U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 05:43 PM

4,229 posts, read 1,624,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
One of my friends said the thing he loves best about his partner is her belief in God. He said he absolutely cannot marry someone that doesn't put faith as number one. And whenever he talks about his love for her, he always has to mention that it's for God.

I really don't know why God would want you to spend a lifetime only thinking about him. If I were a God, I would care more about how my creations treat the other creations, not just how much they pray to me and worship me. Because if God is love, he doesn't need the validation.

What good is it to live a religious life, if you cannot just live a life of your own? Why does every single thing have to revert back to religion? Is it an obsession?

Actually God appreciates one choosing with their free will to listen to his advice and love him. Without God all have 0. He is the only one offering life everlasting in his kingdom. Family can mislead. Jesus taught, Members of ones own household( family) would be enemies( spiritually not physically)- We owe everything to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 06:15 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,101,614 times
Quote:
One of my friends said the thing he loves best about his partner is her belief in God. He said he absolutely cannot marry someone that doesn't put faith as number one. And whenever he talks about his love for her, he always has to mention that it's for God.

I really don't know why God would want you to spend a lifetime only thinking about him. If I were a God, I would care more about how my creations treat the other creations, not just how much they pray to me and worship me. Because if God is love, he doesn't need the validation.

What good is it to live a religious life, if you cannot just live a life of your own? Why does every single thing have to revert back to religion? Is it an obsession?
Are you by chance from iran?

Old 10-05-2018, 06:41 PM

954 posts, read 241,618 times
Quote:

My spouse would say faith is the most important thing. It is above all other things, including family. Dog is second. I think I am 6th. Happy to be in the top ten. I think I even beat out chocolate!

My faith is the number 1 thing. Even if my spouse left , friends and family abandoned me, and the dog bit my ear off, I still wouldn’t give up the faith

Old 10-05-2018, 07:54 PM

20,353 posts, read 9,819,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
My spouse would say faith is the most important thing. It is above all other things, including family. Dog is second. I think I am 6th. Happy to be in the top ten. I think I even beat out chocolate!

My faith is the number 1 thing. Even if my spouse left , friends and family abandoned me, and the dog bit my ear off, I still wouldn’t give up the faith
Love is greater than faith.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is greater than faith.
You can't seperate the two jerwade..
Interesting as your attempt is.

Unless of course you are gifted with a will speak of a certain day? Now that would put me on heals so to speak.
Jerwade d,rashing is an awesome prospect well worthy of ears!

Seriously I'm bitting my lip with anticipation.

Blessings Always

Old 10-05-2018, 08:32 PM

921 posts, read 624,860 times
Quote:

I wouldn't frame this issue as "spend a lifetime only thinking about him." Obviously people who are religious and put God first in their lives also can lead rich and rewarding lives.

God is love. We are made in his image. Therefore, we humans are also capable of love. As such when we fall in love with our mate it's not, "that it's for God." Rather, its because of God that we can genuinely love.

In Ecclesiastes 4:12, "And someone may overpower one alone, but two together can take a stand against him. And a threefold cord cannot quickly be torn apart." The third cord herein is taken to mean God. Sometimes it's the only cord that holds things together when challenges arise.

If a mate is losing their love for their spouse it may be only their love for God that prevents them from giving up on the marriage. It may be their love for God that prompts them to keep working at the marriage, keep communicating, and keep trying to find a solution to bring back what's lost.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:

Excellent choice of phrase to prove a point. Yes, the Lord goes before His children to do battle.

Kind of like when a mother that has been informed that her first born hates His child and will sell there soul in a cave bought with blood.

Such an disenginous effort of travail only escapes those who have ignored a promise while seeking power.

Phhhhh..

Such a person should lay aside their wealth for a moment and consider the slight possibility of Yeshua being as real as the Most High.
Or if they are truly brave they will find five women who despised rebellion and chose to ask for favor.

If courage is found while the 4th watch is prepared.

Well,
Who knows more about blessings than the Lord of Lights?

Old 10-06-2018, 06:11 AM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You can't seperate the two jerwade..
Interesting as your attempt is.

Unless of course you are gifted with a will speak of a certain day? Now that would put me on heals so to speak.
Jerwade d,rashing is an awesome prospect well worthy of ears!

Seriously I'm bitting my lip with anticipation.

Blessings Always
Faith can do things love cannot. Why do you think it says express your faith in love ?. If i can move mountains and don't have love, guess what i am.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:23 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Faith can do things love cannot. Why do you think it says express your faith in love ?. If i can move mountains and don't have love, guess what i am.
Do you love all things?

Old 10-06-2018, 06:25 AM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Do you love all things?
That the idea because love does no harm. How about yourself ?. My point was you can separate faith and love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or