Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 03:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jer, Pcamps, et al. Those who argue with you do NOT consider Jesus to be our Savior. They consider Him to be the messenger OFFERING salvation which is a very, very different thing. They also THINK that we must believe certain things ABOUT Jesus to save ourselves instead of just BELIEVING HIM and having faith that HE SAVED US which is a very, very different thing. I suspect that there can be no changing the minds of those who prefer the easy path of believing things ABOUT Jesus rather than BELIEVING HIM and following His instructions to love God and each other EVERY DAY and repent when they don't. It seems generations of accepting the primitive and barbaric fear-based "carnal milk" version of Christ's Gospel as a sign of faith in God (under threat of Hell) is very difficult to correct.
They have a potential savior, not one who actually saves humanity.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:08 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Where have I passed judgment? Check your mirror when you start spouting that sewer off.
He antagonizes people in purpose and hopes he gets a reaction out of it. Calling people haters, bigots, pharisees etc is standard stuff.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Electron, would you like to answer the question that was put before Mr. Jarber?
He is having some difficulties when it comes to understanding various languages.
You might as well ask me to explain why the moon is square. It is your story, so why are you asking others to explain it to you? You can explain your sagas yourself.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Electron, would you like to answer the question that was put before Mr. Jarber?
He is having some difficulties when it comes to understanding various languages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You might as well ask me to explain why the moon is square. It is your story, so why are you asking others to explain it to you? You can explain your sagas yourself.
So, you really don't know what it is that you believe, especially when it comes to the lake of fire.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Jerwade So, explain why the Lake (of fire) carries the meaning of a safe haven or refuge of safety?
Quote:
So, you really don't know what it is that you believe, especially when it comes to the lake of fire.
Don't play these games. You always do this, and it makes you look dishonest. You didn't ask me what I believe, you asked me to explain why the lake of fire means something YOU believe. The lake of fire is the second death, not a 'safe heaven'. If you want to explain why you think it is a safe heaven then YOU explain it. Don't ask me to explain your inventions.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
He antagonizes people in purpose and hopes he gets a reaction out of it. Calling people haters, bigots, pharisees etc is standard stuff.
Says Mr twisting misrepresented.

Quote:
The pharisees were not exactly bursting with joy either. On the contrary, they could not contain their hate, and in the end they had Him murdered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is because they HATED everything the man who was overflowing with love,grace, mercy and forgiveness towards all those like yourself assume are sinners and worthy of eternal hell, showed towards them. Like you they hated being exposed for their judgement upon those you assume are sinners.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-08-2018 at 03:39 PM..

Old 10-08-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Don't play these games. You always do this, and it makes you look dishonest. You didn't ask me what I believe, you asked me to explain why the lake of fire means something YOU believe. The lake of fire is the second death, not a 'safe heaven'. If you want to explain why you think it is a safe heaven then YOU explain it. Don't ask me to explain your inventions.
Apparently, lake is a primary word that conveys the meaning of a harbor or haven, not something that relates to everlasting or eternal damnation. But I see you attempted to make haven, sound like heaven? However, there can only be a second death, if you actually die or something is destroyed like that which you believe or have been taught, saving the man himself. Now, I am asking what it is you believe?

Old 10-08-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Ill tell you as I once told a friend. There is a difference between the twelve and ten scale.

Grrr...
What is the difference between precision and scale in Oracle?

Old 10-08-2018, 06:25 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
What is the difference between precision and scale in Oracle?
Simple really.
There are twelve roots to the tree..
At the heart of the tree is you.
Then there are twelve fruits.

But the twelve fruits only come after the gold planks are refined and placed in order.

Wanna move mountains ?

Old 10-08-2018, 06:31 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is because they HATED everything the man who was overflowing with love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness towards all those like yourself assume are sinners and worthy of eternal hell, showed towards them. Like you they hated being exposed for their judgment upon those you assume are sinners.
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill, and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy, and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity