Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 02:58 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
I am Catholic and I am going to read the 66 book Protestant Bible. As you may or may not know the Catholic Bible has additional books.

I have finished reading the first 10 books but have 56 to go until I finish. The Ethiopian bible is the longest of all bibles. The Ethiopian Orthodox bible has 81 books. Someday, I would like the read the Ethiopian and Eritrean Orthodox bible that 50+ million Christians call their Holy Book.

I have recently read the English Quran completely, all 114 chapters. I also have a Hindu Vedas, the Hindu scripture.

Have any of you read the bible in it's entirety? If you have, what did you take from it?

Better question might be, "What CAN'T you take from it?" Hidden in plain sight is the answer to every question ever asked or will be ever asked. It is a collection of spiritual books written to our spirit man, and freely interpreted BY our new Spirit man, the Lord Yeshua. You cannot see the Kingdom without the King living inside you. Receive Him today by faith, the lover of your soul, the redeemer of your soul, who sets us free of all sins. Blessings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 03:06 PM

23,124 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
I am Catholic and I am going to read the 66 book Protestant Bible. As you may or may not know the Catholic Bible has additional books.

I have finished reading the first 10 books but have 56 to go until I finish. The Ethiopian bible is the longest of all bibles. The Ethiopian Orthodox bible has 81 books. Someday, I would like the read the Ethiopian and Eritrean Orthodox bible that 50+ million Christians call their Holy Book.

I have recently read the English Quran completely, all 114 chapters. I also have a Hindu Vedas, the Hindu scripture.

Have any of you read the bible in it's entirety? If you have, what did you take from it?
Hundreds of times, I read the entire bible every week for almost 2 years but I have been reading and studying the bible for over 50 years, I don't even know how many hundreds of times I have read it, so much so, that I study the bible in my sleep. I guess with anything you do night and day, you dream about, I can see the words of the bible while reading the bible asleep.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:27 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Hundreds of times, I read the entire bible every week for almost 2 years but I have been reading and studying the bible for over 50 years, I don't even know how many hundreds of times I have read it, so much so, that I study the bible in my sleep. I guess with anything you do night and day, you dream about, I can see the words of the bible while reading the bible asleep.

Amen. If people only realized that book is ALIVE, in that it was designed to awaken our spirit man and feed Him, and so the Word becomes flesh AGAIN, in a many-membered body that are called by His name. The only way to be called by His name is MARRY HIM, HalleluYAH! Union begins in the Spirit with being infilled by Him, and ends in the Spirit by being joined to Him. Blessings....

Old 10-13-2018, 03:34 PM

1,279 posts, read 851,346 times
Quote:

Yes, I have read the Bible cover to cover several times. The first time, I was shocked at some of the things in it- they made me realize how far I fell short.

Each other time, the Bible just always gives new ideas to me and is very helpful in my faith journey. No matter what the day brings, there’s something in the daily reading that helps. Depending on what you’re dealing with in life, relevant parts will jump out at you, in new ways based on your circumstances.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Hanni, you couldn’t have read the entire bible every week...

How long does it take to read the Bible?

It takes just 70 hours and 40 minutes to read the Bible through "at pulpit rate," and aloud! It takes only 52 hours and 20 minutes to read the Old Testament, and just 18 hours and 20 minutes to read the New Testament. The longest book, Psalms, will take just 4 hours and 28 minutes. - http://euxton.com/bible.htm

Old 10-14-2018, 07:47 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,161,592 times
To those who believe will be revealed the deeper things of God. Unbelievers are reading somebody else's mail......

Old 10-14-2018, 10:53 AM

23,124 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Hanni, you couldn’t have read the entire bible every week...

How long does it take to read the Bible?

It takes just 70 hours and 40 minutes to read the Bible through "at pulpit rate," and aloud! It takes only 52 hours and 20 minutes to read the Old Testament, and just 18 hours and 20 minutes to read the New Testament. The longest book, Psalms, will take just 4 hours and 28 minutes. - How long would it take to read your Bible through? The Village of Euxton, Lancashire, England. Euxton dot com (TM)
It takes about 16 hours a day, and this is passing over lots of numbers that didn't add to the story, but yes you can read bible every week. I used to finish an average book like Stephen King and other authors everry single day,

I used to get stuck on authors, I would read their first book, and then read everything they ever wrote, and I would finish a book every day. I am the most obsessive person you would ever meet and I don't lie, I read the bible every week.....O, I am incorrect, in 1998 I got interested in Judaism, and I made a plan to read the Old Testament every single week without ever reading the New Testament and I did this every single week for almost 2 years just so I would know the history very well. Then I found Josephus Flavius, and I carried I carried it everywhere for about a year and I must have read it through and through 20 or 30 times. Then I found Eddie Chumney's ,'' The 7 feasts of Messiah, '' and I wore out 3 copies of that book, and I read that book every single day for years. Then I found the Temple By Edersheim and I read that book every week for probably almost a year, I obsess about reading, and I have still put off reading the New Testament but I already know it by heart....

After reading 16 hours a day for over a decade, I started playing games and I would always find a certain person to focus on in order to stay interested in study, and so whatever that person would do, I watched for signs like a game and I have been playing this game for a while now, years. I sit here and literally write books everyday but I delete 90 percent of what I write, see, it's the writing.

You start writing about a subject and when you are through with a very long post, you have learned new things, I learn when I write because I study to write, and then I delete because I learned what I needed and so I will move on.

I got stuck on just the book of Ezekiel for so long that people began telling me to stop reading Ezekiel, I was more obsessed with that than anything except maybe the song of songs.

There. is no way for me to be in my own head, should I let my mind wander, I will just scream and involentarily begin cursing.

If I am awake, I am reading.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:46 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:

I found it boring, for the most part. And that was when I was a Christian.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:54 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times
Quote:

One of the sad points found throughout is that 99% were mislead for the majority of mortal history. The only time it may not have been that high of a number is when Israel stood strong. Yet they fell over and over. Its like that now. 2Timothy 3

Old 10-14-2018, 08:23 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,452 times
Yes it's important to read all of God's word since Jesus said it gives life to man.

Though reading it is just a start.

"Whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity