Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:02 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times

Advertisements

Unspoken Sermons by George MacDonald: The Consuming Fire

Series One

The Child in the Mist
The Consuming Fire
The Higher Faith
It Shall Not Be Forgiven
The New Name
The Heart With The Treasure
The Temptation in the Wilderness
The Eloi
The Hands of The Father
Love Thy Neighbour
Love Thine Enemy
The God of The Living

Series Two

The Way
The Hardness of The Many
The Cause of Spiritual Stupidity
The Word of Jesus on Prayer
Man's Difficulty Concerning Prayer
The Last Farthing
Abba, Father!
Life
The Fear of God
The Voice of Job
Self-Denial
The Truth in Jesus

Series Three

The Creation of Christ
The Knowing of The Son
The Mirrors of The Lord
The Truth
Freedom
Kingship
Justice
Light
The Displeasure of Jesus
Righteousness
The Final Unmasking
The Inheritance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 07:45 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
I read his Lilith 50 years ago and it led to a life-long love of fantasy novels.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:17 AM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Unspoken? Are we to read his mind, or is "unspoken" a lie?

Old 09-28-2018, 08:29 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Unspoken? Are we to read his mind, or is "unspoken" a lie?

I believe they're written essays.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I believe they're written essays.
George MacDonald was more than the church in which he ministered could handle. His writing came as a result of the "elders" feeling they must cut his miserable salary more fully. Thank God, they did!

George MacDonald

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_MacDonald

Old 09-28-2018, 05:16 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
This looks interesting, Rose2Luv.

I avoided clicking on it for a while because George McDonald was the name of my annoying elementary school band instructor. He used to stand on the stage with his heels hanging off the edge as he conducted, and we all secretly wished he would fall off.

But curiosity won.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This looks interesting, Rose2Luv.

I avoided clicking on it for a while because George McDonald was the name of my annoying elementary school band instructor. He used to stand on the stage with his heels hanging off the edge as he conducted, and we all secretly wished he would fall off.

But curiosity won.
Dear Queen: Rid your thinking of your annoying elem. school teacher & focus on one of our Father's precious stones. I have walked with giants of faith in past days of my wee experience; George MacDonald is worth reading and re-reading.

One day 30 years ago, the Father dropped 6 words into me that nearly killed me. For two weeks I could hardly eat, the depth of the words & the anointing of His mighty Presence was a life changing moment for me. George MacDonald 80 years earlier penned exactly what came by revelation to me that day. I love G.M. and the God of G.M. very very much!

From Him. through Him, for Him

Old 09-28-2018, 09:42 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Queen: Rid your thinking of your annoying elem. school teacher & focus on one of our Father's precious stones. I have walked with giants of faith in past days of my wee experience; George MacDonald is worth reading and re-reading.

One day 30 years ago, the Father dropped 6 words into me that nearly killed me. For two weeks I could hardly eat, the depth of the words & the anointing of His mighty Presence was a life changing moment for me. George MacDonald 80 years earlier penned exactly what came by revelation to me that day. I love G.M. and the God of G.M. very very much!

From Him. through Him, for Him
I shall. I read the first article in the link you posted. I am drawn to fire, and his writing on God and fire is beautiful and worthy of further contemplation.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:51 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
His writings are on a higher plane - he had great spiritual understanding.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I shall. I read the first article in the link you posted. I am drawn to fire, and his writing on God and fire is beautiful and worthy of further contemplation.
Dear Mightyqueen: the first article in the link is the very thing that moved me to a joining of Spirit with G.M. I am so pleased the Lord saw fit to not allow me to read the Consuming Fire before speaking what He did to me that fateful day years ago.

Every last one of these "unspoken sermons" is filled with a working of Almighty God's working in a remarkable vessel of His.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity