U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 12:01 PM

20,421 posts, read 9,843,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you don't want to give gifts to your spouse, children, brothers, sisters or friends? Then, I have a lump of coal that you can transform into a diamond with many facets. Although, diamonds have been around longer than coal and deeper in the earth, where heat and pressure fused atoms of carbon together into crystalline structures. However, I am sure you will catch on to the meaning of what it is to be cheap.

Now, what did I do with that mineral glass of multiple facets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
One can fake their love by being forced to share because of a calendar dated holiday. Or they can just give out of love not because of a calendar date telling them they have to. Cheap has 0 to do with it. Partaking off the table of demons is how satan owns 99%
People are not forced to give from the heart on a specific day, but neither should they be made to think it is some kind of sin. And, your belief's about a false entity called Satan is irrelevant, although you do make it an idol of your heart by refusing to do something on a specific day? Can I get a "boo" to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 02:46 PM

4,261 posts, read 1,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
People are not forced to give from the heart on a specific day, but neither should they be made to think it is some kind of sin. And, your belief's about a false entity called Satan is irrelevant, although you do make it an idol of your heart by refusing to do something on a specific day? Can I get a "boo" to you?

It was Jesus who said to be no part of this world--They do not fit in.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:13 PM

32,244 posts, read 21,127,372 times
Quote:
How do you live by the other world?.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Actually, that came from the mindset of religious men who wanted to dominate others by imposing the ideology of fearmongering in order to hold people hostage within the realm of a darkened mind and heart.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Through myth's and false teachings, especially that of an underworld.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:27 PM

9,300 posts, read 5,501,816 times
Quote:
World celebrations are loaded with things off the table of demons---no matter what they look like.
Like july 4 holiday in usa. founded from men blowing each others heads off then turned into a celebration from false reasonings. Satan owns 99%
Yet you ignore the Scripture that I posted and bring up a different holiday---that has nothing to do with spirituality. You haven't one bit of authority to tell those free in Christ what holidays they must refrain from if they celebrate them to the glory of God.

I'm an Anabaptist in belief and do not take glory in celebrating war. I'm opposed to flying American flags in church, or singing primarily "nationalist" war songs in church. And I'm a Vietnam veteran who volunteered to go over there and volunteered for every patrol my unit sent out. I was born into a military family and we moved all over the U.S. and across both oceans.

But now I oppose war. July 4th is NOT a spiritual holiday. The mixture of it with churches is part of the dumbing down of Scripture by fundamentalists who like to tell us on what days we are allowed to worship or praise God.

The demon you need to be concerned about looks at you in the mirror every morning before urging you to post this kind of nonsense.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:29 PM

9,300 posts, read 5,501,816 times
Quote:
Yet Jesus' example was that HE was a part of the world. He ate and drank with sinners, even invited Himself to their homes to fellowship with them.

You, however, are better than Jesus, and wouldn't stoop to such a low standard???

Old 11-08-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yet Jesus' example was that HE was a part of the world. He ate and drank with sinners, even invited Himself to their homes to fellowship with them.

You, however, are better than Jesus, and wouldn't stoop to such a low standard???

Jesus promoted Gods kingdom-Luke 10, Acts 20:20. John 5:30)-- lived to do his Fathers will as do the true followers-Matthew 7:21

Old 11-08-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yet you ignore the Scripture that I posted and bring up a different holiday---that has nothing to do with spirituality. You haven't one bit of authority to tell those free in Christ what holidays they must refrain from if they celebrate them to the glory of God.

I'm an Anabaptist in belief and do not take glory in celebrating war. I'm opposed to flying American flags in church, or singing primarily "nationalist" war songs in church. And I'm a Vietnam veteran who volunteered to go over there and volunteered for every patrol my unit sent out. I was born into a military family and we moved all over the U.S. and across both oceans.

But now I oppose war. July 4th is NOT a spiritual holiday. The mixture of it with churches is part of the dumbing down of Scripture by fundamentalists who like to tell us on what days we are allowed to worship or praise God.

The demon you need to be concerned about looks at you in the mirror every morning before urging you to post this kind of nonsense.

I know its fact about the worlds celebrations. Satan is the ruler of this world, Jesus said. I know July 4th isn't spiritual. Its nationalistic.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Jesus was speaking of the satan ruled parts( celebrations, false religions, govts, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or