Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 03:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The parable does not twist anything, it it a teaching of Jesus Christ. Why does it offend you to a point where you'd have to resort to a personal attack?
There is no escaping the fact that you have twisted it into a heaven and hell salvation message.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:39 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
The parable does not twist anything, it it a teaching of Jesus Christ. Why does it offend you to a point where you'd have to resort to a personal attack?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is no escaping the fact that you have twisted it into a heaven and hell salvation message.
An accurate observation.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An accurate observation.
Their expounding of the scriptures is nothing more or less than a belief system that has been shoe horned into them. Disagree with them and to them they you are a persecuting angry rejecters of their so called truth.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:09 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,469 times
Quote:
Then, he must have been talking about the fundamentalist who doesn't believe that love is first and foremost in any relationship. You know, those that are on his left who do the cursing, while those on his right are entering the narrow gate.
Why on earth would you mention anything at all about the narrow gate, and thus making reference to the wide gate, if you believe that all roads lead to, and all travelers make it, to heaven? Pick a side. Your inconsistency makes you look foolish. Dude, have you even read that passage?

Old 10-10-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Why on earth would you mention anything at all about the narrow gate, and thus making reference to the wide gate, if you believe that all roads lead to, and all travelers make it, to heaven? Pick a side. Your inconsistency makes you look foolish. Dude, have you even read that passage?
I think you will find he was referring a gate into a way(the way of Jesus), not a gate that is the entrance to some future fundy heaven.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you will find he was referring a gate into a way(the way of Jesus), not a gate that is the entrance to some future fundy heaven.
You guys read a "Choose your own Adventure" Bible, don't you?

Old 10-10-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
You guys read a "Choose your own Adventure" Bible, don't you?
Yep, God said whithersoever you go i am with you. I am with you always. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. Where can I go from your Spirit?Where can I flee from your presence?If I go up to the heavens, you are there;if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.If I rise on the wings of the dawn,if I settle on the far side of the sea,even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:59 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Then, he must have been talking about the fundamentalist who doesn't believe that love is first and foremost in any relationship. You know, those that are on his left who do the cursing, while those on his right are entering the narrow gate.
No, it is a simple message about those who accepted the invitation, and who didn't. You are obsessed with condemning "fundamantalists", which is probably why you never seem to get the messages Jesus was conveying.

Besides, according to your beliefs, everyone enters through one massive gate. Hitler murdered 6 million people while passing through your imaginary gate.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-10-2018 at 06:25 AM..

Old 10-10-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
No, it is a simple message about those who accepted the invitation, and who didn't. You are obsessed with condemning "fundamantalists", which is probably why you never seem to get the messages Jesus was conveying.

Besides, according to your beliefs, everyone enters through one massive gate. Hitler murdered 6 million people while passing thought your imaginary gate.
Deny it as much as you want, you have rewritten the parable to be a message of salvation from hell. You are on dangerous ground doing that never mind leading the gullible astray.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:

Besides, according to your beliefs, everyone enters through one massive gate. Hitler murdered 6 million people while passing through your imaginary gate.
They don't miss it. They deny it, choosing instead to make it about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity