U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 03:08 PM

40,103 posts, read 26,772,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus elevated His HUMAN consciousness to perfect resonance (Identity) with God's consciousness connecting ALL human consciousness to God. Identity means Identity, Jimmie. Identity with the Divine IS Divine! Just because carnal minds could not grasp the concept of consciousness and Spirit as seeking the Divine does not mean that we are not destined to join (however imperfectly) the Divine as Jesus did under the cover of His perfection (Grace).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, no.
How do you get "No" out of my post, Jimmie????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 04:25 PM

16,373 posts, read 8,912,733 times
Quote:
How do you get "No" out of my post, Jimmie????
The first sentence.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:40 PM

32,254 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Quote:
The first sentence.
Explain your gripe, you can't so you won't. Gotquestions does not have a reponse to it, You are an embarrassment to your beliefs never mind the way of Jesus Christ if you cannot respond to Mystic's response peacefully and with reason.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:08 PM

20,430 posts, read 9,845,914 times
Anyone prefer an empty cross over crucifix in their church buildings?

My preference is neither are necessary.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Anyone prefer an empty cross over crucifix in their church buildings?

My preference is neither are necessary.
I prefer what flowed from the cross..... unconditional forgiveness.... an absolute travesty to fundamentalist bible believers( and universalist fundamentalists too).

Old 10-13-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
The first sentence.
You do not think that Jesus was HUMAN????

Old 10-13-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
You do not think that Jesus was HUMAN????
I think Jesus was divine and lowered Himself to become one of us. If I understand you, you believe the opposite.

Phil. 2

6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I think Jesus was divine and lowered Himself to become one of us. If I understand you, you believe the opposite.

Phil. 2

6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.
How on earth does it make Him NOT Divine simply because you think it happened in reverse???? Divine is Divine. What do you think Jesus meant by this:

John 5:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

If He was already divine at birth, He would not have to learn to be Divine from the Father's teaching. How would the Father's teaching "lower Him"????

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-13-2018 at 05:56 PM..

Old 10-13-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
How on earth does it make Him NOT Divine simply because you think it happened in reverse???? Divine is Divine.
Moderator cut: Political, but christianity in this country to be quite frank is embarrassing, Moderator cut: Political.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-13-2018 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: Politics not necessary in this forum

Old 10-13-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
How on earth does it make Him NOT Divine simply because you think it happened in reverse???? Divine is Divine. What do you think Jesus meant by this:

John 5:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

If He was already divine at birth, He would not have to learn to be Divine from the Father's teaching. How would the Father's teaching "lower Him"????
It means He and the Father are one. And yes, Jesus was divine at birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or