11:1-3, 1 Chronicles 4:5; 8:8; 14:3, 2 Chronicles 11:21; 12:7-8; 13:21; 24:3, Daniel 5:2-3).

If an unmarried man has sex with a married woman, is it adultery?
Yes, they were put to death (Leviticus 20:10, Deuteronomy 22:22-24).

If an unmarried man has sex with an unmarried woman, is it adultery?
No, they were commanded to marry each other (Exodus 22:16-17, Deuteronomy 22:28).
this is the old covenant.
Sexual sins are handled differently in the new and old covenants.

Last edited by ByeFelicia.; 09-30-2018 at 11:32 PM..

Old 10-01-2018, 12:09 AM

583 posts, read 161,590 times
We are all the same, according to the spirit of Ama. He said that women should not use the ones to be used when we graduate. When is our graduation? He asked if we have seen someone who was abandoned when they got married. If that happens to married couples, how much easier will it be for single persons to be abandoned by her boyfriend or his girlfriend?

Old 10-01-2018, 12:48 AM

3,139 posts, read 940,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If I was a regular watcher of Joel Osteen, it wouldn't be sex that I would be worried about, Joel Osteen's God is money and if anyone should doubt this, they should go and look at what he owns. To rationalize how wealthy he is, he teaches his followers that it is all about money.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:52 AM

3,139 posts, read 940,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
7. 1 Corinthians 7:8-9

To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single, as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Paul clearly spells out that for unmarried, single people, God desires abstinence from sex for them. If abstinence is not something they can live with, then they should seek to get married. Its clear that sex within the context of marriage is not a sin, but outside of marriage it is sinful.

https://corechristianity.com/resourc...riage-is-a-sin
I don't think Paul was forbidding masturbation. I think he meant if you can't refrain from hooking up, then you need to find a partner.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:12 AM

3,034 posts, read 1,058,085 times
I think it would be pretty safe to say that offering up a list of human practices that IS NOT a 'sin' would make for a very short list. Has anyone ever attempted this?

Old 10-01-2018, 02:24 AM

21,093 posts, read 23,921,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Sort of a HUGE problem in today's society, don't you think?

I had always learned, that, any sex before being married was considered a sin, also sexual acts upon oneself (sorry.) That, if not within marriage, were considered a sin in the eyes of the Lord.

Now, if the goal of a Christian life is to not sin, and honor God.. This has ALWAYS created great conflict for me.

I may be in this category because even if I have not had sex, I cannot say I am innocent of.

If I am saved, (and I am, just backsliding. I also accept Christ back in every time I hear Joel Osteen or go to a service.. I have been Water Baptized one time,) then I am not sure if these things even matter.

Can anyone with Christian background help me out? I'm not really interested in the "There is no God" thing because I know that there is, and that his name is Jesus, son of the Father, who sits on the throne. The three in one.
why is sex a problem? Do some people have difficulty performing sexually?

Old 10-01-2018, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I don't think Paul was forbidding masturbation. I think he meant if you can't refrain from hooking up, then you need to find a partner.
and who was paulie to say anything was a sin? Isn't that up to god???

Old 10-01-2018, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If you feel you have sinned, ask God to forgive you and then move on. Pray that God would lead you to a mate to share your life with.
what if your action i not a sin, but out of being SHAMED an GUILTED by others you think it is and go asking forgiveness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or