U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2018, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Florida
66,611 posts, read 35,937,388 times
Reputation: 11211

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickedTheBucket View Post
His mind was made up prior to the creation of the world.

They used to stone adulterers. Jesus instead, asked who was without sin suggesting they cast the first stone. All set their rocks down.
He also said "sin no more". Why? Because her prior actions were sinful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2018, 01:24 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 24,515,435 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He also said "sin no more". Why? Because her prior actions were sinful.
and from that day forward she was sinless evermore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2018, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Florida
66,611 posts, read 35,937,388 times
Reputation: 11211
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
and from that day forward she was sinless evermore?
I don't know, but I do know that from that day forward her sins were not counted against her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2018, 07:38 PM
 
3,349 posts, read 1,167,805 times
Reputation: 2886
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28
. . .and from that day forward she was sinless evermore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know, but I do know that from that day forward her sins were not counted against her.
Not to turn this into a homosexual thread but I don't understand your reasoning here, Finn. You say that from that day forward her sins were not counted against her - implying that she would continue to sin but that those sins would be blotted out - but you somehow don't apply this same reasoning to a homosexual who, in your view, is sinning. Perhaps I should have copied and pasted this post on to the more appropriate "Why does homosexuality ...etc." thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2018, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Florida
66,611 posts, read 35,937,388 times
Reputation: 11211
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Not to turn this into a homosexual thread but I don't understand your reasoning here, Finn. You say that from that day forward her sins were not counted against her - implying that she would continue to sin but that those sins would be blotted out - but you somehow don't apply this same reasoning to a homosexual who, in your view, is sinning. Perhaps I should have copied and pasted this post on to the more appropriate "Why does homosexuality ...etc." thread.
I did not imply anything. Take the gay discussion back to the homosexuality thread, where the fault in your reasoning was already exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Status: "A tad pixilated." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
27,354 posts, read 14,215,185 times
Reputation: 12200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know, but I do know that from that day forward her sins were not counted against her.

And that's the important part, right? You can be a total knob but if you've said The Magic Words To Jesus, it's A-OK and a heavenly choir will trumpet your arrival to heaven upon your expiration date.


Sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2018, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
16,690 posts, read 5,546,156 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickedTheBucket View Post
His mind was made up prior to the creation of the world.


They used to stone adulterers. Jesus instead, asked who was without sin suggesting they cast the first stone. All set their rocks down.

She was spared from stoning. The new covenant encompasses commands but they hinge upon the #1 commandment, the law of Love.
Each one one was in sin for the fact that they brought judgment on one person when the law forbids such a thing. Is somebody is accused of adultery, then both parties MUST be present or THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAWS OF JUDGMENT.....


Jesus wasn't saying that all those people were in sin, they were in sin because they were a mob crowed judging a man against the law because one guilty party cannot be convicted if both guilty parties are not present
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Status: "A tad pixilated." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
27,354 posts, read 14,215,185 times
Reputation: 12200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickedTheBucket View Post
You're clearly not a Christian eh?

What gave me away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2018, 01:35 AM
 
3,349 posts, read 1,167,805 times
Reputation: 2886
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude
And that's the important part, right? You can be a total knob but if you've said The Magic Words To Jesus, it's A-OK and a heavenly choir will trumpet your arrival to heaven upon your expiration date.

Sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickedTheBucket View Post
You're clearly not a Christian eh?
"Christian" is just a label that far too many folks tend to hide behind.

If asked, I used to use that term to describe myself; however, these days I've become rather hesitant to do so. I'm not sure what a "Christian" is nowadays. I do know what it was originally intended to mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2018, 04:44 AM
 
22,283 posts, read 10,460,861 times
Reputation: 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
"Christian" is just a label that far too many folks tend to hide behind.

If asked, I used to use that term to describe myself; however, these days I've become rather hesitant to do so. I'm not sure what a "Christian" is nowadays. I do know what it was originally intended to mean.
I couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top