U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 10:15 PM

20,419 posts, read 9,837,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I never said anything about works, but if you believe loving resembles that of work so be it.
If that is the case, then mustering up enough faith to believe would also be considered as works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Word games?

No answer?

Where do you get the idea you are saved by anything you do?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, lest any man should boast."

Love typically manifests itself in actions (it is the motivator of actions), but I guess you can just 'love' and not manifest it in any way, and just keep it to yourself. In that sense it is a feeling, even if it bares no fruit. Its like a schoolboy who is in love with a girl, but she doesn't know it because he is too shy to bring it up, or do anything about it.
That school boy might just be someone who lays down his life for that school girl without her ever knowing it. And people are motivated by doing the right thing without looking for anything in return. What you feel you are saved from is irrelevant. Love is the foundation on which we should build, not blind faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 07:26 AM

63,081 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Quote:
That school boy might just be someone who lays down his life for that school girl without her ever knowing it. And people are motivated by doing the right thing without looking for anything in return.
Thank you for proving my point

Old 10-10-2018, 12:24 AM

20,419 posts, read 9,837,567 times
Quote:
That school boy might just be someone who lays down his life for that school girl without her ever knowing it. And people are motivated by doing the right thing without looking for anything in return. What you feel you are saved from is irrelevant. Love is the foundation on which we should build, not blind faith.
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point
James 2:18
But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

In other words, faith manifests itself through that of love. No one follows another, blindly!

Old 10-10-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Love typically manifests itself in actions (it is the motivator of actions), but I guess you can just 'love' and not manifest it in any way, and just keep it to yourself. In that sense it is a feeling, even if it bares no fruit. Its like a schoolboy who is in love with a girl, but she doesn't know it because he is too shy to bring it up, or do anything about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nothing more clearly manifests your carnal-mindedness than this post. What we DO is always carnal. WHY we DO is always spiritual and THAT is what matters to God.
Quote:
In other words, faith manifests itself through that of love. No one follows another, blindly!
Hmmm....

Old 10-10-2018, 07:26 AM

1,078 posts, read 771,459 times
Quote:
Hmmm....
Three quotes...all talking about love or what is important to God. Your reply makes me scratch my head.Why is this offensive?

Old 10-10-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Three quotes...all talking about love or what is important to God. Your reply makes me scratch my head.Why is this offensive?
It is not offensive. Maybe you need to read back and see what was said. Or maybe you need to ask Mystic why said "nothing more clearly manifests carnal-mindedness" after I said love is a motivator of actions. It seems like people argue for the sake of arguing.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 AM

767 posts, read 430,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
One of my friends said the thing he loves best about his partner is her belief in God. He said he absolutely cannot marry someone that doesn't put faith as number one. And whenever he talks about his love for her, he always has to mention that it's for God.

I really don't know why God would want you to spend a lifetime only thinking about him. If I were a God, I would care more about how my creations treat the other creations, not just how much they pray to me and worship me. Because if God is love, he doesn't need the validation.

What good is it to live a religious life, if you cannot just live a life of your own? Why does every single thing have to revert back to religion? Is it an obsession?
Jehovah God , (Exo. 6:3), created humans, even if MANY refuse to acknowledge him. like any real parent, what parent wants their children to NOT think of them… constantly? it just shows that the children care deeply about their parent. also he CARED, enough to give up his perfect son's life. just so that we imperfect, selfish, unappreciated human's by nature, or through imperfection, can gain life. it was Jehovah God and Jesus who created everything, and gave us extras! they gave us sight, but didn't have to allow us the gift of seeing colors. a mouth to eat, in order to NOT starve, but didn't have to allow us the gift of taste. so that we can enjoy the many flavors ,and so on. Jesus who he sent constantly acknowledged his Father. his goal was to do all he could to please him ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). Jesus wasn't selfish, he didn't have that … I want to live as I please attitude.

Jehovah doesn't "NEED" ANYTHING from an imperfect human. but he ask for it because it shows that we appreciated all that he has done for us. and if he didn't care about how humans treated each other. he wouldn't have a whole book speaking on HOW we should act towards one another ,(remember..."thou shall not kill ,steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor and Honor thy father and thy mother?" (Exo. 20:12,13,15,16). sometimes we allow satan to blind us from the truth ,(2Cor. 4:4) ,so we say things that's not true. Jehovah gives us free will... to do right Jesus obeyed his Father, sadly MANY humans act as though they are greater than Jesus. Jesus set an example... for true Christians to follow. especially when it came to "WORSHIPPING" his Father, it could mean our lives ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

it's not about "religion" it's about the God who created ALL. and has the RIGHT, to ask for devotion from those who HE!... allows to get up daily, by giving us his "BREATH OF LIFE" ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul). to live a life that shows obedience to God, and to follow in Jesus steps ,(1Pet.2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps). again means that we have a chance to live, when this wicked world reaches it's end. if you choose not to worship Jehovah God, as many refuse. no "religion" can force you to. Jehovah God and Jesus gave us a choice. to either follow satan and die, or follow Jesus and live, it's your world! peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or