U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 03:57 PM

5,972 posts, read 1,713,221 times

Advertisements

So make sure you tell your pastor you love and appreciate him. That's it. No other real point to this, not looking for a debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 04:20 PM

20,435 posts, read 9,853,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So make sure you tell your pastor you love and appreciate him. That's it. No other real point to this, not looking for a debate.
No debating, but I had to inform a pastor that he was not my teacher. He asked, "Then, what am I?" I thought he was a friend and told him so, but that turned out not to be true. He was more interested in his own status and how he appeared to others. He was also the one who brought my daughter who I call "Army Girl" to tears as she stood her ground against him, the youth pastor and several parents when she was a teenager.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:22 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,155,388 times
I no longer go to church, so I'll just have to appreciate the pastor within (Holy Spirit). Sure beats listening to any human! Plus, it's something I can do year 'round, instead of just one month out of the year.

I think I'll pour some wine to celebrate October though, and getting into fall/autumn.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Status: "Waving a sign that reads John 3:16" (set 2 days ago)

16,386 posts, read 8,919,300 times
Quote:

Old 10-03-2018, 04:29 PM

21,976 posts, read 22,156,685 times
Quote:
Good idea. I will.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:30 PM

25,896 posts, read 13,458,367 times
Puts me in mind of our dear, departed, self-proclaimed pastor Vizio. I hope wherever he ended up, he had a soft landing.

As an animist, I have no pastor in my life. But I did serve with several Catholic priests whom I admired and respected during my altar boy days.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No debating, but I had to inform a pastor that he was not my teacher. He asked, "Then, what am I?" I thought he was a friend and told him so, but that turned out not to be true. He was more interested in his own status and how he appeared to others. He was also the one who brought my daughter who I call "Army Girl" to tears as she stood her ground against him, the youth pastor and several parents when she was a teenager.
Your post is Completely off-topic. But I'd suggest you do find a pastor that can teach you.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I no longer go to church, so I'll just have to appreciate the pastor within (Holy Spirit). Sure beats listening to any human! Plus, it's something I can do year 'round, instead of just one month out of the year.

I think I'll pour some wine to celebrate October though, and getting into fall/autumn.
I'm sorry for you. If you refuse to fellowship with other Christians and sit under the teaching of a godly man you are just missing so much. I am saddened that one would either not be able to find a good church, or simply doesn't see the value in it.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:57 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,155,388 times
Quote:
I'm sorry for you. If you refuse to fellowship with other Christians and sit under the teaching of a godly man you are just missing so much. I am saddened that one would either not be able to find a good church, or simply doesn't see the value in it.
Thanks for the judgement there Brother. I never said anything about refusing "fellowship with other Christians", so that's assumption and a jumping-to-conclusions on your part.

But back to reality, I do meet with other believers, in a wonderfully loose setting. It's free of the pomp and ritual, and nicely models the good ol' days of fellowship and worship like in Jesus' time, and in the Gospels. Best change I've made in years.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Thanks for the judgement there Brother. I never said anything about refusing "fellowship with other Christians", so that's assumption and a jumping-to-conclusions on your part.

But back to reality, I do meet with other believers, in a wonderfully loose setting. It's free of the pomp and ritual, and nicely models the good ol' days of fellowship and worship like in Jesus' time, and in the Gospels. Best change I've made in years.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to judge. You said you don't go to church. That's a major part of church -- is to fellowship and get spiritual teaching. That's the role of a pastor -- to shepherd the flock. I assumed you didn't have that based on what you said.

If you don't have a godly shepherd/pastor, I do feel sorry for you. You really are missing out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or